Tickets for the family stand

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby rossblue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi guys, I went to the Pompey and villa games and booked my tickets over the phone via ticket office, however Iv been online and tried to book tickets firstly for Sheffield on Tuesday and then QPR on the 26th but apparently there's no avaliablilty in the family stand for either game??? Is this because you can only book over the phone or is it genuinely sold out??? Even yesterday with the big crown and the stand divided in half there were still a fair few empty seats
rossblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tickets for the family stand

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I would always phone. I used to only get row A tickets online so phoned every week and got decent tickets. This was at the end of DJ's reign, but even if the family was genuinely sold out (Malkys first season) they would get you tickets elsewhere in the ground at family prices.

I never got a season ticket for 18 months as i thought my daughter would get bored and move on......She never. The pain is the ass was missing the league cup final as i never had any privileges and was working the day they went on general release.
llan bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:28 pm

If you look somewhere on eticketing it says that family stands can only be booked over the phone or in person
gwentbluebirds

Postby cityman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm

rossblue wrote:Hi guys, I went to the Pompey and villa games and booked my tickets over the phone via ticket office, however Iv been online and tried to book tickets firstly for Sheffield on Tuesday and then QPR on the 26th but apparently there's no avaliablilty in the family stand for either game??? Is this because you can only book over the phone or is it genuinely sold out??? Even yesterday with the big crown and the stand divided in half there were still a fair few empty seats

Not to sure how much that's costing u mate, but that will be 3 league games you've bought tickets maybe you should look at how much the st is..not sure if you can still spread the cost by direct debit but it's worth asking, sounds like you've got the bug now so could end up costing you a lot more over the season
cityman

Postby rossblue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks guys, I'm still a student so my tickets are fairly cheap. I don't get every Saturday off but next season il probably get us all one (Mrs included) il have to call up for the family stand I guess
rossblue

Postby AV3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 pm

I know this isn't much use to anyone but...

Villa have changed to a new ticket distributor this season. They no longer use Ticketmaster.

For the game at yours on Saturday and next Tuesday at Reading, fans were able to go online and book the exact seat that they want in the away section - No more blindly booking a seat and it being in the lap of the Gods where you end up. It is a much better system.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 pm

rossblue wrote:Thanks guys, I'm still a student so my tickets are fairly cheap. I don't get every Saturday off but next season il probably get us all one (Mrs included) il have to call up for the family stand I guess

You can only book tickets for the family stand via the phone or in person at the ticket office. Anywhere in the stadium you can book them online - I think it's to do with the no adult without child and no child without an adult policy. Enjoy the matches mate! :bluescarf:
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks for everyone's help. We have booked for the QPR game but for the game tomoz they only had 3 seats in a row right near the front and the view isn't the best down there.
rossblue

Postby Valebluebird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Ben keep in mind that as long as no one is sitting in a seat that you want to be in you can sit their I remember the Brighton home game when it was raining heavy and I had a front row seat in the grandstand a steward said I could sit where I want as long as the seat was free enjoy the match tomorrow with your kids I'm in the canton can't wait my voice is just about recovered from Saturday :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Valebluebird

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks buddy, we won't be down tomorrow but we booked tickets for QPR game
rossblue

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Here's me and my eldest
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (413.99 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
rossblue

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Here we are
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (473.04 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
rossblue

Postby Valebluebird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Those pics warm the heart glad your enjoying the matches have you signed up to I follow if you do you get to see full game replays on mobile or tablet the next day must say iv watched the villa game twice now lol keep on supporting the boys the more the merrier :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Valebluebird

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:17 pm

good idea, how much does it cost to sign upto it?? I was going to ask if anyone knew how I can either watch or listen to the game tomorrow night. I'm glad you like our pics. the boys are buzzing to go again
rossblue

Postby Valebluebird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:28 pm

£4.49 a month press conference videos full match replays for every game home and away and live game commentary :bluescarf:
Valebluebird

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm doing it now
rossblue

Postby Valebluebird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Good lad I recommend watching the villa game it's a hoot :bluescarf:
Valebluebird

Postby rossblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:21 pm

We were there live mate and Iv watched highlights man
rossblue

Postby rossblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 am

For the QPR game I brought 3 tickets the other day, but my Mrs wants to come with us, what are the chances that she will be able to sit with us in the family stand without being asked to move seats
rossblue

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am

If you're not getting a season ticket, there's a 6 game pass that offers reduced rates. I don't know if there's a student offer version of it, but it's worth asking. Look after the pennies... Welcome to Cardiff City btw :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
103 Barmy Army

Return to General Chat