Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City FC striking options '

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01 am

' Cardiff City FC striking options '

So was having a think and at the moment we are pretty well stocked- ok I grant you that we have strikers but not many who have proven to be players who can put the ball into the net:

First team:
Zohore - our main weapon of mass destruction
Ward - the new boy
Healey - injured
Gounogbe - currentlynout of favour but it's suggested Warnock may allow him a fresh chance
Saadi - good season on loan in Belgium yet to see what the future holds
Lambert - injured for majority of the season after move, not really given opportunities due to fitness by gaffer.
Meite- signed as a potential in the same mouldy as Vardy, had played a few minutes at the end of games but more for the development side, spent the final few games on the bench but never got on.

That's 7 first team forwards!!
I'd suggest that the following may move on before the start of the season
Lambert - available to go
Gounogbe - Belgium loan?
Meite - loan for 6 months in U.K. And then 6 months to break into first team?
Saadi - plenty of opinion for me I'd keep him I think having 3 senior strikers and then Healey is a great option, but could also command a fee

Re: Cardiff City FC striking options

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Seven strikers looks a good number, but when you break it down we've probably only got two.....Zohore and Ward. Lambert, Saadi and Fred don't look to have a future here (though personally I'd like to give a fully fit Saadi a go in pre-season) Meite is one for the future and Healey is going to be out for a good while longer. On that basis, even though NW has said he wants three more players, (two CMs and a utility) I would be surprised if we didn't get another big striker to provide cover for Zohore. This could yet be a loan player of course. :bluescarf: