Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' VINCENT TAN TO GIVE WARNOCK FULL BACKING '

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:54 am

I'm not sure how the writing off of £62m of debt affects FFP. I know that VT can put in £8m and we can lose another £5m per season without sanction but does the writing off of such a large amount give us anymore wriggle room?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I'm not sure how the writing off of £62m of debt affects FFP. I know that VT can put in £8m and we can lose another £5m per season without sanction but does the writing off of such a large amount give us anymore wriggle room?

You are correct Tony. It has no impact on FFP compliance as it was promised as a conversion of debt to shares rather than a write-off. The former greatly improves the balance sheet , but has no impact on the profit and loss account which is what FFP is all about.

The promised follow up of a write off[b][/b]of £8m a year for 5 years does improve the FFP position

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 am

Stringfellow wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Vincent Tan is ready to back Neil Warnock for a promotion push in January if Warnock can get the Bluebirds up the table come January.

If City are a top ten side in January then Tan has pledged his full backing to Warnock in the January transfer window.

Could be an exciting time ahead :bluescarf:

IMG_1524.JPG

Carl, heard this as well and also if things progress but without promotion to expect a full promotion push next season. The penny has dropped as only a few months ago we were selling David Marshall. Don't write off a return to the capital for Scotland's number one. :thumbup:

we d9nt need Marshall amos has proved he's a good keeper plus he's younger

Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:58 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I'm not sure how the writing off of £62m of debt affects FFP. I know that VT can put in £8m and we can lose another £5m per season without sanction but does the writing off of such a large amount give us anymore wriggle room?

You are correct Tony. It has no impact on FFP compliance as it was promised as a conversion of debt to shares rather than a write-off. The former greatly improves the balance sheet , but has no impact on the profit and loss account which is what FFP is all about.

The promised follow up of a write off[b][/b]of £8m a year for 5 years does improve the FFP position

I was hoping you would pop up Keith and clear that up. Thanks. :thumbup:

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I would go all out for a decent striker if u was Warnock, no need to break te bank and send us more in debt, offload Jazz Richards and manga free up some money and get a striker and midfielder in, Warnock won't bring any mugs in.