Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andreas Cornelius is a loan deal

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:57 am

SSN just attended our press conference and stated that OGS confirmed the Andreas Cornelius move to Copenhagen is a loan deal only.

Re: Andreas Cornelius is a loan deal

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 am

More bad news

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 am

Good. Think the kid has been treated harshly. Hopefully it'll do him good.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:09 am

Anarch0 wrote:Good. Think the kid has been treated harshly. Hopefully it'll do him good.

I agree. I'd be gutted if we completely threw in the towel with this lad. He has had bad luck with injuries and just needs some game time. To sell back to Copenhagen for next to nothing would have been nothing short of a travesty and a complete waste of time and money. We have invested in a young player and it has not quite worked out so far but that is still not a good enough reason to just cut our losses and move on. I Think we need to give him a bit more time to develop.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:11 am

Good.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:21 am

Really happy about this news -

- We arnt now throwing money away getting rid of a signing who has [played lesds than 130 mins football for us
- He is definalty one for the future and a loan move back to his previous club will get him a bit of confidence
- People forget he scored 18 goals in 32 matches last season & won Superliga Player of the Year and Young Talent of the Year

I know he hasnt been great for us - but he is a young promising player being thrown into the premier league with team mates who arnt proven premierleague quality either... its going to be hard

Not to mention the huge pressure he faced due to the pricetag

I really hope we keep him for next season

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:41 am

he was just talking about him then didnt mention a loan deal

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am

Pleased with a loan deal.... He's only 20 and I know so far he's been abit of a flop but with some games and goals at his old club, he'll come back stronger and more confident I think.