Hardest Brit in the last 30 years??

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hardest Brit in the last 30 years??

Postby headshot » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 pm

12thMan wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCA0mhaXKs4

Mark Potter is a 'cage fighter' and would f*cking smash everyone person put forward on this thread.

Are you SERIOUS?

He fights in a minor league regional MMA organisation, he doesn't even fight in BAMMA - the largest MMA organisation in the UK.

He'd get his add handed to him in the UFC!!!

so would mike tyson a few years ago .........look at him now !!!!!!
headshot

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby 12thMan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 pm

headshot wrote:
12thMan wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCA0mhaXKs4

Mark Potter is a 'cage fighter' and would f*cking smash everyone person put forward on this thread.

Are you SERIOUS?

He fights in a minor league regional MMA organisation, he doesn't even fight in BAMMA - the largest MMA organisation in the UK.

He'd get his add handed to him in the UFC!!!

so would mike tyson a few years ago .........look at him now !!!!!!

Thing is mate, Tyson would probably get his add handed to him in his prime as well.

If he fought a high level UFC Heavyweight - it'd be game over. They'd find a way to take him down pretty quickly and then he'd get beaten up or submitted fast.
12thMan

Postby Big Boss Man » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:He lost his last fight in MMA and he nowhere near the UFC level.

Still in terms of hard men would of beaten Roy Shaw and Lenny in a fight.

Are we talking hard men or boxing now?

If it's boxing then Lennox Lewis is the answer.

I'll just re-post this for 12th Man.
Big Boss Man

Postby mr'mogreenz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Andy mCnab or chris ryan.. S.a.s men who were involved in the bravo2zero mission in the first iraq war.. They dnt come much tougher than them pair! I suppose any s.a.s soilder must be as hard and as tough as they come, the selection prosses they go through would destroy most men lol
mr'mogreenz

Postby 12thMan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:He lost his last fight in MMA and he nowhere near the UFC level.

Still in terms of hard men would of beaten Roy Shaw and Lenny in a fight.

Are we talking hard men or boxing now?

If it's boxing then Lennox Lewis is the answer.

I'll just re-post this for 12th Man.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
12thMan

Postby RichBluebird » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 pm

frazier wrote:Mclean and Shaw were certainly tough men but both boxed professionally and didn't rise to the top, that says a lot I think, indeed Mclean was knocked out in the first round twice in his brief boxing career and Shaw struggled to beat an injured Ron Stander, an american journeyman. There is a fella from Cardiff who was incredibly tough and a devastating street fighter, he's getting on a bit now but few if any ever got the better of him, his name is Marlo Offside.

I used to work with Marlo's nephew I think, Joe and he was quite embarressed by the fact his uncle was a hard nut but all the same confirmed it but said his days of fighting are behind him. I think if we're talking sports men in particular footballers then surely Stuart Pearce, Vinnie Jones, Roy Keane and Duncan Ferguson deserve a mention?
RichBluebird

Postby Lee Macca » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:46 am

It was only a story like all the rest false names everything :o For f**k sake if u think your hard join MMA that will sort the men from the boys .

quote="Lee Macca"]I am going to tell you about my mate Gavin Mac ebbw vale he has not got a massive reputation but he should have. Seriously he has had a bad time lately and now his head is gone big time , I went to swansea for a night out with him about 4 weeks ago and what i seen him do will stay with me forever. He was approached by a group of BIG lads who clearly work out regularly and a fight started , Gavin knocked 2 out in a blink of an eye, He kicked the first boy up under his jaw and dropped him instantly and then before he even brought his foot back down he superman punched the other and dropped him out cold . The other boys were now scared as their hardest was out. But gavin didn't stop He kicked the boys feet from under him and slammed his head into the ground with his hand splitting the boys skull open , this caused alot of blood to flow and bouncers to come . Gavin tryed to explain to the bouncers what happened but they tried to manhandle him out of the club Big mistake as my M8 is just so fast he slammed his elbow into this guys face 3 times fast as f**k and split him open WIDE , He just sat on the floor like a big fat c**t dripping with blood and clearly dazed. The other bouncer got the worst of it thoe , Gavin let his hands go on him and all he could do was cover up and take a massive beating He smashed him up so bad that this guys head was swelled right up and it looked like he had a crushed cheekbone as his face was disfigured but it was hard too see with the blood . My M8 is an animal but he does not like to fight he has 3 children to look after and a girlfriend who he adores. Gav is only about 13 stone the same as paul woods mentioned above.
I wish you could of been there to hear the noise his connections made and seen it for yourself it was amazing .
And 1 last thing i went to walk the dogs with him recently and he was feeding a horse which bit his fingers, and what happened next was sick gavin smashed the horse with his fist and knocked it down the horse was throthing at the mouth and spazzaming on the floor uncontrollably so we just ran off . P.S For animal lovers out there we went on a walk again and the horse is fine .. So this is proof its the quiet ones to watch out for .[/quote]
Lee Macca

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:41 am

Someone from the SAS/SBS.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Cardiff Daft! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm

being a boxer means f**k all. look at rocky marciano. never lost a fight in the ring but got knocked out one punch by an irish man in a pub in wales.
Cardiff Daft!

Postby polo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:being a boxer means f**k all. look at rocky marciano. never lost a fight in the ring but got knocked out one punch by an irish man in a pub in wales.

a. was he pissed ?
b. was he ready ?
c. was he in his prime ?
polo

Postby Cardiff Daft! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

polo wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:being a boxer means f**k all. look at rocky marciano. never lost a fight in the ring but got knocked out one punch by an irish man in a pub in wales.

a. was he pissed ?
b. was he ready ?
c. was he in his prime ?

a. id imagine they both were as the argument started in a pub
b. they went outside for a square go
c. he was serving in the american forces at the time.
Cardiff Daft!

Postby stickywicket » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:34 pm

gavin rae

seriously henry cooper he knocked out ali although the record books say something different.

:old:
stickywicket

Postby Dr Blue » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:26 pm

It's not about how hard you are, it's about how smart you are. Or how fast you can run :D
Anyone is hard with a loaded Desert Eagle in their hand.
Got a light?
Dr Blue

Postby gwbluearmy! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Alan Carr
gwbluearmy!

Postby Denzil » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 am

Stan Brufford and Les Miles...two very tough Welshmen.
Denzil

Postby AJ1927 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 am

Well the Hardest man ive ever seen with my own eyes? Id have to say My Old Man. Ex para and only 5ft4 ive seen many people think nothing of him only to end up on their arse thinking what the f**k just happend.
But in 1996 my elder brother got into a bit of trouble and had two large guys at my front door baying for blood, the two guys were call Micheal and Philip Ambree (Both jacks might add) anyways cut a long story short my wee man told em to do one and philip threw a punch which my pops ducked and pinned him on the floor two quick chin punches and phill was sleeping
meanwhile Micheal took a swing with a motorcycle helmet missing wildly he got pinned against the fence and recived a barrage of punches also leaving him limp on the floor.
My Dad who has a host of boxing and judo medals from his time in forces walked away hardly touched or sweating...so not to be out done the brothers picked themselves up and rode off on the bike and threw a brick through my dads car window.

Scummy Jacks..

Scummy Jacks.
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Postby tommo blue » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:00 am

PHIL STANT HARD AS f**k :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
tommo blue

Postby fasteddie » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm

people like lenny maclean and roy shaw are undoubtabley tough, both killed men with there bare hands,but always the hardest men seem to be the little quiet geezer who looks like he wouldnt hurt a fly......................
fasteddie

Postby backwithabang » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Old Canton Casual wrote:Big john ferrugia from the docks enough said :!: :!:

So right mate, All this talk about Dai Bish lol Bish in his prime wouldn't have lasted a minute with Farrugia, neither would have John (Gaucci) Lathem. I don't think John Smith Ely would have stood a chance against Farrugia either. Although John Smith reminds me of Farrugia, both gentlemen and neither of them got involved in bullying
backwithabang

Postby Grumpyguts » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:29 pm

backwithabang wrote:
Old Canton Casual wrote:Big john ferrugia from the docks enough said :!: :!:

So right mate, All this talk about Dai Bish lol Bish in his prime wouldn't have lasted a minute with Farrugia, neither would have John (Gaucci) Lathem. I don't think John Smith Ely would have stood a chance against Farrugia either. Although John Smith reminds me of Farrugia, both gentlemen and neither of them got involved in bullying

Mick Gould ex SAS is a tiny bit tasty.
Grumpyguts

Postby todder76 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Now John smith 20 years ago John Bateman both Ely boys .
todder76

Postby cardiff yid » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Don't know about toughest in Britain, but yes J.Smith from Ely, and J.Farrugia (Nodge) wrecking machines. You would be badly hurt tangling with these lads. Real nice guys aswell just don't light the torch paper :lol: :lol:
cardiff yid

Postby Kanester » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Matcho Man Randy Savage.
Kanester

Postby morgan1927 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:45 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Roy Shaw, AKA Pretty boy Shaw, I have met him several times, he ain't a huge bloke, mind you he got fists the size of cabbages.Apparently he's a bit poorly now but up until last year 70 plus or not he still had the frightening look and aura about him.

Lovely bloke and I used to get on well with him ( made sure I did :lol: ) but you just new he had those cold killer eyes, but a hard hard man, if he told you it was Tuesday, then it was Tuesday. :?

sorry gwyn but am sure roy shaw died a few months ago
morgan1927

Postby citybluechris » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:53 am

mick foley aka mankind aka dude love aka cactus jack..... BANG BANG!! wrestling must be fake but he put his body on the line and did some crazy stuff!
citybluechris

Postby JONNY012697 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:54 am

citybluechris wrote:mick foley aka mankind aka dude love aka cactus jack..... BANG BANG!! wrestling must be fake but he put his body on the line and did some crazy stuff!

dont think hes British though
JONNY012697

Postby citybluechris » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:27 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:mick foley aka mankind aka dude love aka cactus jack..... BANG BANG!! wrestling must be fake but he put his body on the line and did some crazy stuff!

he can play a british character munnnnn :lol:
citybluechris

Postby lethal's shooting boot » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:40 pm

James Cracknell, not in a thuggish bully boy way but a toughness that is second to none, anyone who has done endurance events would understand the pain barrier the guy has gone through, he is something else.
lethal's shooting boot

Postby JONNY012697 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 am

citybluechris wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

he can play a british character munnnnn :lol:

lol well he has had a few personas in the past why not throw another one in :ayatollah:
JONNY012697

Postby JamesC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 am

PHIL "THE POWER" TAYLOR
GrangeEndStar on David Marshall wrote:World class keeper. I imagine that even when he goes for a shit, he often ends up with a clean-sheet.
JamesC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat