EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

Postby CityGent » Thu May 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:How pleasant. :roll: No wonder some people don't like posting on here.

You're welcome to leave. You won't be missed you boring turd
CityGent

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm not saying Cardiff are bigger than Everton, but aren't some going a bit over the top with how big Everton are? History doesn't mean you're going to win anything in the future, and they averaged 36k this season. They have to sell players to balance the budget.

No doubt a big club, but personally I don't think they warrant descriptions such as "enormous" or "massive".
Carpe Diem

Postby bloo » Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 pm

City Gent deleting posts to cover his own embarrassment as well now. You are rattled pal just admit it :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bloo

Location: Mostly in London WE GET EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

6 bysedd wrote:A good indication of how big a club is if they go tumbling down the leagues and if they maintain their crowds.I'd say you have 15k die hards who would still turn up in League 1.We have about 12k.Everton would still have 30-40 thousand die hards where we're made up of half loyal fans and half plastic fans.You're way off anything like Everton and are getting carried away again.

How do you know? If they had a good few years in league one, I doubt very much they would have 30-40k turning up. If they had as many years outside the top div as Cardiff have had, what would their crowds be? Nobody knows, but i suspect nothing like what they get today.
Carpe Diem

Postby bloo » Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:A good indication of how big a club is if they go tumbling down the leagues and if they maintain their crowds.I'd say you have 15k die hards who would still turn up in League 1.We have about 12k.Everton would still have 30-40 thousand die hards where we're made up of half loyal fans and half plastic fans.You're way off anything like Everton and are getting carried away again.

How do you know? If they had a good few years in league one, I doubt very much they would have 30-40k turning up. If they had as many years outside the top div as Cardiff have had, what would their crowds be? Nobody knows, but i suspect nothing like what they get today.

Leeds, West Ham and Forest still got big crowds when they got relegated though. Everton would still sell out in my opinion, especially when a club that is established like they are have a large number of season ticket holders.
bloo

Location: Mostly in London WE GET EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

bloo wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Leeds, West Ham and Forest still got big crowds when they got relegated though. Everton would still sell out in my opinion, especially when a club that is established like they are have a large number of season ticket holders.

I'm talking years out of the top flight. Leeds and forest both averaged around 22-23k this season. So what size clubs are they and how do they compare to Everton?
Carpe Diem

Postby 6 bysedd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

And the reason we don't know is because they haven't been outside the top flight in 52 years.And in that time have won 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups a League Cup and Cup winners Cup.In that 52 years you lot weren't even in the top flight.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby Bluemellons » Thu May 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Everton have never been out of the top flight have they? ....and apart from the 80's when all clubs attendances fell due to hooliganism, Everton have had great support (check the average div 1 (premiership) attendances for the 80's.....shockingly low.
Everton have had huge crowds for decades and a fan base that reaches to all parts of the UK. We have grown beyond belief but are still a long way behind them.
We are currently of similar size to Stoke and Fulham, but are still miles behind them in terms of stature. We havent even played a Premier game yet ffs!!! :lol:
If we can stay up a few years, then we can start talking about the giant waking up!!! :ayatollah:
Bluemellons

Postby Barry Chuckle » Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

And the reason we don't know is because they haven't been outside the top flight in 52 years.And in that time have won 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups a League Cup and Cup winners Cup.In that 52 years you lot weren't even in the top flight.

Yet we're still bigger than them. :lol:

We're a medium sized club that has just reached the top flight after many years. We are going to be small fry next season, compared to what we are used to.

Everton, however, have been in the top flight for decades & have won many things. They also have a huge potential to be even better - just like any other club has.
Barry Chuckle

Postby 6 bysedd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

We're a medium sized club that has just reached the top flight after many years. We are going to be small fry next season, compared to what we are used to.

Everton, however, have been in the top flight for decades & have won many things. They also have a huge potential to be even better - just like any other club has.

Unbelievable,Jeff.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Didn't address my point at all.
Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Where did I say Cardiff were bigger than Everton? I'm asking questions rather than making claims.
Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Bluemellons wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Everton have never been out of the top flight have they? ....and apart from the 80's when all clubs attendances fell due to hooliganism, Everton have had great support (check the average div 1 (premiership) attendances for the 80's.....shockingly low.
Everton have had huge crowds for decades and a fan base that reaches to all parts of the UK. We have grown beyond belief but are still a long way behind them.
We are currently of similar size to Stoke and Fulham, but are still miles behind them in terms of stature. We havent even played a Premier game yet ffs!!! :lol:
If we can stay up a few years, then we can start talking about the giant waking up!!! :ayatollah:

Again, I never made any claims that we were bigger than them or about being a giant.
Carpe Diem

Postby Barry Chuckle » Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 pm

I was talking about this ridiculous thread in general, rather than you personally, sorry. :ayatollah:
Barry Chuckle

Postby 6 bysedd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Didn't address my point at all.

They might not get 30 -40 k every game but could still fill Goodison at will,even in the lower leagues.Of course they could.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I was talking about this ridiculous thread in general, rather than you personally, sorry. :ayatollah:

Fair enough, cheers :ayatollah:
Carpe Diem

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Are we bigger than anyone in the Prem realistically?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 pm

the potential is there for us to be a decent size club...

what are we talking when we say big club??? history?, ground size, fan base?? financial backing??

everton are historically a big, well run established and successful club... a history of good players.

i think what gwyn was thinking is this close season, will they spend near 30mil on players? prob not. will they increase their fan base and stadium size in the next year or too? again prob not. Would it be a forward , sideway or backward step to leave us and manage them at the current time? i dont know...
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby cakey-8t7 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Read his post , Gwyn says bigger potentially, there's a differance I agree with Gwyn, we will be better than Everton in a few years watch this space :ayatollah:
cakey-8t7

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 9:40 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Are we bigger than anyone in the Prem realistically?

Reading, swansea, QPR, Wigan for sure. 3 of which are getting relegated!
Carpe Diem

Postby All Black Everything. » Thu May 09, 2013 9:47 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Are we bigger than anyone in the Prem realistically?

Every single team.

We are the greatest team in football the world has ever seen and its CARDIFF CITY!!! CARDIFF CITY FC!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Stuff all the haters and nay sayers. We are the best! Bluebirds!!

BELIEVE :malky:
GrangeEndStar wrote:'Joachim, you will never bileef vot ze jack-unt-ratboy scum haff in zer Uber-Slum? Ze filthy gypo schweinhunds only haff ze house zat looks like ze Fuehrer. Gott In Himmel. Gass zem all at vunce!!"

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
All Black Everything.

Postby Valleybluebird » Thu May 09, 2013 10:25 pm

This is officially the most cringeworthy post I have ever read!!
Even more than people saying berbatov, signing kalou signing etc, Everton are always challenging for Europe and champions league!! Know wonder some jacks laugh at some of our deluded fans!!!!
Lets just stick at trying to be bigger than the average teams for the 1st season at least!
Valleybluebird

Postby Feeling Blue » Thu May 09, 2013 10:46 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:This is officially the most cringeworthy post I have ever read!!
Even more than people saying berbatov, signing kalou signing etc, Everton are always challenging for Europe and champions league!! Know wonder some jacks laugh at some of our deluded fans!!!!
Lets just stick at trying to be bigger than the average teams for the 1st season at least!

Got to agree it will take a few years to even get top 10 yet alone top 6, this thread is a bit over optimistic we are just returning to the top flight after half a century and saying Everton are not bigger than us is a bit of a leap, maybe in 4-5 years time this thread would give a better indication as to whether we have the potential to be bigger than Everton
Feeling Blue

Postby Angry Man » Thu May 09, 2013 10:48 pm

As many know Ive always had close ties with Everton and Im sorry but there's a difference between potential and fact. Also as Everton are on the verge of being taken over then the days of selling their better players maybe behind them.

I with other City fans went to see Everton in Spain for a Champions League match against Villareal and this time last year I bet QPR fans were thinking of how big potentially they could be and look at them now!!!
Angry Man

Postby Mario Polotelli » Thu May 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Angry Man wrote:As many know Ive always had close ties with Everton and Im sorry but there's a difference between potential and fact. Also as Everton are on the verge of being taken over then the days of selling their better players maybe behind them.

I with other City fans went to see Everton in Spain for a Champions League match against Villareal and this time last year I bet QPR fans were thinking of how big potentially they could be and look at them now!!!

Close ties? You supported them as a kid because when you first got inro football they were succesful ffs :lol:

Close ties :lol:
Mario Polotelli

Postby Angry Man » Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:As many know Ive always had close ties with Everton and Im sorry but there's a difference between potential and fact. Also as Everton are on the verge of being taken over then the days of selling their better players maybe behind them.

Close ties? You supported them as a kid because when you first got inro football they were succesful ffs :lol:

shareholder ;)
Angry Man

Postby Mario Polotelli » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

shareholder ;)

Im sure Bill Kenwright will be calling you to discuss the next manager :roll:
Mario Polotelli

Postby Angry Man » Thu May 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

shareholder ;)

Im sure Bill Kenwright will be calling you to discuss the next manager :roll:

No not at all but I'm just explaining what I meant by close ties.
Angry Man

Postby casper1979 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 pm

bigger than everton i dont know who you lot think you are :roll: if ask me your about the same size Norwich city type club and so are we,we see how big you can be
casper1979

Postby Mario Polotelli » Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 pm

casper1979 wrote:bigger than everton i dont know who you lot think you are :roll: if ask me your about the same size Norwich city type club and so are we,we see how big you can be

Coming from a club whos fans were suggesting Pep Guardiola replace Brenda :laughing5:
Mario Polotelli

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat