Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone nervous

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 am

Anyone else have worries about the game sat, thinking about it games that we have expected to win such as charlton went very bad alOng with a close shave vs Barnsley.

Posh love to attack and no doubt will be throwing everything forward at the weakens defence that will be out sat

I fear that we could drop 2 points here with a draw, ideally we need to keep this cushion a few weeks and have a great chance sat but I do have fearful suspicion

Re: Anyone nervous

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 am

I must be up there with some of the most nervous,I remember being five nil up at Oldham and still unable to relax, seen us fall apart to often to get complacent.

But at Blackburn Friday I had an epiphany, we were playing so good that even when they came back to one all, I still had total confidence that we would win.I was reading on here Saturday post about other teams results going our way etc. and I was thinking to myself, f**k the other teams, we are going to do this our way and by playing good football, we will rely n no one from outside.

Craig Bellamy hit the nail on the head for me in his post match interview, when he said he was proud to be part of the most honest hard working bunch of players in his history. I am actually starting to believe, all I have to do now is start to relax and enjoy it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am

These always seem to beat us in the last minute or come back and draw with us. I went up for the 4-4 comeback a couple of seasons ago, and the same happened last season 3-2 they beat us i think?

I think at home we should be comfortable and get the win. Just dont want to make hard work of it like Sheffield.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 am

I have faith in Malky and his team.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 am

@theedgar501 wrote:Anyone else have worries about the game sat, thinking about it games that we have expected to win such as charlton went very bad alOng with a close shave vs Barnsley.

Posh love to attack and no doubt will be throwing everything forward at the weakens defence that will be out sat

I fear that we could drop 2 points here with a draw, ideally we need to keep this cushion a few weeks and have a great chance sat but I do have fearful suspicion

Share the nervous as I am at every game even if we are 4-0 up, that is just how it is. I know our home record is superb, but 7 of the 10 wins have been by 1 goal margins...you'd think at 51 I would man up a bit!

Mind you I wouldn't say that Taylor, Turner, Connelly and Mcnaughton are a weakened defence, with Lappin and Nugent on the bench??

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 am

If we were 5 up still be nervous if there was time left for comeback don't think that will ever change can't wait for up coming games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 am

Yes - everybody who supports Peterboro ( albeit there's not many! ) :lol:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 am

mugsy wrote:Yes - everybody who supports Peterboro ( albeit there's not many! ) :lol:

You would think they'd be sh!tting themselves!

Bellamy
Noone
Whittingham

To name a few, our starting XI must make most opposition fans at this level nervous, funny how they make us nervous at times too!! :lol: :lol:

SHOULD be a walloping!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am

Got to agree with Gwyn on this. Years of cock ups have left me nervous and I have to try to relax and enjoy watching, what is probably the best city team I have seen.

Lets just concentrate on winning the next game. Others will have to worry about catching up, and will take points off each other. Therefore a good run (with few defeats) could see us extend the lead to more than 3 points.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 am

Very nervous. I'm the same with every game. I'm constantly making promises in my head to God knows who, "please let us win and I swear ill put a fiver in the next charity box I see" etc. I hope they do come to play attacking football. Think that would suit us better. Hate it when teams come and park the bus, can get very frustrating when they do that.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:26 am

The teams that have tried attacking us have gone home with a bloody nose. Burnley (4-0), Blackpool (3-0) and Wolves (3-1) fair play to them came to the CCS and had a go. I hope Peterborough do the same.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 am

I can imagine Malky's pre-game team talk: "Go out there are give the fans the best Chtristmas present they could ask for, stick 7, 8 or 9 on 'em!" :lol:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 am

@theedgar501 wrote:Anyone else have worries about the game sat, thinking about it games that we have expected to win such as charlton went very bad alOng with a close shave vs Barnsley.

no....we will pull them apart.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 am

Posh forum thoughts... http://www.londonroad.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=54035

Lovely boys from the valleys. :D