Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Trains/Transport for Palace on Boxing Day?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Are trains running from the valleys to cardiff and back on Boxing Day for palace cos it's a bank holiday?
Or if not any other transport available like buses or whatever?

Re: Trains/Transport for Palace on Boxing Day?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

There won't be any trains sorry mate. Not sure about buses though.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 pm

I checked the other day and no there isnt :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I sometimes have to work on Christmas Day Boxing Day, in fact i am working nights finishing Christmas Day. Why shouldent those that work for Arriva ? Now i cant have a drink Boxing Day :evil: :evil:
Rant over !!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Ah that's shit, how my gonna get to the game and have a drink now! Hopefully sort something out... No trains running could possibly effect the crowd?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Bit suprised the Valleys havent done something similar to the Maesteg Bluebirds, where they arrange bus travel to home games, starting from the Afan Valleys. But I guess with good rail links, there isnt a real need.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Bit suprised the Valleys havent done something similar to the Maesteg Bluebirds, where they arrange bus travel to home games, starting from the Afan Valleys. But I guess with good rail links, there isnt a real need.

Rail links from the valleys to Cardiff are awful, takes an hour on a train from Merthyr to Cardiff!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm

There are 2 buses running from the cynon valley on Boxing day.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:Bit suprised the Valleys havent done something similar to the Maesteg Bluebirds, where they arrange bus travel to home games, starting from the Afan Valleys. But I guess with good rail links, there isnt a real need.

Rail links from the valleys to Cardiff are awful, takes an hour on a train from Merthyr to Cardiff!

Never really had an issue when I was in Glam Uni....guess further up you go, can be quite bad......must have been quite lucky then :lol: