Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair Play To Newcastle.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 pm

An away game in London live on Sky. Away end is packed and not stopped signing.

Re: Fair Play To Newcastle.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:An away game in London live on Sky. Away end is packed and not stopped signing.

I'm up in Chelsea mate ,I was on a train to Fulham Broadway with lots of them and was supprised how many London accents a lot of the Newcastle fans had.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Newcastle - a proper football club with proper fans who united together recently when the threat of part of their identity was going to be taken away. I wish we had some of Newcastle's fans. Also, from the whole footballing experience point of view, is there a better club to support than Newcastle? Proper fans, cracking atmosphere at every game, no glory supporters, the odd relegation to the Championship to keep following the team away from home interesting with visiting different grounds; and the odd good season like last season giving them European football, which must be an amazing experience, travelling abroad with your own, passionate fans instead of the prawn sandwich eaters from all across Britain who fancy a break away in wherever Man Utd happen to be playing. Also, if Newcastle win the Premiership one time, the elation from every Newcastle fan would exceed the elation of a Man Utd fan winning the Premiership 20 times, as you cannot appreciate the highs unless you experience the lows, and Newcastle fans are proper fans who have been through all the lows. I take my hat off to the Newcastle fans tonight for their incredible support.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Newcastle - a proper football club with proper fans who united together recently when the threat of part of their identity was going to be taken away. I wish we had some of Newcastle's fans. Also, from the whole footballing experience point of view, is there a better club to support than Newcastle? Proper fans, cracking atmosphere at every game, no glory supporters, the odd relegation to the Championship to keep following the team away from home interesting with visiting different grounds; and the odd good season like last season giving them European football, which must be an amazing experience, travelling abroad with your own, passionate fans instead of the prawn sandwich eaters from all across Britain who fancy a break away in wherever Man Utd happen to be playing. Also, if Newcastle win the Premiership one time, the elation from every Newcastle fan would exceed the elation of a Man Utd fan winning the Premiership 20 times, as you cannot appreciate the highs unless you experience the lows, and Newcastle fans are proper fans who have been through all the lows. I take my hat off to the Newcastle fans tonight for their incredible support.

I have been to St James' atmosphere is shite, they are good away fans though.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Newcastle - a proper football club with proper fans who united together recently when the threat of part of their identity was going to be taken away. I wish we had some of Newcastle's fans. Also, from the whole footballing experience point of view, is there a better club to support than Newcastle? Proper fans, cracking atmosphere at every game, no glory supporters, the odd relegation to the Championship to keep following the team away from home interesting with visiting different grounds; and the odd good season like last season giving them European football, which must be an amazing experience, travelling abroad with your own, passionate fans instead of the prawn sandwich eaters from all across Britain who fancy a break away in wherever Man Utd happen to be playing. Also, if Newcastle win the Premiership one time, the elation from every Newcastle fan would exceed the elation of a Man Utd fan winning the Premiership 20 times, as you cannot appreciate the highs unless you experience the lows, and Newcastle fans are proper fans who have been through all the lows. I take my hat off to the Newcastle fans tonight for their incredible support.

Steady on!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:

i disagree with you, went up there when Cardiff played a few seasons back even tho they gave us a good drumming 5-1 i think they did not shut the f**k up all game they were rocking

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Our fans are united behind our team roughly about 20000 every home game .
Its only the handful on here and a bus full of ex fans who had a refund who are not

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm

The Newcastle who used to get gates of 15,000 in the old second division before Keegan signed for them

Best fans in the world

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 pm

CityGent wrote:The Newcastle who used to get gates of 15,000 in the old second division before Keegan signed for them

Best fans in the world

They're up there thats for sure.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 am

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Blue_Lloyd wrote:

i disagree with you, went up there when Cardiff played a few seasons back even tho they gave us a good drumming 5-1 i think they did not shut the f**k up all game they were rocking

I went to the same game and was very disappointed with the Newcastle fans and the atmosphere.
And I was one of few fans who stayed until the end :old:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 am

Most of the away support live/work in the London area.

They did not travel as far to the game as you might think.
Their fans are fickle as well, soon turning on players/managers if things are not going right.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 am

glas wrote:Most of the away support live/work in the London area.

Their fans are fickle as well, soon turning on players/managers if things are not going right.

Just to add to that, the away end at Fulham is also a "neutral" zone, where tickets are available to anyone if they don't sell out, strange but true.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm

scotsjack wrote:

Just to add to that, the away end at Fulham is also a "neutral" zone, where tickets are available to anyone if they don't sell out, strange but true.

I was told that, but thought it was a mistake. Strange indeed.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:14 pm

glas wrote:
scotsjack wrote:

I was told that, but thought it was a mistake. Strange indeed.

:lol: I went up there last season, having a pint before the match and I realised there were quite a few Fulham shirts on display? Double checked my ticket to make sure I was in the right end :oops:

Basically, we had sold out our allocation, then to the side there is this neutral area, which was a mixture of Swans fans, Fulham fans and tourists... Strange sight when we scored and pockets of fans are either celebrating, moaning, or in the case of the tourists, looking around bemused by the whole thing. No trouble or anything, but I still found it odd.