Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you support a group looking to reinstate the Blue shirt at CCFC?

You may select 1 option

View results

Return Cardiff to Blue Group Poll

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Would you support a group that actively sought to get the CCFC board to return the club to our more traditional colours and identity?

Re: Return Cardiff to Blue Group Poll

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 pm

In principle, I would be surprised if EVERYONE didnt support it. Providing it was done professionally
and proper facts and figures are presented re: just how many want the Blue back in our lives.

However, no matter what such a group does, Tan will quite rightly point to how many red tops are
flying off the shelves, to the negligible drop in season tickets through the rebrand and through the
fact that our gates ARE holding up pretty well in comparison to other Clubs in the division. A more
constructive and positive Group (in my opinion) would be one that lobbys for the old badge to return.
Ok, he might insist on the motto remaining or something like that. But its the Bluebird that we need
to fight for. THATS our history. If that Bluebird disappears or gets any smaller I for one will say "f**k it"
... and go watch the bowls or the darts

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 pm

That's fine, but for me - I'd rather the colour blue back before the badge.

I agree, I'd be amazed if anyone wants to stay Red, even the most people pro rebrand have said they would prefer it, so we need to get that across.

No bullshit, no selling retro t shirts off the back of it like the last group.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 pm

As long as the clubs vision remains the same and we would still have a club to call Cardiff city!!

I would love to go back to blue and yea I would support it

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Yes, that's important.

Don't want to scare the investors off, just to show how important the colour is within the fabric of the club.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Seeing as some members have hijacked the other thread for their own agenda, please post your opinion on this poll.

Many thanks,

Barry.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:That's fine, but for me - I'd rather the colour blue back before the badge.

I agree, I'd be amazed if anyone wants to stay Red, even the most people pro rebrand have said they would prefer it, so we need to get that across.

I agree in that I'd rather blue back than the badge (ideally both).

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:That's fine, but for me - I'd rather the colour blue back before the badge.

I agree in that I'd rather blue back than the badge (ideally both).

That would be great.

Though I'd be prepared to see what the club "offer" in the way of a new crest next season.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Yes it will be interesting to see what they come up with, never beat our original crest but I can't imagine it being worse than our old "Leeds badge" or the current one.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

I know let's have another poll to see how many people don't care about these pointless polls and what have any of them achieved.
Pleas set it up, but vote for me because I can't be arsed to. :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:24 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I know let's have another poll to see how many people don't care about these pointless polls and what have any of them achieved.

Why do you feel that your opinion about something is far more important than anyone else's? Then proceed to put people down and try to belittle them?

If you don't agree, just vote no.

At least with a petition, nobody can threaten to bury anyone else, like what happened at the KCB meeting.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I know let's have another poll to see how many people don't care about these pointless polls and what have any of them achieved.

Why do you feel that your opinion about something is far more important than anyone else's? Then proceed to put people down and try to belittle them?

At least with a petition, nobody can threaten to bury anyone else, like what happened at the KCB meeting.

I don't----------------------- I'm just giving my opinion, I'm allowed to do that ren't I, your such a supporter of people's right to an opinion. :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

I don't----------------------- I'm just giving my opinion, I'm allowed to do that ren't I, your such a supporter of people's right to an opinion. :lol: :lol:

Except for some reason you seem to think your opinion is more important than anyone elses, in fact i think what seems to get to you is that the opposite is true, you're no more important than any other fan that supports the club. ;)

Get over it.

As i said in the other thread, i think its quite embarrassing that you call yourself a fan of this club the way you just belittle others who have been hurt by this rebrand just because they dont feel the same as you.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

It's fine to maturely discuss your thoughts, but belittling other members for no reasons, other than they disagree with you, is rather pointless, no?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

It's fine to maturely discuss your thoughts, but belittling other members for no reasons, other than they disagree with you, is rather pointless, no?

Old Habits.......

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm

I'd rather have a red away or red limited edition shirt, home should be blue.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Just out of interest what percentage would you expect in favour to take it to the next level ?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Would you support a group that actively sought to get the CCFC board to return the club to our more traditional colours and identity?

i havn,t voted as its your fan base that you need to guage.if i could vote it would a massive yes.good luck

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:40 pm

On the basis that it is set up correctly, by the right people who have a background in PR and organizing such groups I have voted yes.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Gwyn, I agree with you on your stance on the rebrand to a degree but it has to be said, no one forced you to open this thread and it seems you have only come in here to further disrupt the views/actions of others just because they do not represent your own. That is wholesomely unfair.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 pm

taffyapple wrote:In principle, I would be surprised if EVERYONE didnt support it. Providing it was done professionally
and proper facts and figures are presented re: just how many want the Blue back in our lives.

However, no matter what such a group does, Tan will quite rightly point to how many red tops are
flying off the shelves, to the negligible drop in season tickets through the rebrand and through the
fact that our gates ARE holding up pretty well in comparison to other Clubs in the division. A more
constructive and positive Group (in my opinion) would be one that lobbys for the old badge to return.
Ok, he might insist on the motto remaining or something like that. But its the Bluebird that we need
to fight for. THATS our history. If that Bluebird disappears or gets any smaller I for one will say "f**k it"

Very sensible TA. A considered, well thought out long term strategy to persuade Mr Tan rather then threaten to change back to Blue is in order. Simple things such as Bluebirds when we score and getting enough to chant, 23, 24, 25 thousand chanting Bluebirds? Put's the hairs up just thinking and remembering the good old days and the piss poor ones of which we've had more than our fair share. I'm not going to turn this Chuckles way or "vote" on the subject, the new "kit" is growing on me, I'm not into buying football shirts, the ones I have are the "special occassion" ones, play off, FA Cup Final, League Cup Final and perhaps one or two others, I have an Umbro shirt somewhere given to me by late great uncle, still in the box like thing, plain blue with white collar and cuffs. I'm sure loads of older chaps have had one in the distance past. No badge as Everton and probably loads more teams wore exactly the same shirt.

As for the badge, I hadn't even noticed that until Sam tried to, did, maybe didn't who knows change it. The one on the black FA cup final shirt, yeh I'll take that.

I've been a Cardiff City supporter all my life apart from a brief flirtation around 1970 with Liverpool and of course my old problems pretending to be a Jack which still haunts me to this day.

Times change, at the end of the day if Cardiff City take the rightful place at the top table then I'll be well pleased. Next time I go back to Brecon as well as putting flowers on my Grandparents grave, I'll put an old shirt on the graves of a few friends who never got see us at Wembly. I'm sure there's a few here who could say the same. WE ARE CARDIFF CITY, not Tan or some joker in the music business or the drama queens on CCMB telling you or me what to do! It's not a lefty freak country yet (sorry BB) so do we support OUR team or leave to the shite?

The BLUES are going up.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
taffyapple wrote:In principle, I would be surprised if EVERYONE didnt support it. Providing it was done professionally

Very sensible TA. A considered, well thought out long term strategy to persuade Mr Tan rather then threaten to change back to Blue is in order. Simple things such as Bluebirds when we score and getting enough to chant, 23, 24, 25 thousand chanting Bluebirds? Put's the hairs up just thinking and remembering the good old days and the piss poor ones of which we've had more than our fair share. I'm not going to turn this Chuckles way or "vote" on the subject, the new "kit" is growing on me, I'm not into buying football shirts, the ones I have are the "special occassion" ones, play off, FA Cup Final, League Cup Final and perhaps one or two others, I have an Umbro shirt somewhere given to me by late great uncle, still in the box like thing, plain blue with white collar and cuffs. I'm sure loads of older chaps have had one in the distance past. No badge as Everton and probably loads more teams wore exactly the same shirt.

As for the badge, I hadn't even noticed that until Sam tried to, did, maybe didn't who knows change it. The one on the black FA cup final shirt, yeh I'll take that.

I've been a Cardiff City supporter all my life apart from a brief flirtation around 1970 with Liverpool and of course my old problems pretending to be a Jack which still haunts me to this day.

Times change, at the end of the day if Cardiff City take the rightful place at the top table then I'll be well pleased. Next time I go back to Brecon as well as putting flowers on my Grandparents grave, I'll put an old shirt on the graves of a few friends who never got see us at Wembly. I'm sure there's a few here who could say the same. WE ARE CARDIFF CITY, not Tan or some joker in the music business or the drama queens on CCMB telling you or me what to do! It's not a lefty freak country yet (sorry BB) so do we support OUR team or leave to the shite?

The BLUES are going up.

:? Is that a yes, or a no? :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Hmmm this is surprising seeing that all the most prominent pro re brander has said we all want to play in Blue. No one wants to see us in red. But this pole suggests that is utter bullshit and are revelling in the red and want the red. :roll: :roll:
Well as far as i can see you can shove the red shirts up your Arses ............Manure wannabes

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Hmmm this is surprising seeing that all the most prominent pro re brander has said we all want to play in Blue. No one wants to see us in red. But this pole suggests that is utter bullshit and are revelling in the red and want the red. :roll: :roll:
Well as far as i can see you can shove the red shirts up your Arses ............Manure wannabes

nuclear why dont you print out a petition an at the next home game get
people who are against it to sign,like i said in the other thread people
moan but wont get off there arse only complain on forums.
i dont like the red kit but see no other option for the foreseeable future.
an if the board are backing the manager they are meeting the promises

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Cheers Nukes.

I've drafted a petition, if anyone wants to see?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Why the f*cking hell have some people said no to this?! :evil:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Link to petition?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 pm

It's not live, I can email or PM the "letter" so far? If you'd like?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Whilst this season is progressing so well there will be little in interest in changing back to blue. I continue to follow and support the team but just have no passion for the club anymore. I just feel numb watching them in red with that mess of a badge. The worst part of the rebrand is not the changes but the divisive effect on the fan base. Hearing people gloat and revel at fans genuinely hurt by the changes is the worst part of this chapter in the clubs history.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:43 pm

We are idiots. We are supposed to have the most passionate fans around and we've done bigger all about this stupid rebrand :evil: it should be a crime, what tan has done, it's just not right. Even other teams, even the JACKS are laughing at us and so surprised at us just taking it on the chin that they are starting to stand up for us and f*cking trying to getting involved to change us back. We need to make a stand now. We are Cardiff City. We are the Bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: