Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE !!!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 pm

I have banged on probably more than most for the need of more players if we are to achieve automatic promotion this season.

I still feel we need at least one more striker, but probably two, and certainly another one defender if Simon Lappin extends his loan otherwise two will be required.

But as we quickly approach the halfway point of the season, I feel it is only right that Malky Mackay is given the respect for he job he has done so far.

Despite losing his number one striker Nicky Maynard we are the biggest goal scorers in the division with 42 goals scored. We have conceded the fewest amount of goals at home, just 5 goals in 10 games.

We have suffered injuries all over the pitch and still we are top of the league.

Another thing that Malky's side don't do and that is go on a bad run of defeats. When we lose he manages to turn it around quickly, that is down to the honesty and hard work of the group, something that Craig Bellamy commented on in his post match interview against Blackburn.

When we have been defeated this season, unbelievably there have been calls for Malky to be replaced, I do wonder what these fans know about the game when they make ridiculous comments like that.

We have a manager who will get his players to scrap and fight for the points when necessary and is bringing in players who can also play flowing football.

The belief of being promoted is getting stronger with every game we play and I honestly believe that Malky Mackay will get us promoted this season, if he brings in the extra players we still need then I believe we will get automatic promotion and hopefully win the Championship.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE !!!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have banged on probably more than most for the need of more players if we are to achieve automatic promotion this season.

I still feel we need at least one more striker, but probably two, and certainly another one defender if Simon Lappin extends his loan otherwise two will be required.

But as we quickly approach the halfway point of the season, I feel it is only right that Malky Mackay is given the respect for he job he has done so far.

Despite losing his number one striker Nicky Maynard we are the biggest goal scorers in the division with 42 goals scored. We have conceded the fewest amount of goals at home, just 5 goals in 10 games.

We have suffered injuries all over the pitch and still we are top of the league.

Another thing that Malky's side don't do and that is go on a bad run of defeats. When we lose he manages to turn it around quickly, that is down to the honesty and hard work of the group, something that Craig Bellamy commented on in his post match interview against Blackburn.

When we have been defeated this season, unbelievably there have been calls for Malky to be replaced, I do wonder what these fans know about the game when they make ridiculous comments like that.

We have a manager who will get his players to scrap and fight for the points when necessary and is bringing in players who can also play flowing football.

The belief of being promoted is getting stronger with every game we play and I honestly believe that Malky Mackay will get us promoted this season, if he brings in the extra players we still need then I believe we will get automatic promotion and hopefully win the Championship.

agree with you malky has moulded a top HARD WORKING squad :ayatollah: PREM HERE WE COME

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Nice one, Carl. Have you been threatened by Malky or what?!!

:lol:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Nice one, Carl. Have you been threatened by Malky or what?!!

No but he has told me the players he wants in January :lol:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:

would they make a big difference to the squad?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Well said we have done amazingly considering the set backs. With Smith due back soon the future is bright, the future is MALKY

A bit cheesy I know :lol:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Carl agree with you 100% another quality striker is a must as Heider needs rest from two games a week. Friday night he worked his socks off as did everyone else. We have a hard working bunch of players who close down and tackle to stop shots at goal. If they fail Marshall has done the business.

This team under Malky deserves to be top of the league and also deserve to have the ground full every home game to show how much we as City fans appreciate the efforts they are putting in week in and week out to get us promoted.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Dream on Carl, why would he tell you :D

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Kenwyne Jones. ;)

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Dream on Carl, why would he tell you :D

Carl's his bitch.

:D

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have banged on probably more than most for the need of more players if we are to achieve automatic promotion this season.

I went to a charity function at CCFC last Wednesday where Malky did a question and answer session for over an hour. He was asked about his possible transfer deals in January. His answer was quite revealing.
He stated that in defence he was just looking for looking for cover at left-back for Andrew Taylor, implying possibly a loan signing. But he also stated he was interested in signing one or two players of a significantly higher standard than what he's got in the squad at the moment because they need to be able to go straight into the team! Finance and the willingness of the clubs to sell these players would determine whether he swould be successful. It sounded from what he said that they would be permanent and not loan signings. Interesting few weeks I reckon!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Spot on about Malky, he's done the business!!

However, its time Vincent Tan got a bit of praise, cos without his
money we wouldnt be able to buy a box of matches.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm

taffyapple wrote:Spot on about Malky, he's done the business!!

However, its time Vincent Tan got a bit of praise, cos without his
money we wouldnt be able to buy a box of matches.

totally agree without his money an backing malky in the
transfer market we would be nowhere

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

No they will just make our squad s**t mate.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:03 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Like Emile Sinclair. ;) :lol:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

no need to be a c**t about it, would they be back up or would they jump straight into the squad is what i meant!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

no need to be a c**t about it, would they be back up or would they jump straight into the squad is what i meant!

Do you even lift?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Jollffe wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I'd sh*t a brick if he came here :lol:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Put you on the spot Carl who would you like to see arrive here out of who might be available.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Jollffe wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I'd sh*t a brick if he came here :lol:

So would I, but at the fact it's a hefty waste of money. :lol:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 pm

People seem to forget we have been fortunate since the year 2000.

Imagine being mid table for the last decade in a new ground how shit would life be!!!

This is what fucks me off about the negative doubters!!

Cardiff is for life not just for Xmas :lol:

Enjoy it while it lasts that's all I say!!

I feel each team will get there time and this happens to be our time

Enjoy :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Carl,

The next month will be the defining time for Malky. He needs to keep us at the top up to January then get his players in and show that he can improve us by keeping us in the top 2.

So far Malky has been given the support to show he can take us forward and he has proved that. The fact we are top of the league with all the injuries we have had is proof enough. Now he needs to take us that step further. That means bringing in new signings and get them playing as if they have been with us from the start. If these newcomers make us play better then that is a bonus.

It is comforting to know that Malky is forward planning by targetting new players. Lets pray he gets them. If our prayers are answered then lets see if we are still top or at least still in an auto place come the end of the transfer window playing with a freshness. If all this happens then yes we can say we are fortunate.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:11 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Carl,

The next month will be the defining time for Malky. He needs to keep us at the top up to January then get his players in and show that he can improve us by keeping us in the top 2.

So far Malky has been given the support to show he can take us forward and he has proved that. The fact we are top of the league with all the injuries we have had is proof enough. Now he needs to take us that step further. That means bringing in new signings and get them playing as if they have been with us from the start. If these newcomers make us play better then that is a bonus.

It is comforting to know that Malky is forward planning by targetting new players. Lets pray he gets them. If our prayers are answered then lets see if we are still top or at least still in an auto place come the end of the transfer window playing with a freshness. If all this happens then yes we can say we are fortunate.

Is Malky paying for these players?

Or would you agree Vincent Tan is doing a very good job supporting him?

Because its not Malky that will "take us that next step further" is it?...Yet again it will be Tans money.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:23 am

taffyapple wrote:

Because its not Malky that will "take us that next step further" is it?...Yet again it will be Tans money.

Would be nice for Tan to spend his money on some other important things to but we do have a good chance this year half the season to go yet.Will be interesting to see what happens.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

brickyblue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Would be nice for Tan to spend his money on some other important things to but we do have a good chance this year half the season to go yet.Will be interesting to see what happens.

I know what you mean. But right now, for the future of the Club... Promotion has to be
number 1. Everything else, debt to equity, Sams money... its speculation. We dont know
what Tan knows or what he doesnt know, or what his intentions are. What we DO know
is he is backing the CLUB to get to the Premiership, not the sign of a man about to jump
ship or shit all over us. In fact, the very idea is ludicrous.

Its like somebody finding a fucked up, rotting, rusting vintage Rolls Royce... spending thousands
on it, getting it back in pristeen condition....

Then driving it off a cliff :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 am

Taffyapple could not have put it better myself :ayatollah: VT and his fellow Malaysians are certainly backing us to the limit.
The debt some of us harp on about , means nothing because we owe it to VT, not some third party shady organisation. Its his money CCFC is his toy. At the moment yes I would say we are very fortunate, to have a good group of players , a good manager and back room staff, but more importantly a backer who his willing to put millions into something that he does not even own YET.
Imagine what he would invest when he owns the club 100% . The future is bright so enjoy it and enjoy the ride stop looking for negatives, we are fans after all and top of the league :D , if we cant all enjoy this, then what's the point of being a football fan ?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am

nojac wrote:Taffyapple could not have put it better myself :ayatollah: VT and his fellow Malaysians are certainly backing us to the limit.
The debt some of us harp on about , means nothing because we owe it to VT, not some third party shady organisation. Its his money CCFC is his toy. At the moment yes I would say we are very fortunate, to have a good group of players , a good manager and back room staff, but more importantly a backer who his willing to put millions into something that he does not even own YET.
Imagine what he would invest when he owns the club 100% . The future is bright so enjoy it and enjoy the ride stop looking for negatives, we are fans after all and top of the league :D , if we cant all enjoy this, then what's the point of being a football fan ?

Very valid point.

If ONE business minded person can come up with a reasonable scenario as to how Vincent Tan
is going to "f**k us over" for the money. Then I'd sit up and listen

Its HIS money he's spending, and he hasnt got a chance in hell of recouping that money through
the courts if he leaves. Cos we dont have it. If I know that, and you know that... then im pretty
sure the billionaire businessman has cottoned on :lol: :lol:

I think the negativity all stems from groups wanting Sam to get his money. I had a long chat with
Annis at Derby, and will no longer be negative about Sam. He IS/WAS and always will be a City fan.

But people need to separate Sam from Tan. Why take sides? Its a business deal they are trying to
settle. Sam will get what he's due... Now whether thats more or less than he's expecting or
needs?... it'll be decided by negotiation. Because nobody wants to go to court. So we should all
butt out and concentrate on what affects us... The football on the pitch.

Is the Langstone issue holding Cardiff City back???

Look at the top of the table. Look at the strength of the squad. Look at the manager and his
backroom staff.

I'd say no ;)

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

20,000 + Cardiff fans should only be interested what goes on, on the pitch. We all know without VT we are up the creek without a paddle. He must see something here to make him money, he is not naive. so if it makes him money than that in turn will make CCFC successful you cant have one without the other.
Do you think if Chelsea or Man City parted company with their owners they would be top 4, are their fans worried about the money, no they are enjoying the ride.
Same as the majority of football teams, no one worries about the money.

So yes we are fortunate (at the moment) so enjoy.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 pm

taffyapple wrote:

TA, what is your obsession with licking VTs arse?

VT has a vision, a vision that excludes the feelings of the fans. Therefore he can pay for it and NOT expect us fans to praise him. What he has done will never win the fans over even if we go onto win the Champions League. Yes MM and the players will be entrenched in the Cardiff City fans mind forever if promotion is accomplished but as far as the Malaysian effect I can't see their national flag being waved by us come promotion day.

TA I warned you about S1, it looks like you did not take my advice.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

TA, what is your obsession with licking VTs arse?

VT has a vision, a vision that excludes the feelings of the fans. Therefore he can pay for it and NOT expect us fans to praise him. What he has done will never win the fans over even if we go onto win the Champions League. Yes MM and the players will be entrenched in the Cardiff City fans mind forever if promotion is accomplished but as far as the Malaysian effect I can't see their national flag being waved by us come promotion day.

TA I warned you about S1, it looks like you did not take my advice.

I'd respect anyone for making a stand against Vincent Tan over the rebrand, but not
when they were doing the same old shite last season too. Smacks of agendas to me

And thats exactly what your doing. You were the same last season. So please don't
patronise me saying how the rebrand has 'broken your heart'.... Because it only makes
me wonder what it was last season that had you so Anti-Tan.