Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City star Craig Bellamy divorced by wife for 'unreasonable

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 am

I was told on Friday night, by one of Craig's close friends, that she wants nearly three quarters of everything Craig has. No wonder his mind has not been on playing football.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2EY5KV542

Cardiff City star Craig Bellamy divorced by wife for 'unreasonable behaviour'

Dec 8 2012

Cardiff City star Craig Bellamy
STAR striker Craig Bellamy has been divorced by his wife on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour”.

Papers filed by 32-year-old Claire Bellamy, for the 90-second hearing at the Family Division of the High Court in London on Thursday, said the footballer’s behaviour had left her “feeling saddened and depressed”.

The response to the divorce petition noted the Wales and Cardiff City player did not accept the allegation but that he would not defend the petition. He did not object to covering the costs of divorce proceedings.

The childhood sweethearts had been together since their school days but finally married in 2006 at St Bride’s Church in St Brides-super-Ely, near Cardiff.

At the glamorous reception held at their £2m mansion guests included Robbie Savage and Mark Hughes, as well as ageing rocker Rod Stewart whom Bellamy befriended at his stint at Celtic Football Club.

But in September this year it was reported the ex-Manchester City and Liverpool striker Craig, 33, had moved out of the couple’s family home in Peterston-super-Ely near Cardiff.

At the time he blamed the split on his distress at the death of friend and Wales manager Gary Speed and said he was going through “the worst time in his life”. Speed was found hanged in the garage of his house in Cheshire last year.

The petition for divorce was brought by Claire, 32, in June, and the decree nisi was approved last week, with the District Judge’s certificate stating she had proved the contents of that petition. It states: “The marriage having irretrievably broken down, the facts found proved being the Respondent’s unreasonable behaviour.”

Neither party attended the short hearing.

In an exclusive interview with Wales on Sunday last week, Claire – who has three children with the player – revealed that she is moving on with her life thanks to the support of family and friends and the creation of her new business venture, beauty salon Belle Toujours.

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2EY5KV542

Re: City star Craig Bellamy divorced by wife for 'unreasonab

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 am

I'd heard rumours that Bellers was not entirely faithful during his marriage and as such his Mrs can't be blamed for divorcing him. However she would not be in the privileged position (huge house and own hairdressing business) without Craig and too ask for 3/4s of his assetts is a joke. I bet she has never worked until she borought that salon (with CBs cash) The most anyone should get from a partner is half.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 am

ouch...three quarters of his wealth. she will get it aswell. :roll:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

Lets just focus on the football and keep his personal life off the forum.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 am

spot on gonzo nothing to do with anyone except them

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am

All very sad especially when children are involved. Lets hope he has good mates around him to keep his head sensible at a difficult time.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:06 pm

that's his private business.....no need to put it on a public forum

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Gonzo wrote:Lets just focus on the football and keep his personal life off the forum.

^^This^^

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 pm

dennis skinner wrote:that's his private business.....no need to put it on a public forum

It's already in the public domain. What's wrong with reproducing it here?

It gives an insight as to why Craig has not been at his best since his return. His situation is a difficult for anyone to deal with let alone someone with such a high profile.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:38 pm

goats wrote:ouch...three quarters of his wealth. she will get it aswell. :roll:

No she will not, the maximum she would get is 50% also she would get maintenance for the kids :thumbup:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Gonzo wrote:Lets just focus on the football and keep his personal life off the forum.

The link is from the Echo! :roll:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 pm

dennis skinner wrote:that's his private business.....no need to put it on a public forum

Obviously didn't notice the link to the echo either? are you going to ring them and ask them not to print it?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 pm

So why is it on media Wales and all the National papers, in fact I am sticking up for Bellamy regarding why he has not played so well. You saw the headline, so why look??

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2EY5KV542

All I have done on here is copy whats in the public domain yes or no?

What did you try to tell people on here to do. Hmm

Re: Hit & Run Van Driver
by dennis skinner » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 am

i expect the no fixed address was given out to protect his family from revenge attacks.....a quick google of his name tells you where he lives and who he lives with

dennis skinner

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:

It's already in the public domain. What's wrong with reproducing it here?

It gives an insight as to why Craig has not been at his best since his return. His situation is a difficult for anyone to deal with let alone someone with such a high profile.

Spot on.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 pm

glyncoedblue wrote:spot on gonzo nothing to do with anyone except them

How is he spot on, when it has affected his football? He is a public figure? Its in all the tabloids? Please explain?
All I have done on here is copy whats in the public domain yes or no?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Legally she cannot ever get more than 50% end of

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Correct :thumbup:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:31 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Legally she cannot ever get more than 50% end of

Danny, correct on paper, but who has the children gets the most yes or no?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 pm

I have also learned that it will be bellars who moves in to the marital home. His wife will be moving out

This is good news as I feel Bellamy will be more grounded.

Look guys you can't say that Bellamy don't put on a good performance when he plays for us. His attitude is right I wish he could feature more often

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:11 pm

I believe that this information whether public or not should be kept off messageboards.

Let Craig, get on with his life in private instead of getting wound up by the rubbish that's written.

It may well be out there as public knowledge but it doesn't mean its right. Let's be fair, allegedly, the Eggo has not got a good track record of getting their footballing news stories correct.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Lots of ways to win this for Bellers.

Doubt his mrs has enough salon income to pay for a long court squabble.

Just draw it out. She'd soon settle for less when the cash dwindles.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:31 pm

50/50 it should be.

Most of the time the wife only gets more when its unlikely that the father will continue to provide for the children in question thus the mother needs the extra to offset the cost of looking after the children. As Bellamy is completely family orientated this is not going to be the case. He will always be there for his kids no matter what. I have met him a few times and he is a very good father.

The only way she'll get more is if she knows something we don't to completely do him over on.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm

What mr bellamy now has to remember at this difficult time for him is! He has his health, and he has the health of his children. It might seem hard for him now, but he just has to concentrate on the positive things in his life...of which he certainly has many. A lot more than most of us. Seeing his reaction when he scored that goal the otherday was the moment of the season so far for me.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:56 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:50/50 it should be.

Most of the time the wife only gets more when its unlikely that the father will continue to provide for the children in question thus the mother needs the extra to offset the cost of looking after the children. As Bellamy is completely family orientated this is not going to be the case. He will always be there for his kids no matter what. I have met him a few times and he is a very good father.

The only way she'll get more is if she knows something we don't to completely do him over on.

50/50 is a start line but you are right iti unlikely the woman gets more, most time it is less.

A nasty business is divorce, brings out the worst of people and if their is a trade I hate with a passion it is the family lawyer. The most dispicable people I have ever met. I sacked mine when I went through the divorce and took advice from a mate who is a right c**t. Only listened to him becuase he is actually a CPS solicitor,lives around the corner and is a Cardiff City fan. :ayatollah: Worked for me but I have promised myself never to go through it again.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

No Annis complete old wives tale mate

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:19 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well I hope it never happens to me Danny, as I have heard from many blokes who say the ex Wife has stripped them.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:33 pm

In my oppinion she should kee the house with the kids,
as for 3 quarters of his wealth!

one greedy ***** thats a joke all his career earnings he should keep half,
even taking half is wrong, shes got more than enuff to li5ve on

wat is she gona do with 5 million

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well I hope it never happens to me Danny, as I have heard from many blokes who say the ex Wife has stripped them.

If married for 6 years or more 50/50. What happens to some blokes is that if there are kids the wife will remain in house until they reach 18 years old or school leaving age with the guys share or house being held on trust til it is sold. Also the mans pension is often offset against the house mate.

I specialized in divorce when I was qualifying

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:39 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If married for 6 years or more 50/50. What happens to some blokes is that if there are kids the wife will remain in house until they reach 18 years old or school leaving age with the guys share or house being held on trust til it is sold. Also the mans pension is often offset against the house mate.

I specialized in divorce when I was qualifying

Cheers Danny. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

When you coming away with us next ?