Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Things will only get harder from here.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 am

At home, things are only going to get harder. Teams, especially bottom-end ones like Peterborough, will coe ehre and play for a draw, and hope to catch us on the break. I have no doubt that it is only going to get harder. The higher teams confidence may even be a killer for them, we saw Blackburn trying to attack with numbers against us and time and time again hit them with well worked counter-attacks. All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if it's a lower end team that finally holds us to a draw. I think we'll beat Peterborough with the support of the fans in a near packed house, but after that things will keep getting harder!

Re: Things will only get harder from here.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:37 am

BluebirdJoe wrote:At home, things are only going to get harder. Teams, especially bottom-end ones like Peterborough, will coe ehre and play for a draw, and hope to catch us on the break. I have no doubt that it is only going to get harder. The higher teams confidence may even be a killer for them, we saw Blackburn trying to attack with numbers against us and time and time again hit them with well worked counter-attacks. All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if it's a lower end team that finally holds us to a draw. I think we'll beat Peterborough with the support of the fans in a near packed house, but after that things will keep getting harder!

Its those sort of tactics that will see us eventually get beat at home. We will batter
the opposition goal with no reward and get hit on the break. Shit happens. But its
how we bounce back. This is the main difference with Mackay in charge. After our
two defeats to Bolton and the embarrassing Charlton result.... Five wins and a draw.
With three of those being Away games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I truly think we ARE the best in the division. There are teams with arguably 'better'
squads. But nobody has the grit, determination and team spirit to match our lads.
...thats why we're top, and thats why I think we'll stay there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:05 am

taffyapple wrote:
BluebirdJoe wrote:At home, things are only going to get harder. Teams, especially bottom-end ones like Peterborough, will coe ehre and play for a draw, and hope to catch us on the break. I have no doubt that it is only going to get harder. The higher teams confidence may even be a killer for them, we saw Blackburn trying to attack with numbers against us and time and time again hit them with well worked counter-attacks. All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if it's a lower end team that finally holds us to a draw. I think we'll beat Peterborough with the support of the fans in a near packed house, but after that things will keep getting harder!

Its those sort of tactics that will see us eventually get beat at home. We will batter
the opposition goal with no reward and get hit on the break. Shit happens. But its
how we bounce back. This is the main difference with Mackay in charge. After our
two defeats to Bolton and the embarrassing Charlton result.... Five wins and a draw.
With three of those being Away games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I truly think we ARE the best in the division. There are teams with arguably 'better'
squads. But nobody has the grit, determination and team spirit to match our lads.
...thats why we're top, and thats why I think we'll stay there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Taffy, it's going to happen eventually but it's up to us as fans to keep behind the team and up to the team to bounce back. I agree that we are the best in the division and will stay that way as long as we strenghten come January. It's in our hands :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 am

Think Leicester and Palace will be massive, maybe even season defining. Especially if we're still 100% is still intact pre-Leicester. I'd take two draws now just to stop them gaining.

But maybe that's my 'typical Cardiff' mentality stopping anything running away with me.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:24 am

As fans we need to be patient. We've won a few in the last few minutes and in fairness the support has not got on players backs.

If we haven't scored after 89 minutes v Peterborough we need to still continue to get behind the lads as I'm confident we can still score in the last minute.

Our support can really help.

We won't get a better chance of going up than this season.