Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones is on the brink of a bitter legal battle v CARDIF

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm

JUST A LITTLE RESPECT ... Dave Jones is locked in a legal battle with former club Cardiff
By CARL LONG

FORMER Cardiff boss Dave Jones is on the brink of a bitter legal battle with his old club.

And it could end in a courtroom war over payments worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Jones, 56, who left the Welsh club in May last year, has accused City’s Malaysian owners of showing him “disrespect”.
He said: “I’ve got a problem with Cardiff City and they need to sort it out.
“The problem is with the owners. I think they should be a little bit more respectful than they have been. It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.”
Jones — in charge at Cardiff for six years — would not enlarge on his remarks except to say: “I’ll review the matter and take action at the appropriate time.”
A club source said: “We are in discussion with Dave over the terms of his departure.”
Sheffield Wednesday boss Jones spent six years at City, taking them to their highest league finish for 39 years and reaching the play-offs twice.
He faces more immediate problems today when Wednesday try to end a run of six defeats.
They are at home to fellow strugglers Bristol City, who sit above them in the Championship’s bottom three on goal difference.
Jones, who guided Wednesday to promotion last spring, said: “Confidence has been shot.
“Our players need a little bit of luck, a little break — but they have to earn it.”

Re: Dave Jones is on the brink of a bitter legal battle v CA

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:39 pm

we should sue dave jones for fraud.
he was never a manager

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:JUST A LITTLE RESPECT ... Dave Jones is locked in a legal battle with former club Cardiff
By CARL LONG

FORMER Cardiff boss Dave Jones is on the brink of a bitter legal battle with his old club.

And it could end in a courtroom war over payments worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Jones, 56, who left the Welsh club in May last year, has accused City’s Malaysian owners of showing him “disrespect”.
“The problem is with the owners. I think they should be a little bit more respectful than they have been. It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.”
Jones — in charge at Cardiff for six years — would not enlarge on his remarks except to say: “I’ll review the matter and take action at the appropriate time.”
A club source said: “We are in discussion with Dave over the terms of his departure.”
Sheffield Wednesday boss Jones spent six years at City, taking them to their highest league finish for 39 years and reaching the play-offs twice.
He faces more immediate problems today when Wednesday try to end a run of six defeats.
They are at home to fellow strugglers Bristol City, who sit above them in the Championship’s bottom three on goal difference.
Jones, who guided Wednesday to promotion last spring, said: “Confidence has been shot.
“Our players need a little bit of luck, a little break — but they have to earn it.”

regardless of wether you like or dislike dave jones or anyone for that matter,,a contract is a contract and should be honoured :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm

If he's owed money by the club then that's fair enough. They should pay him what they owe him.
However, it really pissed me off his post-match interview on CCP. He is so bitter towards the club. His 'I won't lose any sleep if they do or don't go up' statement was really disrespectful towards the club, the fans and his former players. Why he can't just say 'Yes I've got a problem with the club in regards to my contract, but besides that I wish them all the best'.

Ah well, if he carries on the way he is going, he'll be suing Sheff Wed after they sack him as well.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:JUST A LITTLE RESPECT ... Dave Jones is locked in a legal battle with former club Cardiff
By CARL LONG

He was'nt complaining or bitter towards the club when he had that ridiculous rolling contract, given to him by his pal the riddler, £700,000 pound for a year out of the game, shared between sat on his arse and getting his golf handicap down to single figures.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:36 pm

krabb wrote:
By CARL LONG

regardless of wether you like or dislike dave jones or anyone for that matter,,a contract is a contract and should be honoured :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fully agree. There have been many threads on here asking for advice from fellow members of unpaid wages so many on here must know how pissed off he can be.

Just wondering the top of my head could this courtroom battle stop the club getting promoted ?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:42 pm

DJ should donate any payments he believes are outstanding to the fans as compensation for the pain and suffering he caused for repeating failure over his time as manager.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:56 pm

krabb wrote:
By CARL LONG

I would usually agree but it depends on the situation.

If he is claiming he should be paid by cardiff while SW manager then I don't think that's right.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
krabb wrote:
By CARL LONG

I would usually agree but it depends on the situation.

If he is claiming he should be paid by cardiff while SW manager then I don't think that's right.

It goes on whatever was originally agreed by both parties at the time. I would very much doubt that DJ would start to go public with this if he isn't confident of winning.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Steve borley said jones was paid till he got wednesday job.then wednesday should have had permission to talk to jones because he was still on payroll but they didnt.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:17 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Steve borley said jones was paid till he got wednesday job.then wednesday should have had permission to talk to jones because he was still on payroll but they didnt.

Unfortunately I dont have much trust in our owners on matters like this.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Dave Jones i assume did not open his mouth and question whether
the 12 month rolling contract was ethical or legal. I doubt very much
that he said to Ridsdale

"Hang on Peter, this salary is absolutely enormous for this division
and the rolling contract isnt really fair on the Club, its not cricket"

Tan didnt write up the contract. So he has every f*cking right to
question anything where Cardiff City are being taken up the arse.

If a courts says pay him, then we pay him.

Jones will accept less than the original amount though, and every penny less
is good for Cardiff City.

Well done VT

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 pm

It goes on whatever was originally agreed by both parties at the time. I would very much doubt that DJ would start to go public with this if he isn't confident of winning.

Maybe the club wouldn't let it go this far if they weren't confident either :o
Seems strange to me that SW didnt even ask permission to speak with him.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 pm

By CARL LONG

if he was payed up to when he took the sheff wednesday job then f**k him :lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

We're all supposed to be Cardiff City fans and should be supporting the Club
on this. But as its them Malaysians, somehow its "Ah Jones should get what
he's owed, Tan is dishonest" etc etc etc

f**k Jones, f**k Ridsdale and f**k anybody who tried to have Cardiff City over
before Tan arrived. If he can find a way to stop the Club Haemoragging money
then we should be patting him on the back.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

Problem is Tan thinks he can get his way all the time. Even the top QC has told him but he wont take stock.

I just wonder if DJ had an agreement going with the "owners" if he got another managers job he would get some compensation instead of seeing his contract through. I mean by taking another job he was doing the club a favour. He got thejob as we know but the Malaysians have not kept their side of the deal. I mean it is not like they don't have history is it?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Nothing new in that article

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm

By CARL LONG

Dave " the world owes me " jones would not know respect if it bit him on the arse.
Horrible man

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm

taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

I think it's disrespectful to a former manager that brought us the most success in our recent history. if we do owe him the money then he should be given it. he signed that contract in good faith with Risdale and if you or I did the same with our employers and weren't paid off what we were owed we'd be right on them.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

I think it's disrespectful to a former manager that brought us the most success in our recent history. if we do owe him the money then he should be given it. he signed that contract in good faith with Risdale and if you or I did the same with our employers and weren't paid off what we were owed we'd be right on them.

Agreed, we'd be right on it. And if he's legally entitled to it, then it'll
be tough shit on Cardiff City, we'll have to pay him

Ridsdale wrote the contract up with Jones. If Jones' greed got in the way of his
crossing the 't's and dotting the 'i's then tough shit. If he and Ridsdale didn't get
the contract watertight, then f**k him. Cos he was f*cking us when he signed up
for his extortionate wage and rip off 'gardening leave' clause.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

IF we owe him then we should pay him because he was a great manager for us.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

IF we owe him then we should pay him because he was a great manager for us.

I'll be disappointed if it turns out we owe him and willfully tried to avoid paying it.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly mate.

Problem is Tan thinks he can get his way all the time. Even the top QC has told him but he wont take stock.

I just wonder if DJ had an agreement going with the "owners" if he got another managers job he would get some compensation instead of seeing his contract through. I mean by taking another job he was doing the club a favour. He got thejob as we know but the Malaysians have not kept their side of the deal. I mean it is not like they don't have history is it?

I love the way all the hyperthetical stories are against the club and Tan even though he didnt even give Jones the contract.
If we were paying him I don't see why we don't have the right to ask for compensation.

Ill just let the courts decide.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Luke, Jones has said the issue is against the owners.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Luke, Jones has said the issue is against the owners.

Yeah only because he knows they are the only ones who can afford to pay him money he wants as the club itself hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Luke, Jones has said the issue is against the owners.

Yeah only because he knows they are the only ones who can afford to pay him money he wants as the club itself hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Then he is wasting his time as they are not responsible.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm

f**k Dave Moans :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Crazy game at Hillsborough but will it be enough for DJ.

Grrrrr Leicester !

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Yes Blackpool :D

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 pm

VT is a shrewd business man. I reckon he's got DJ over a barrell because if Sheff Wed didn't seek permission to speak to him whilst he was still contracted to us then maybe terms of his contract have been broken so he's not entitled to anything. Or if he is Sheff Wed will have to pay it.

Crafty but again I'm sure no-one was gonna wise DJ up to this before hand.