Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL WE SEE MAYNARD AGAIN ?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Just a Thought, if things go as Im sure we all hope they will and we go up, will we see Nicky in a Cardiff shirt again.
My thought is, that if we do go up Malky will want to bring in some really good quality strikers. I cant see Maynard wanting site on the bench or maybe not even in the squad. Maybe we have seen the last of him, what do you think ?

Re: WILL WE SEE MAYNARD AGAIN ?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Did'nt Maynard cost more than Michu? Ha ha ha ha oh dear ladies. Take a rest

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm sure he'll be starting for us next season no matter what league we're in.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Just a Thought, if things go as Im sure we all hope they will and we go up, will we see Nicky in a Cardiff shirt again.
My thought is, that if we do go up Malky will want to bring in some really good quality strikers. I cant see Maynard wanting site on the bench or maybe not even in the squad. Maybe we have seen the last of him, what do you think ?

Yes I think he will be back by March or April to help us over the line :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 pm

I would like to see him start for us also, from what I seen of him , he can be a real handful. But Im just thinking what Malky may think & do.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm

We cant gaurantee that he will be the same player,

hes now 25/26 even with seriously knee injuries it could take a yard of pace off him, hopefully it doesn't

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 pm

premierleaguestatus wrote:Did'nt Maynard cost more than Michu? Ha ha ha ha oh dear ladies. Take a rest

Laudrup managed in La Liga, he knew the players etc, obviously he's going to cost cheaper. I don't see understand this debate, players of the same nationality of the country they play in are always going to cost more, i.e Andy Carroll etc.

With Maynard he will play in the Prem with us if we get promoted.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Could be back towards the end of current season.

Should be able to start running end of Feb/ early March, but obviously wouldnt be match fit.....could play a bit part player in the last four games.

It all depends if he can straighten his knee in rehabilitation, which usually takes time......once hes done that, its all about strengthening the knee and the thigh muscle.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 pm

I can't see him featuring this season, but I think he's good enough to play for us in the Prem.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Just a Thought, if things go as Im sure we all hope they will and we go up, will we see Nicky in a Cardiff shirt again.

I think we'll see him back in a city shirt by the end of february, (watch this space) that is another three months, could be ready for the run in, if it happens then we must be favourites to make the promised land.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 pm

cityone wrote:

I think we'll see him back in a city shirt by the end of february, (watch this space) that is another three months, could be ready for the run in, if it happens then we must be favourites to make the promised land.

Agree he'll be back, we usually exaggerate the injuries, and when they come back its a bonus :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm

6 month injury, so back in March.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm

If he's back for the run in my wank socks gonna be put to excessive use

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:If he's back for the run in my wank socks gonna be put to excessive use

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:39 pm

premierleaguestatus wrote:Did'nt Maynard cost more than Michu? Ha ha ha ha oh dear ladies. Take a rest

Point of your post? :? :roll: