Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LAST NIGHT'S ABERDARE BUS

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 am

How do you explain the logic of our fans, great to see so many of my old mates form Aberdare up there last night.
In Barnsley last week for a three O'clock kick off there were three of them up there, they didn't have enough interest to fill a car.
Last night they had fifty six on a fifty two seater coach for a Friday night kick off and an eight hour round trip for a match live on Sky.

How to you work that logic out, only at Cardiff hey. ;) :ayatollah:

Re: LAST NIGHT'S ABERDARE BUS

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:08 am

BigGwynram wrote:How do you explain the logic of our fans, great to see so many of my old mates form Aberdare up there last night.
In Barnsley last week for a three O'clock kick off there were three of them up there, they didn't have enough interest to fill a car.
Last night they had fifty six on a fifty two seater coach for a Friday night kick off and an eight hour round trip for a match live on Sky.

1. Less of a distance.
2. Not played Blackburn at their place for a while.
3. Barnsley, say no more.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 am

Gwyn ,Folk have had the hearts broken in the last few seasons but slowly everyone is beginning to recognise again that this could be our season :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:How do you explain the logic of our fans, great to see so many of my old mates form Aberdare up there last night.

1. Less of a distance.
Blackburn is further
Wasn't it about five years ago in the cup, hardly a life time

Yeh, coz Blackburn is so much nicer than Barnsley.
It must be down to the re brand then.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 am

Gwyn as you know im City through and through was good to see you last night but in my instance i find it harder to get to Sat away games because of work commitments i wouldnt have been able to go to day for instance also with money situation with fans these days we get more selective last night was my 2nd away of season and other boys like ross and gaz 3rd a few yrs back we wouldnt have missed game its just not possible for most of us, but there again lets just relive last night for a bit lol

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am

Can't you just support the fans that go when they have the chance to?

After a great away win, why feel the need to have a pop at a set of fans?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

And where have I had a pop at our fans, It just shows how irrational and illogical our fans are, not just from Aberdare which is a real hotbed, its just you can't work out why and when they decide to travel.

We were talking last night about Doncaster away once on a Saturday and we took around 250, the next year we played them on a Tuesday night with nothing on the game and we took six hundred.

What part of my post caused offence, you prize prick. ;)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:06 pm

In all fairness Gwyn has a point.

And the point is our fans are some of the most fickle around.

What you're seeng Gwyn is now, people are feeling like there is something cooking and they don't want to be the ones who miss out on it.

It's a powerful motivator, the fear of missing out.

We were getting 17k plus when we won the third under Rick Wright. Next season, back down to 3.5. Big time fickle.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Its similar for us, none of the lads who travel with me go every week, but when we do go we all go together and then that's another 35-40 each time.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm

gwyn aint having pop you fool hes asking a question

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

1. Less of a distance.
Blackburn is further
Wasn't it about five years ago in the cup, hardly a life time

Yeh, coz Blackburn is so much nicer than Barnsley.
It must be down to the re brand then.

Ffs

As you have brought the rebrand up YES we would have definately had more there without it.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:42 pm

i cant understand our logic either,3 buses went to bolton,1 to bburn both on sky.and 3 in a car to barnsley and i bet i know who they were. :lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:24 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

And where have I had a pop at our fans, It just shows how irrational and illogical our fans are, not just from Aberdare which is a real hotbed, its just you can't work out why and when they decide to travel.

We were talking last night about Doncaster away once on a Saturday and we took around 250, the next year we played them on a Tuesday night with nothing on the game and we took six hundred.

What part of my post caused offence, you prize prick. ;)

Why even need to make the comment? Just be glad they went, instead of picking holes at them.

Prize prick? Says it all, you can't discuss maturely and resort to childish name calling. :roll:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 pm

i dont think gwyn was picking holes,just making a logical point

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:i dont think gwyn was picking holes,just making a logical point

Did it in the wrong way then, because it came across as a "why weren't they at...." Type post.

Just be glad they went to a game :roll:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 pm

where did he say why weren't they there.he said, how do you explain the logic.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Anyone who has followed the City for a long time will tell you that this has always been the case. We are a fickle bunch as people, it's a valleys thing and it's not just reserved to football. I just say we embrace it and accept that it is in our culture to be fickle and will never go away.

:old: