Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARHORSE!!!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 am

Helguson.

Malky:

He looks like a victim after every game, limps around the place for two or three
days, so I stick him in the pool and keep him off the training pitch so he's ready
for the next game

The clueless brigade who slated this feller should hang their heads in shame :lol: :lol:

If somebody said to me right now, Jordan Rhodes or Helguson....

I'd keep the feller who runs his bollocks off for my Club!!!

20 a season striker? Heider wont be far off :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WARHORSE!!!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 am

He's started to win me over slowly dave. Maybe its because I watched ir from my settie and seen what he was doing rather than in the stand watching all over the pitch.Great game he had lastnight. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 am

bluebird1977 wrote:He's started to win me over slowly dave. Maybe its because I watched ir from my settie and seen what he was doing rather than in the stand watching all over the pitch.Great game he had lastnight. :ayatollah:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

f**k me, if he's winning you over. the skys the limit :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 am

Somebody has gotta get on with a proper Helguson chant! The guy is a warrior :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 am

Kevin McNaughton has long been my favourite Cardiff player and that won't change but Heidar Helguson is easily my second favourite. The fact he's so aggressive yet knows the boundaries, love it. Such a hero. If I was playing, I'd definitely want him lining up alongside me.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:24 am

i posted on here donkey,s ago the bloke was quality.if he was put out on loan now tell me a champ side he couldn,t improve?he,d help a few lower prem teams out as well

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am

Have always rated him and in fact put a wager on him to be the championships top goalscorer before the season because thats how much I thought of him. That bet will probably come up short but his all round ability is there for all to see

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 am

taffyapple wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:He's started to win me over slowly dave. Maybe its because I watched ir from my settie and seen what he was doing rather than in the stand watching all over the pitch.Great game he had lastnight. :ayatollah:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

f**k me, if he's winning you over. the skys the limit :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 am

Angry Man wrote:Have always rated him and in fact put a wager on him to be the championships top goalscorer before the season because thats how much I thought of him. That bet will probably come up short but his all round ability is there for all to see

Yeh righto :?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah maybe these posts will jog your memory:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89709&hilit=+helguson

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88706&hilit=+helguson

;)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:20 am

Angry Man wrote:Yeah maybe these posts will jog your memory:

;)

Close to conceding here I am.

though a photo of your betting slip might clinch it for you :lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 am

taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Yeah maybe these posts will jog your memory:

;)

Close to conceding here I am.

though a photo of your betting slip might clinch it for you :lol:

concerding!!! :o :shock: are you feeling ok Taffy or is this cold weather getting to you in strange ways..? ;)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 am

Was chuffed to bits when we signed him, people moaned like they did with Miller that he didn't hit the ground running with goals. But his work rate and what he brings to the team was there to say.

We go need cover for him though because of his age. But what he's doing at the moment is a big part of where we are. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 am

Last night he was superb, probably the best I've seen him play in a city shirt but one swallow doesnt make a summer! There are far too many aspects of his game where he just doesnt cut it. Yes he is a warrior, and City fans put that above talent, but In January it is imperative Malky brings in better! Plus the fact is that if he were to get injured we would be faced with Rudy leading the line in the run in which is a frightening thought.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Last night he was superb, probably the best I've seen him play in a city shirt but one swallow doesnt make a summer! There are far too many aspects of his game where he just doesnt cut it. Yes he is a warrior, and City fans put that above talent, but In January it is imperative Malky brings in better! Plus the fact is that if he were to get injured we would be faced with Rudy leading the line in the run in which is a frightening thought.

Unbelievable!!

Opposite him last night was Jordan Rhodes, one of the hottest propertys outside
of the Premiership. Surely its fair to say HE just doesnt 'cut it'? he did f**k all!!!

Helguson has ploughed a lone furrel up there for week after week with little or no
reward. As soon as he has a strike partner.... BINGO!!!

We are top of the league, top goalscorers. Helguson has played every game. So its
safe to say he is an important part of that excellent statistic

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYy-vR_wIo

Appropriate song :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Helguson has proved to be a great player for us this season, he doesn't need to just score goals to show that, I'm glad our fans our finally starting to see that. Him and Bellars both played very well together upfront yesterday. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:15 pm

He has been a great asset to the team - amazes me how many headers he wins as he is not the tallest of players

A tough all round pro :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm

he started to win me over about a month ago .... he just doesnt stop running and for a small man he out jumps most defenders time and time again and he`s hard as nails!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 pm

taffyapple wrote:Helguson.

Malky:

He looks like a victim after every game, limps around the place for two or three
days, so I stick him in the pool and keep him off the training pitch so he's ready
for the next game

The clueless brigade who slated this feller should hang their heads in shame :lol: :lol:

i was one who didnt rate him,,,but this topic is hindsight...... :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Malky:

for the next game

He certainly does'nt leave anything on the pitch does he??

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm glad this thread has been locked because it prove to many on here that I'm not anti team just anti board. Unfortunately some can't tell the difference

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 pm

krabb wrote:

Malky:

for the next game

i was one who didnt rate him,,,but this topic is hindsight...... :ayatollah:

Fair play to ya mate. Much respect :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Song for Helguson:

Dah dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah dah Helguson!!!

To the tune of Steptoe and Son

Refers to their old Carthorse, a joking reference to Helguson who
is anything But!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Never have been his greatest Fan Dave !! But i am a believer now mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: He is one of our most important Players now :D

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 pm

His professional foul ,which he got booked for was class,took one for the team.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Never have been his greatest Fan Dave !! But i am a believer now mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: He is one of our most important Players now :D

Again, an admission you were wrong. Cleanses the soul mate

Just like my one about Hudson :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Never have been his greatest Fan Dave !! But i am a believer now mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: He is one of our most important Players now :D

Again, an admission you were wrong. Cleanses the soul mate

Just like my one about Hudson :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hudson superb mate :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 am

taffyapple wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Last night he was superb, probably the best I've seen him play in a city shirt but one swallow doesnt make a summer! There are far too many aspects of his game where he just doesnt cut it. Yes he is a warrior, and City fans put that above talent, but In January it is imperative Malky brings in better! Plus the fact is that if he were to get injured we would be faced with Rudy leading the line in the run in which is a frightening thought.

Unbelievable!!

Opposite him last night was Jordan Rhodes, one of the hottest propertys outside
of the Premiership. Surely its fair to say HE just doesnt 'cut it'? he did f**k all!!!

Helguson has ploughed a lone furrel up there for week after week with little or no
reward. As soon as he has a strike partner.... BINGO!!!

We are top of the league, top goalscorers. Helguson has played every game. So its
safe to say he is an important part of that excellent statistic

Please read my message again, I said last night he was superb! No question. But in the long run are you seriously telling me you would prefer Helguson than Jordan Rhodes, one of the hottest properties in British football? This is another knee jerk reaction thread to one great game! Next week if he has a stinker, and he has had a few this season despite his good work rate, then there will be another thread made slagging him off with loads of people agreeing. In my opinion, if we had a better striker, like a Glenn Murray, Charlie Austin or Jordan Rhodes than we would be absolutely shredding this league. For me Helguson should be the back up to a striker like that and Rudy shouldn't be in the squad.