Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Only

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 am

Has there ever been a better time to be a City fan?

f*cking immense performance tonight.

Still buzzing and the drugs wore off about an hour ago.

Re: Football Only

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 am

That was a ruthless performance, the type that sends out a big message to the rest of the league. Didn't even feel this good when we beat leeds 4-0 few seasons back at there's. 2weeks in a row now we have proved we can deal with the pressure. Great stuff.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 am

Here here polo here f*cking here :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 am

Every single player put in a huge performance last night. Personally, I think Helgusson was MOM, but Taylor has been transformed the past couple of games since his return from injury. Now looks a high quality attacking left back who is whipping in crosses instead of stopping once he gets past the half way line to look for Whitts. That was the complete away performance and apart from a ten minute spell, we were totally in control of the game and there can be no complaints from any Blackburn fans about the result. It was never a penalty on Rhodes either - Hudson another superb job on a highly rated striker.Thats the "in form" Austin and Rhodes now who have barely got a kick all game.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 am

I was bouncing last night. Buzzing like f**k.

We were like a f*cking rash all over Blackburn when they had the ball. The amount of
times players coming back nicked the ball off them was immense. Taylor was positive.
Conway solid. Noone and Connolly look excellent down the right. The warhorse and
Bellamy were like a f*cking nightmare for defenders, they were all over them all night.
Whittingham SEEMED to have a quiet game, but only because he was just shifting the ball
about and orchestrating everything from a bit deeper, with Cowie like a rabid dog chasing
cars.

Our defence was sublime. To be fair Richards' pass for their goal was a peach, it was an
excellent ball and a great finish. But for the rest of the night. Hudson and Turner ruled over
their strikers like bullies.

Malky Mackay has got a squad that are fighting for everything right now. Will we go up if
we dont strengthen? Yes. But we will strengthen in January. Nothing being left to chance
by this manager.

I'm shit scared a decent sized Premiership Club is going to come in for him :(

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 am

taffyapple wrote:I was bouncing last night. Buzzing like f**k.

We were like a f*cking rash all over Blackburn when they had the ball. The amount of
times players coming back nicked the ball off them was immense. Taylor was positive.
Conway solid. Noone and Connolly look excellent down the right. The warhorse and
Bellamy were like a f*cking nightmare for defenders, they were all over them all night.
Whittingham SEEMED to have a quiet game, but only because he was just shifting the ball
about and orchestrating everything from a bit deeper, with Cowie like a rabid dog chasing
cars.

Our defence was sublime. To be fair Richards' pass for their goal was a peach, it was an
excellent ball and a great finish. But for the rest of the night. Hudson and Turner ruled over
their strikers like bullies.

Malky Mackay has got a squad that are fighting for everything right now. Will we go up if
we dont strengthen? Yes. But we will strengthen in January. Nothing being left to chance
by this manager.

I'm shit scared a decent sized Premiership Club is going to come in for him :(

I think Malky would stay now and see this through rather than trying to keep a club up, which realistically is the kind of prem job he would get offered. He's being backed, the fans love him and he has created a table topping side. No reason to go.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Has there ever been a better time to be a City fan?

Polo, Do you Still want Malky sacked?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:

touche!! :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

I only said that to get a rise from you it never failed :lol:

Are you going to hold your hands up and give credit to Vincey for giving Malky the money to put together this squad?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 pm

The "I didn't mean it" chestnut - :lol:

Great game, we were outstanding. Thought Helguson was incredible and am amazed to see some still say he's not good enough. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

I only said that to get a rise from you it never failed :lol:

Are you going to hold your hands up and give credit to Vincey for giving Malky the money to put together this squad?

To be fair. Malky is doing an amazing job.

But without the backing of Vincent Tan he'd be nowhere.

Its time everyone started admitting that Tan is doing the business here