Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Xmas present to all City fans

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm

In the season of goodwill I have attached below a Youtube link to the greatest football film of all time, A Captains Tale. The film has never been available to buy on DVD and is the true story of a small mining team at the turn of the last century who went on to win the first 'World Cup'. It stars Dennis Waterman and Richard Griffiths and was originally released in 1982. It's absolutely brilliant and a forgotten gem. If you watch it I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Happy Xmas :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCfybENNh1k

Re: My Xmas present to all City fans

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm

My gift to you lads ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:In the season of goodwill I have attached below a Youtube link to the greatest football film of all time, A Captains Tale. The film has never been available to buy on DVD and is the true story of a small mining team at the turn of the last century who went on to win the first 'World Cup'. It stars Dennis Waterman and Richard Griffiths and was originally released in 1982. It's absolutely brilliant and a forgotten gem. If you watch it I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Happy Xmas :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCfybENNh1k

Cheers Jimbo, I'd heard a lot about this film mostly back in the late eighties/early nineties always keeping an eye out for the video to appear (no dvd's in them days lol) but no luck. I have to admit that I'd completely forgotten about it so have saved the link to watch another day as running the mobile comms thing down a great rate of knots. Supposedly Tyne Tees TV's greatest hour.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm

When I read the OP, I thought you had discovered a video of Roath Magic being beheaded. Even after death, he would still come back to haunt this mb with his boring shite from beyond the grave.