Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is a premiership the be all and end all for you?!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:31 pm

This is a genuine question - a lot has been said about the rebrand, and this isn't a thread to discuss that.

Many said about turning red "well if it gets us to the prem then so be it"

Personally, I'm not that bothered about the premiership. If all you want is premier league football, go support someone else I say.

Don't get me wrong. Would be great to get there, but not at the cost of a rebrand.

Thoughts? :ayatollah:

Re: Is a premiership the be all and end all for you?!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Go away

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Go away

No. :D

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:This is a genuine question - a lot has been said about the rebrand, and this isn't a thread to discuss that.

Personally, I'm not that bothered about the premiership. If all you want is premier league football, go support someone else I say.

Don't get me wrong. Would be great to get there, but not at the cost of a rebrand.

No it's not. Some people say the chase is better than the prize. For me, it's about supporting my home club no matter what division we are in or who we play against.
I still want to get there though!!!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 pm

No of course it's not the be end and end all.

But it's certainly the aim, it's the aim for all football league clubs surely?

People are starting to talk like its wrong for fans because they want the club to get promoted.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Yes, as I said above, I want it too & it would be great.

But for me I'd rather be blue - but some fans would prefer the other way around? Just interested in opinions.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Too many people have the attitude 'Dont care how much we spend, who we sign, as long as we go up'

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Yes, as I said above, I want it too & it would be great.

But for me I'd rather be blue - but some fans would prefer the other way around? Just interested in opinions.

That isn't an option though.

I guess the colour doesn't bother some people so yeah they would rather promotion.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I guess the colour doesn't bother some people so yeah they would rather promotion.

It was an option. Most of our fans actively begged Tan for the rebrand, though.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I'm not sure they were begging him for the rebrand but more his continued financial support to keep the club running.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Where do you make this shit up?

Most begged him???? Where and when did you witness this.

Your just a horrid troll, subtle but still trolling

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Which he would have done, had we remained blue. Just not to the level we are at now.

He wouldn't have let his current investment up to then go down the drain, but yes we would have lost players and maybe in a relegation battle.

Just a question of what you value more I guess. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm

We've sold the true values of our footballing club for a materialistic and wreckless gamble with our existance.
for materialstic gains and great new heights.

personally I dont like it. We've lost our existance as respectable fan base, now made up of glory seeking kids and bitter kill joys who complain and cry if we dont win every game,

the 3rd division boys of yesteryear have all but died out , and the club is pumping non existant cash into it we dont own anything its all borrowed and our fate lies in the hand of a financial tyrant only interested in profit

thats the harsh realitym affraid to say. :(

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:02 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:We've sold the true values of our footballing club for a materialistic and wreckless gamble with our existance.
for materialstic gains and great new heights.

personally I dont like it. We've lost our existance as respectable fan base, now made up of glory seeking kids and bitter kill joys who complain and cry if we dont win every game,

the 3rd division boys of yesteryear have all but died out , and the club is pumping non existant cash into it we dont own anything its all borrowed and our fate lies in the hand of a financial tyrant only interested in profit

thats the harsh realitym affraid to say. :(

In your opinion

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Yes, that's why he's posted it. :lol:

Jesus Christ. :roll:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Yes, that's why he's posted it. :lol:

Actually, if you read it, its posted as fact not opinion

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I thought you said this thread was'nt about the rebrand??? in every reply you've given so far you've mentioned it!!!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:52 pm

take question in isolation its every teams dream to get premier whatever league you are in? an if you prefer blue thats fine but consider fact that if we were blue we would not be where we are now! so yes be blue and wait x amount of years before we would challenge again for premier if at all!!! others prefer where we are now i certainly do, and as i said to you yesterday i am entitled to that opnion without being called plastic/sellout or whatever!! :roll:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:55 pm

I don't think anyone would prefer it the other way around, as such - they're simply allowing it to happen without complaint as they know there's a very good chance of promotion.

I too would rather see City go up in blue and play their first PL home game in blue. It would be wonderful. Unfortunately, I can't see Tan budging from his current stance on the matter.

Still, I will continue supporting my team, no matter which league they're playing in. :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:This is a genuine question - a lot has been said about the rebrand, and this isn't a thread to discuss that.

If i had the choice, i would genuinely prefer to get relegated to League 1 and start again in blue than play Premier League football in red.

Sadly that isn't a choice, and we just have to act like the Malaysians' sheep and let them rebrand our club without any reason to do so.

Still disgusts me that we didn't put up more of a fight.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:27 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

If i had the choice, i would genuinely prefer to get relegated to League 1 and start again in blue than play Premier League football in red.

Sadly that isn't a choice, and we just have to act like the Malaysians' sheep and let them rebrand our club without any reason to do so.

Still disgusts me that we didn't put up more of a fight.

Good to see I'm not alone. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:27 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Yes, that's why he's posted it. :lol:

Actually, if you read it, its posted as fact not opinion

No, it isn't.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm

CraigMc wrote:Too many people have the attitude 'Dont care how much we spend, who we sign, as long as we go up'

i guess thats so we can pay off our debts and VT can then convert his debt to equity making us debt free.....just a guess mind..... :roll:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm

At the expense of the identity of club :roll: