Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KTM Mountain Bike Theft - Ammanford

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 pm

hi all, i know it's a long shot but worth a try (if admin allow it)

does anybody recognise the male in connection regarding a bike theft in ammanford quay street october 27th?
a white ktm chicago 2009 model 19inch frame was stolen from outside the post office. cctv confirms this male took it

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/crime ... 341287/14/

Re: KTM Mountain Bike Theft - Ammanford

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Rare bike, Ill keep an eye out on the bay

Hope they catch the thieving fecker

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm

You got his "mug" I'm sure it won't be long before he's picked up. He looks like a shit kunt, so will let on who he sold the bike to, or where it is, hope you get yor wheels back, goodluck. P.s break his fuking legs when you do find out who he is.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm

cheers mynach..you know your bikes then.. as you know it's rare, more than rare really. Possibly one of the 3 in the uk.
from day one is been keeping an eye on ebay, he must be pretty daft to try and sell it there are as it would be spotted straight away no messing. Trouble is, how long does it take to appear, it could be months as some sugestions have been made.

the police first said he's local, then it became he's not local, then became he maybe local but they don't know where he lives (if that makes any sense).

he was not on the cctv prior to the theft and he was already going somehwere when he appeared before he took the bike. and knew which way to go, or just enough to know where he was heading. if the town square cameras were on that may have helped in which direction he went from there

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 pm

You should find that easy, looks like Jason Statham's half inched it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na joking aside i hope you find it buddy. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Best of luck finding it mate I had a crosser pinched a few years back worst feeling in the world.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Worst thing is that bike has probably been sold for no more than £50 and has probably been stripped already :(.

I'll keep an eye out down here but doubt it'll come down here.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Dave Sugarman.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Daya wrote:Dave Sugarman.

Lol

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 am

i'm wondering if the police could have done a better picture, as the one looks like if he's around 7 metres from the camera heading toward the bike, and maybe a 2 metre shot would have given a far better face shot.
Maybe if they gave a bad picture, nobody will know who he is and they don't have to do anything..give a good picture and they got work to do. No wonder it's said that 4 out of 5 don't bother reporting. But if it wasn't for the cctv, we'd be well stuffed. many many people who have had bikes stolen do not have that luxury whether it's kids from a park to someone at work.

I think it's more that the guy needs to be caught because it looks like if he has done this before, and it may lead to other bikes being recovered or what else he has been up to.

TBH has to be caught because i can't afford a replacement bike, and the only way to get a replacement is to catch him and he has to pay for the loss if there is damage.

Nobody really knows where they turn up. It's just as easy for a stolen bike from cardiff turning up in swansea and vice-versa. Or bikes going from cardiff going over to bristol.
With ammanford, it is a low crime area as for the rest of dyfed-powys statistically, but that doesn't really wash if the figures are higher than thought. There aren't many regular cyclists in ammanford, you can count them on both hands throughout the week, even in the summer. But stolen bikes have to go somewhere, they don't just disappear into thin air.
I thought car theft was bad but the last month has really opened my eyes. even if the southwales area is about the same size as dyfed-powys, the population is around the same but more condensed, and the amount of stolen bikes in southwales is 4 times the amount than dyfed. London has a population of 8m and 21,000 bikes stolen a year. southwales has around 1.2m in proportion. works out london as 1 in 384 people has a bike stolen, southwales works out 1 in 654, dyfed-powys 1 in 1250

dyfed-powys 2009-2010:
2008: 405 pedal cycles reported stolen
2009: 397 pedal cycles reported stolen
2010: 364 pedal cycles reported stolen

2008: 59 pedal cycles recovered
2009: 80 pedal cycles recovered
2010: 54 pedal cycles recovered

2009-2010 South Wales Police 1,834, Gwent 580, North Wales 656, Dyfed Powys 398

Police advise to cyclists to park as close as possible to cctv.. yeah sure

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:48 am

Did you lock it up?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:29 am

Karl wrote:Did you lock it up?

Not anymore.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 am

I'm working in Ammanford. Will investigate! Try the jacks mb.
There's one or two down here

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm

what does jacks mb mean?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Planet penis

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

johnsouthwales wrote:what does jacks mb mean?

He means put it on Planet Swans... I think you already have though? Good luck...

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 pm

oops i see what you mean now. yeah that's me

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:10 pm

thougt i'd give this a go - worth a go http://youtu.be/EyTV1eXgJyc