Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY V BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I have a rough idea what my blackburn team would be but I don't have the inside knowledge of there team that their fans would have so ill leave their team for now

This is how I think malky will line up;

(4-3-3)
--------------------marshall----------------------
Connolly------huds----------turner--------taylor

gunnarson---whitts---kimbo

Noone----------helguson-----------conway
Last edited by ccfcritchie on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: CARDIFF CITY V BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm

-----------------------Marshall--------------------
Connolly------Hudson------Turner------Taylor
---------------Gunnar---------Whitts-------------
Noone-----------------------------------Conway
-------------Helguson------Bellamy------------

2-2, Whitts free kick and Gunnarsson

Rovers fans rather pessimistic, just looked on their board. Lots of them predicting a home loss :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CARDIFF CITY V BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm

TEAM NEWS

Blackburn midfielder David Dunn is fit after a lengthy calf injury and could start, while Dickson Etuhu has recovered from illness.

Veteran forward Nuno Gomes (hamstring) misses out although fellow Portuguese forward Fabio Nunes could feature.

Leaders Cardiff will again be without Tommy Smith (hamstring) but he is closing in on fitness and could play against Peterborough on 15 December.

However, winger Craig Noone is available after suspension.
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Blackburn have won 25, Cardiff 20 and 15 of the 60 competitive meetings between these clubs have been drawn.

• Cardiff gained their first win in six league and cup matches against Rovers in their most recent meeting, when the Welsh club won a League Cup fifth round tie 2-0 in November last year.

• Blackburn have won five and drawn one of the last six league meetings with the Bluebirds, since Cardiff's 3-2 victory at Ewood Park in November 1980.

Blackburn Rovers

• Henning Berg is looking for his second win in charge of Blackburn, having seen his ninth-placed side pick up one point out of nine.

• Fewer Championship goals have been on show at Ewood Park than at any other ground, with Blackburn scoring 10 in the 10 matches, and conceding 10.

• Just over half of their points (15 of 29) have been claimed in matches in which Rovers have scored fewer than two goals.

Cardiff City

• Malky Mackay's Cardiff can increase their lead at the top of the table to four points with an unrivalled 14th Championship victory.

• The current tally of 41 points from 20 games is their best for 10 years, but only 11 of those points have been secured away from home.

• The Bluebirds have hit the woodwork an unequalled 14 times in Championship games this term.