Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Compo!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Does anyone know if someone famous from the BBC came to our school or something when I was a kid? I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and grab some compo. There was this one bloke who had a red suit on who made me sit on his knee and he promised me toys and stuff. I couldn't see his face because he hid it behind a big white beard. Was he from the BBC by any chance?

Re: Compo!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm

I know what you mean.

In the seventies I tripped over a loose paving stone on the way to watch Jim'll Fix It being filmed.

Surely I should be entitled to lots of money!

Of course, this happened 40 years ago but somehow I've just remembered it. Shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

davids wrote:I know what you mean.

In the seventies I tripped over a loose paving stone on the way to watch Jim'll Fix It being filmed.

Surely I should be entitled to lots of money!

Of course, this happened 40 years ago but somehow I've just remembered it. Shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think.

Well I never actually met Jim but I did watch his programs. Whilst watching one of them he did a Jedi mind trick on me and forced me to touch myself on his behalf. :lol: And this one time I was watching Top of the pops and there were flashing lights which hurt my eyes. There's got to be a few bob in that lot surely. :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Thought this was a thread about Last Of The Summer Wine. But while I'm here I believe that Jim also fixed it for me and I shall file a claim. Do You Like The Music Of Showaddywaddy?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Thought this was a thread about Last Of The Summer Wine. But while I'm here I believe that Jim also fixed it for me and I shall file a claim. Do You Like The Music Of Showaddywaddy?

Now they were dodgy! Under the moon of love and all that. :lol:

Seriously though, with all these people who are suddenly remembering they got fiddled with, even though they didn't say anything years ago when Gary Glitter went down, I'm suprised the Lawyers haven't started an advertising campaign. With adverts saying "were you bummed by someone famous?, maybe that star slipped a finger in? Call "Catch a fiddler Lawyer for you". 100% of the compo!
Or where's the txt messages: "we know you were fiddled with!!!" Text reply - "Cut his balls off" and the compo cheque is on it's way!. :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:04 pm

There used to be a program on tele that sorted people's problems out (especially kids).

I think it was called something like Jim'll fix it. Why don't you try them? :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Berwyn wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Thought this was a thread about Last Of The Summer Wine. But while I'm here I believe that Jim also fixed it for me and I shall file a claim. Do You Like The Music Of Showaddywaddy?

Now they were dodgy! Under the moon of love and all that. :lol:

Seriously though, with all these people who are suddenly remembering they got fiddled with, even though they didn't say anything years ago when Gary Glitter went down, I'm suprised the Lawyers haven't started an advertising campaign. With adverts saying "were you bummed by someone famous?, maybe that star slipped a finger in? Call "Catch a fiddler Lawyer for you". 100% of the compo!
Or where's the txt messages: "we know you were fiddled with!!!" Text reply - "Cut his balls off" and the compo cheque is on it's way!. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - makes a change from PPI and accident claim texts!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Berwyn wrote:Does anyone know if someone famous from the BBC came to our school or something when I was a kid? I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and grab some compo. There was this one bloke who had a red suit on who made me sit on his knee and he promised me toys and stuff. I couldn't see his face because he hid it behind a big white beard. Was he from the BBC by any chance?

That was polo.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

You can be sure that M'learned friends are jumping over themselves to cash in on this. f*cking parasites of the worst kind. Win or lose, they still get their fee. If you want to get to the root of most things, just follow the money. :old:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Other high-profile M'learned parasites are TSOBL - in it for principle or capital? Principles are fine but they won't buy the S Class....