Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

outrageous prices for kit

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 am

My grandson who is 8 yrs of age, when my daughter priced the full goal keeper kit for him the price that was quoted was £98, I think that this is taking the piss, we want to get our young supporters on board, so to encourage them, why don't the club lower the prices?; what are your thoughts on this :evil:

Re: outrageous prices for kit

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 am

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:My grandson who is 8 yrs of age, when my daughter priced the full goal keeper kit for him the price that was quoted was £98, I think that this is taking the piss, we want to get our young supporters on board, so to encourage them, why don't the club lower the prices?; what are your thoughts on this :evil:

Tell them your Malaysian - probably get it free !

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 am

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:My grandson who is 8 yrs of age, when my daughter priced the full goal keeper kit for him the price that was quoted was £98, I think that this is taking the piss, we want to get our young supporters on board, so to encourage them, why don't the club lower the prices?; what are your thoughts on this :evil:

Seems excessive -I just bought the black 3rd shirt for my 9 year old and it was £28.00 but can't remember if that was after Ambassador discount or before. Given that shorts are about the same or a bit cheaper and socks around £12.00 that should be about £70.00 - is she sure she had the right size??

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 am

I think you'll find that you were quoted for an adult set, as I've just totted up a child's kit and make it £57!

With Ambassador discount of 10%, it should bring it down another £5.70!

http://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/store ... oal_Keeper :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am

That's for the full adult kit (what sort of adult would want the full kit?!).

Kids prices are much more reasonable plus you get 10% season ticket discount! Got the home kit a while back for my lad and I'm sure it was all under £60.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am

Overthemoon wrote:

I think you'll find that you were quoted for an adult set, as I've just totted up a child's kit and make it £57!

Oops didn't see this!

Spot on though.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 am

Gonzo wrote:That's for the full adult kit (what sort of adult would want the full kit?!).

Kids prices are much more reasonable plus you get 10% season ticket discount! Got the home kit a while back for my lad and I'm sure it was all under £60.

If you haven't got the full kit mate you are a plastic. :old:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:That's for the full adult kit (what sort of adult would want the full kit?!).

If you haven't got the full kit mate you are a plastic. :old:

http://richardp1975.wordpress.com/2012/ ... t-wankers/

:-D

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

thanks, that is what I got it down to, when I phoned my daughter, what she didn't tell me was, she had included the short badge, Nationwide shirt badges for the championship, they totaled £22 with my discount it is now £71.10 still seems an awful lot of money for an 8 yr old.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/store ... oal_Keeper :ayatollah:[/quote]
thanks, that is what I got it down to, when I phoned my daughter, what she didn't tell me was, she had included the short badge, Nationwide shirt badges for the championship, they totaled £22 with my discount it is now £71.10 still seems an awful lot of money for an 8 yr old.[/quote]

Not a bad guess at £70 then :lol: Its expensive but if like mine they wear them all the time its good value I guess.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Shit kit, shit colour, shit badge :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Shit kit, shit colour, shit badge :lol:

Thought the goalies kit was traditional green but lets not let that get in the way of a chance to have a moan :o :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Thought the goalies kit was traditional green but lets not let that get in the way of a chance to have a moan :o :lol:

Ironic that someone called "Bluebird For Life" is having a go at someone for commenting about the rebrand.. :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Been a Bluebird since 1970 season so thats over 40 years of my life and when I last looked we were still The Bluebirds... The record is stuck Barry - we all know your opinion on the rebrand but do you have to hijack every thread with it :|

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Won't be for long..

All I said was it was a shit kit, you're the one going on about rebrands. :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Ironic that someone called "Bluebird For Life" is having a go at someone for commenting about the rebrand.. :lol:

First time it was mentioned was by you in the quote above... All I did was comment that it was a traditional green goalkeeping kit that the OP enquired about after your shit kit comment. Presumably you think a green goalkeeping kit is a shit kit and colour then?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

First time it was mentioned was by you in the quote above... All I did was comment that it was a traditional green goalkeeping kit that the OP enquired about after your shit kit comment. Presumably you think a green goalkeeping kit is a shit kit and colour then?

It is, yes. With that god awful badge too.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:04 pm

I hate the badge too but was interested to hear what you thought of a colour that all goalkeepers used to wear. Nobody seemed to mind when our keepers turned out in pink, yellow, grey etc etc but now its shit if they wear green. Interesting.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I hate the badge too but was interested to hear what you thought of a colour that all goalkeepers used to wear. Nobody seemed to mind when our keepers turned out in pink, yellow, grey etc etc but now its shit if they wear green. Interesting.

How dare I dislike a colour eh?! :roll:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:I hate the badge too but was interested to hear what you thought of a colour that all goalkeepers used to wear. Nobody seemed to mind when our keepers turned out in pink, yellow, grey etc etc but now its shit if they wear green. Interesting.

I see. So, its ok for you to dislike green but not for anyone else to like red... :roll: :roll: My point, which you obviously missed is that city keepers always used to play in green but there was no constant sniping when they started to play in different colours, but when the outfield players wear red its the end of the world. Now the city keepers kit reverts to a traditional green and you hate that too :?

I hate the new badge and haven't bought [and won't] buy the red shirt either but why do you have to hijack every thread with your views on this. You've made your point a million times before and this was a thread about the cost of the kit, not the colour. I actually agree with a lot of the points you make regarding the playing side of things but come on Barry give the rebrand stuff a rest - its with us for the foreseeable future whether we like it or not.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

I see. So, its ok for you to dislike green but not for anyone else to like red... :roll: :roll: My point, which you obviously missed is that city keepers always used to play in green but there was no constant sniping when they started to play in different colours, but when the outfield players wear red its the end of the world. Now the city keepers kit reverts to a traditional green and you hate that too :?

I hate the new badge and haven't bought [and won't] buy the red shirt either but why do you have to hijack every thread with your views on this. You've made your point a million times before and this was a thread about the cost of the kit, not the colour. I actually agree with a lot of the points you make regarding the playing side of things but come on Barry give the rebrand stuff a rest - its with us for the foreseeable future whether we like it or not.

I don't hijack every thread. This is a thread about the kit, I made a comment about the kit.

City keepers haven't ALWAYS played in green either, remember that hideous luminous pink number?! :lol:

No, I won't give it a rest.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 am

About £3 to make in Malaysia :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

I don't hijack every thread. This is a thread about the kit, I made a comment about the kit.

City keepers haven't ALWAYS played in green either, remember that hideous luminous pink number?! :lol:

Erm - if you read my post you would have noticed that I mentioned the other keepers kits that we played in :? :? :shock:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

You know the outfield kit colour is the colour of the club and if you can't see that, then you're a muppet.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Sorry but the thread was about the cost of the kit not the badge or the colour !!!!!! :oops: :oops: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 pm

good looking fella wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Sorry but the thread was about the cost of the kit not the badge or the colour !!!!!! :oops: :oops: :ayatollah:

It's about the kit and I've made my comments about it.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:You know the outfield kit colour is the colour of the club and if you can't see that, then you're a muppet.

yeah whatever - can't be bothered anymore. I'll support the Bluebirds now and every season whatever the kit colour but I as I don't need to seek attention I won't bang on about it every five minutes.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:You know the outfield kit colour is the colour of the club and if you can't see that, then you're a muppet.

its always you isnt it :roll:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
good looking fella wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

It's about the kit and I've made my comments about it.

Its about the price , and not the badge or colour or you or your opinions of the re-branding :oops: :oops: :oops: :(