Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Veteran Explorer To Attempt The Coldest Journey On Earth

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 am

This guy is Crazy Or one of the bravest men on earth ? I hate to go out of my front door in these cold days is this guy crazy ? what the hell drives him to do things like this at his age. Best of luck Ranulph come back safe.http://www.ranulphfiennes.co.uk/page/7939/article/406

Re: Veteran Explorer To Attempt The Coldest Journey On Earth

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 am

Will Malkys men Attempt to come out of the dressing room, on mornings like this ? hahaha :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:04 am

welshcitydragon wrote:This guy is Crazy Or one of the bravest men on earth ? I hate to go out of my front door in these cold days is this guy crazy ? what the hell drives him to do things like this at his age. Best of luck Ranulph come back safe.http://www.ranulphfiennes.co.uk/page/7939/article/406

Thought you was on about me going to Blackburn tomorrow then? :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 am

I slept in the back of an Army mini bus in Calgary a few years ago and when I woke up it was -40 degrees! :shock:

I'd been breathing on the hood of my Army sleeping bag whilst I was asleep and the condensation on the hood had turned into icicles! :shock: :lol:

The man needs to be sectioned! :)

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Fair play to the guy he lost his wife and found peace doing things like this.
He cut his fingers off after the last time he did it as he had frost bite(with a jigsaw in his garden shed)
:?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Fair play to the guy he lost his wife and found peace doing things like this.
He cut his fingers off after the last time he did it as he had frost bite(with a jigsaw in his garden shed)
:?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Ex SAS - say no more ;)

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

He got kicked out of the SAS for purposely blowing up a film set in castle combes back in the 60s Lol he's lead a colourful life that's for sure. A fuking legend. They should make a film about him.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

He is the sort of guy who help build the british empire!wrong time for him tho as most things in this world have been discoverd and concored.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Just an idler posh sort who spent his immense inheritance being an explorer. Never done days work in his life. Silver spoon, posh education and lived the life of luxury when not trying to get in the Guiness book of records for his own gratification. :D :old:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Didnt he get commission to regulars then volunteer for sas. In wealthy family circles oldest went in military and youngest to the church. Now the eldest still go the military route while rest of offspring work in private sector investment bankijg and the like!