Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Criticism of Malky Mackay

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 am

Criticism of Malky Mackay

Although the members of this board and a fairly cynical bunch, I suppose it is a snap shot of the fanbase of Cardiff City Football Club (trolls aside)
I write this as we move into December, a month that is undoubtedly going to be difficult in terms of the fixtures we face.
For those that are not aware our forthcoming fixtures look like this:

Blackburn (A)
Peterborough (H)
Leicester (A)
Palace (H)
Millwall (H)

I'm sure even the most optimistic of fans may see some dropped points in that set of fixtures, and leads me onto the point of this post.

We are top of the league and on a record breaking run of 10 straight home wins, away form was iffy but that seems to have been gripped over the last couple of fixtures.
Despite this our manager will undoubtedly face severe criticism unless we bag all 15 points from the fixtures above, the unpleasable crowd will be on a witch hunt straight away, pouring negativity all over this board with the 'Malky is clueless' & 'Malky is tactically inept' threads! and that got me thinking....

Say many of our dreams do come true this season, and promotion is achieved, can you imagine what this board will be like if we are in a relegation dog fight in the Premier League, board members will be rampaging through the streets of Canton! This board is only 3 years old, and that three years have been fairly good years to be a City fan, yet we have had times were Ive debated hanging myself with my city scarf after reading threads on here (said with tongue in cheek)

I think it's time we all took a reality check, we are top of the League with a very good chance of further investment in the side next month, which is where we may have gone wrong before (lack of January investment)

Lets get behind our club, if we can't do that now, we'll be up shit creek next season if we get our promotion and could potentially be fighting against relegation.

Lets enjoy our season as the best team in the league, we've had our injury blip, when our first 11 get a couple of games together under their Belts we will be unplayable again.

Cheer up lads, it might never happen :ayatollah:

Re: Criticism of Malky Mackay

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:55 am

Agree.

It's this reason I have set us a points goal rather than a game by game basis.

We have 41 points.

There are 78 available.

I believe we need to reach 85 points to guarantee promotion this year.

Therefore we need 44 points out of the remaining 78 available.

Considering we have already achieved 41 out of 60 then it is definitely doable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I believe we can even have a blip of a few games and go up automatic at present which is good news as it means if we do lose a 2 or 3 on the bounce I will not enter panic mode. :D

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am

These next 5 games will be a tough set.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am

Spot on Gavlar. The moaning and negativity of some people is getting depressing. Probably cause more damage than the rebranding.

Good point. If they don't like this what will it be like in a relegation fight?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am

glas wrote:Spot on Gavlar. The moaning and negativity of some people is getting depressing. Probably cause more damage than the rebranding.

Good point. If they don't like this what will it be like in a relegation fight?

I dread to think :?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

If we don't do any or very minimal business in Jan and then fail to get promoted because of more injuries or suspensions the doom mongers amongst us will have a field day. Quotes from Malky regarding good business done by West Ham and Reading last January which gave them the impetus to kick on and gain promotion will be dragged up and thrown in his direction if we fail to do something similar, I'm not a whinger but if it comes about that business is slack during Jan then any criticism could then be justified. We need to go out and recruit a couple of experienced players to give us the impetus for a final push, we're top of the league let's get those players that can push us over the line.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Takes me back to last season really. With the players Malky brought in, the VAST majority
said they would be happy with 8th-10th for his first season. But he exceeded expectations.

...and got slated

The Craig Noone/Sordell saga was one of the most cringeworthy episodes ever on this site.

Malky didnt really want Craig Noone, he went in too early and gave them time to block it
Malky didnt really want Sordell. he went in too LATE.
Malky hasnt really got any money, he's covering for the Malaysians.
The Malaysians arent giving him money because they are going in the summer....

This was typical of the threads on here. All proven to be bollocks and bullshit

But.... we're at it again with the 'tactically inept' manager that will 'never get us promoted' :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm sorry, but many posters on here are just idiots

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 pm

10 points would be a good return from those fixtures and keep up the 2 points a game average thats required.
inevitably there will always be critism after a defeat

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm

The culture of negativity is all some people have to keep them going. This board is rife with it

Thank f**k I'm a glass half full and know Malky will take us up. When we do though some mongs will still look for faults

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm

CityGent wrote:The culture of negativity is all some people have to keep them going. This board is rife with it

Thank f**k I'm a glass half full and know Malky will take us up. When we do though some mongs will still look for faults

Sadly, and i hope it stops. there are many multi-posters on here to shit stir
as well as a few very bitter people ex fans who despise the Malaysians and cannot
help stick the knife in. NOTHING Cardiff City do will be good enough. If we
go up this season, you watch... it'll be... they gonna take all the £90m and
leave us high and dry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm

I have supported Malky from day one and will continue too. I always believe a manager should be judged after 2 full seasons. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

First season under Malky, superb.
Second season so far, beyond expectations, Top of the League and our best ever home record 30pts from 30. :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will still never accept the stripping of our identity and I will always continue to fight for the return of it, so we can be a proud club once again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Well I'm sorry but the club have got themselves to blame for the level of negativity.

We might go up, we might be champions, infact we might run away with it and becomes champions say the state of April. Lets just say we go up for arguments sake. The fact we will be going up in red takes a lot of the joy and pride away.

Excluding one or two the fans have not sold out but the but so it can expect negativity and rightly so.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 pm

taffyapple wrote:
CityGent wrote:The culture of negativity is all some people have to keep them going. This board is rife with it

as well as a few very bitter people ex fans who despise the Malaysians and cannot

To be fair there's only one or two extreme wankers on the board - sadly though they have 30/40 usernames between them. They can say what they want about the Malaysians, they've put their money where their mouths are when it's come to squad strengthening and with more to come. The infrastructure within the club has never looked so impressive - the academy is thriving at every level where we're developing potentially great talent. These are the pertinent points fans like ourselves look for within our club and really couldn't give a f**k if debt gets changed to equity. I let the real money men get on with that and not the fake experts on forums. Right now I'm enjoying us top of the tree and we haven't even moved up a gear yet

That's around the corner

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm sorry, I forgot about the colour furore in that post

My favourite colour is blue though

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Im going 9 points from those 5 games.

I am thinking 4 points from the first 2 would be reasonable (3 would be acceptable)

I am thinking 4 points from the last 2 would also be reasonable

Leicester away. No easy match and this could go win, lose or draw.

Anything more than 9 points would suggest, in my opinion, a very good month.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Questions was justifiably asked about tactics and selections away from home. They was justified and I ain't sorry I bought the subject up. This is a message board after all. To some we are not allowed to talk about the rebrand, Swansea, Racism, as they have been done to death :o so had to think of something that we can talk about. :lol:
Away form ????? The jury is still out IMO

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Free speech is not the point I'm arguing, it's how can fans be so upset when we are top of the league, and if there is so much to complain about now.....well, it could be worse let's say

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm

TBH I don't see the issue in these fixtures. All games are tough in the Championship but these 5 areN'T particularily so.

Blackburn (A) - 9th - No win in 3

Peterborough (H) - Bottom - No win in 7

Leicester (A) - 3rd - Very average form for a team in 3rd (Last 7 - 3W, 2D, 2L)

Palace (H) - 2nd - Good Form (Last 7 - 5W, 1D, 1L)

Millwall (H) - 7th - Very Good Form - (Last 7 - 5W, 2D)

Considering we are 10 from 10 at Home, I would expect at least 7 points from P'Borough, Palace & Millwall

And 3 points from the away games.

People need to remember we are supposed to be the best team in the league and need to start earning points like it.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:TBH I don't see the issue in these fixtures. All games are tough in the Championship but these 5 areN'T particularily so.

Blackburn (A) - 9th - No win in 3

Peterborough (H) - Bottom - No win in 7

Leicester (A) - 3rd - Very average form for a team in 3rd (Last 7 - 3W, 2D, 2L)

Palace (H) - 2nd - Good Form (Last 7 - 5W, 1D, 1L)

Millwall (H) - 7th - Very Good Form - (Last 7 - 5W, 2D)

Considering we are 10 from 10 at Home, I would expect at least 7 points from P'Borough, Palace & Millwall

And 3 points from the away games.

People need to remember we are supposed to be the best team in the league and need to start earning points like it.

We have been, that's why we're top! :crazy:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

CityGent wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

To be fair there's only one or two extreme wankers on the board - sadly though they have 30/40 usernames between them. They can say what they want about the Malaysians, they've put their money where their mouths are when it's come to squad strengthening and with more to come. The infrastructure within the club has never looked so impressive - the academy is thriving at every level where we're developing potentially great talent. These are the pertinent points fans like ourselves look for within our club and really couldn't give a f**k if debt gets changed to equity. I let the real money men get on with that and not the fake experts on forums. Right now I'm enjoying us top of the tree and we haven't even moved up a gear yet

That's around the corner

That is what i'm talking about! Spot on :ayatollah:

I think CityGent, Galvar, Merlin, polo and bluebird 1977 and Carl post good stuff on here :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well I'm sorry but the club have got themselves to blame for the level of negativity.

We might go up, we might be champions, infact we might run away with it and becomes champions say the state of April. Lets just say we go up for arguments sake. The fact we will be going up in red takes a lot of the joy and pride away.

Excluding one or two the fans have not sold out but the but so it can expect negativity and rightly so.

This.

Also I don't think the past hasn't helped with negativity. We have been so close on so many occasions and spent millions doing so. With the squads that we have had the last couple of seasons especially under DJ we should have been promoted. This year with all the money and quality in the squad, fans want immediate success on a game by game basis.

Personally can't criticise tactics or selection as I have not seen a single game this season but I do believe that Malky is the right man for the job.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 pm

I would be delighted with 10 points from these fixtures.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm

This subject highlights the main downside of supporter websites (not just our team either).

In the good old days before websites, the true view of the VAST VAST MAJORITY of fans would easily smother the views of the tiny minority of so called fans.

If you asked all the supporters at any home or away game (silly I know) for their views, the positive feedback would show how inacurate the negative percentage is which is highlighted on websites.

If I asked City fans at our next home game how many think the manager is not doing well, I would probably have at least 1000 positive views for every negative one.

By the way, I am one of the huge majority who think Malky is doing a brilliant job.

Having supported CCFC since 1967, I fully appreciate a good team and manger.

:old:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 am

Honestly, I think it's perfectly fine for fans to question tactics/tactical decisions at times. Saying Malky is tactically inept etc. is way too far but criticism is a necessity, without it progression is impossible. So next time we have a shit game I will be there, trying to work out where and why it went wrong. But that doesn't change the fact that I will always get behind the team and the manager. As Malky says, "fans will forgive mistakes, but not lack of effort."