Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Fred Keenor statue

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Reminded me of a t shirt that was being sold very early 90's in the pubs and around the ground. It had a print of the cup winning side with Keenors ears in a different colour to the rest of the t shirt. Written on it was CARDIFF CITY - THE GOLDEN EARS

Anyone have one?

Re: The Fred Keenor statue

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 am

CityGent wrote:Reminded me of a t shirt that was being sold very early 90's in the pubs and around the ground. It had a print of the cup winning side with Keenors ears in a different colour to the rest of the t shirt. Written on it was CARDIFF CITY - THE GOLDEN EARS

Anyone have one?

Yes Anthony Ive got it in my collection, I was given it as a present.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I think it was printed by one of the fanzines at the time Annis? Intifada , Bluebird of happiness or one other

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 pm

i think i've still got my 'gazza - i'd cry too if i was english' t-shirt somewhere...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 pm

CityGent wrote:Reminded me of a t shirt that was being sold very early 90's in the pubs and around the ground. It had a print of the cup winning side with Keenors ears in a different colour to the rest of the t shirt. Written on it was CARDIFF CITY - THE GOLDEN EARS

Anyone have one?

THE GOLDEN EARS,

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Anyone have one?

I had one Tony. ;) Lent it to Les parcell ,years ago and never had it back though. :(

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Anyone have one?

Oh yes, I had a few - a couple of t-shirts and a long sleeved one. It was done by the Intifada fanzine. One of their boys ended up working for the Echo/Western Mail.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61399&p=575675&hilit=in+my+modelling+days#p575675