Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Very concerned

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 pm

By Malky's comments in the Echo. We are seriously in debt already and I would hate the thought we would not buy a goalscorer in January to ensure we get past the line at the end of the season. We simply HAVE to get promotion this year. I have said on a number of posts recently that history has shown sides who go up automatically generally have a 20 + goal striker. We also need another utility fullback. No more needed. It is a real shame we lost Maynard but we cannot go through a WHOLE season without a like replacement :ayatollah:

Re: Very concerned

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

He's not going to start shouting about who or what he wants right now is he. if he started stating that he wants a specific position its going to make it feel like he doesnt think the current players are good enough and thats not exactlly motivational. Its media talk and he rarely ever gives anything away

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Another striker would be nice and no doubt MM will strengthen.

But Reading went up without a 20+ player last season.
It would be more of a concern if we weren't scoring goals but I think we are the leagues top scorers?

The we HAVE to get promotion this year nonsense has been said every year for many years. I would say I'm more confident than ever that we will have a club next year.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Brezza wrote:By Malky's comments in the Echo. We are seriously in debt already and I would hate the thought we would not buy a goalscorer in January to ensure we get past the line at the end of the season. We simply HAVE to get promotion this year. I have said on a number of posts recently that history has shown sides who go up automatically generally have a 20 + goal striker. We also need another utility fullback. No more needed. It is a real shame we lost Maynard but we cannot go through a WHOLE season without a like replacement :ayatollah:

Don't let it spoil yor xmas!