Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

if we beat barrow or m/field

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 pm

If we get through to the next round and draw a big club at home,would anybody fancy playing it at the millenium?Normally I would be against this switch but this year with promotion on our minds maybe with the right ticket prices and so on it could turn out to be a money maker. The reason I say this year is because I feel a cup run wont suit us so taking the advantage of playing at CCS away is ok.I would be totally against playing a league game at the milleniun even next year as league points really matter :o

Re: if we beat barrow or m/field

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 pm

No

All I ask is that for this competition Malky gives the guys on the the bench a run out. Leave our first eleven out of it even if we go quite a way.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:No

All I ask is that for this competition Malky gives the guys on the the bench a run out. Leave our first eleven out of it even if we go quite a way.

he will do so as long as not top team in prem, but got to get that far! :D

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 pm

When, not if :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 pm

I'd like to see us go on a decent run, turn over a Prem team in round 4 and draw Swansea in round 5. Next stop quarter finals :D That would be enough for me, can't deal with the heartbreak again :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm

I thought you could only change grounds if there were safety concerns, normally when a big club visit a small non league ground. Therefore not even an option

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:18 pm

With the youth that are making their mark in the development games we would have this team out:-

Lewis/Parish

John
Nugent
Turner
Coulson

Wharton
McPhail
Kiss
Conway

Darko
Etien.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:25 pm

also i think the wru would take a huge amount of money from the game, :roll:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:With the youth that are making their mark in the development games we would have this team out:-

Lewis/Parish

John
Nugent
Turner
Coulson

Wharton
McPhail
Kiss
Conway

Darko
Etien.

i cant see him going that far. can see rudy, conway, possibly smith and mason playing.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 am

I'd assume we would put them on the bench but opinions fly :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:24 pm

The millennium stadium turf isn't fit to grow potatoes, nevermind playing a game of football on. Looking at it the other day when the rugby was being played. It Was cutting up real bad, the pitch is a disgrace considering its hardly ever used and its a national stadium. Love to see it being used more often but that pitch is no where near good enough for a game of football as it is.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 pm

No.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 pm

As previously said by someone else. It's not allowed so it's not an option. I remember a team got Arsenal a few years back and swapped it to Highbury, caused a stink cos I think the Director then ran with the money. I can't see it being too much of an issue myself.
If we drew Man Utd and played in the Millenium, how many of these extra fans would be coming to support Cardiff?