Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD MALKY GO DOWN IN HISTORY

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Could he go down in history if we gained promotion.We have already made history with our 10 straight home wins so surely gaining premier league status would have to put him up there as one of cardiffs best ever managers or do people think its just down to the funds that were/are availible ????????

Re: COULD MALKY GO DOWN IN HISTORY

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:25 pm

I dont think it is down to funds. To be honest I think we have had better players in the past.

The reason I think Malky is so successful is because he appreciates the importance of having a good team

....... as opposed to having a team of good players.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I dont think it is down to funds. To be honest I think we have had better players in the past.

The reason I think Malky is so successful is because he appreciates the importance of having a good team

....... as opposed to having a team of good players.

Totally agree - Attitude is crucial in today's game and since coming in, Malky has brought in players who will give 110% every game. As a fan that's all I want to see - Give me that anyday over a skillful player who is too lazy/hungover to put in a shift. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:30 pm

we have had better players, but not a better squad i would say.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:we have had better players, but not a better squad i would say.

I'd go with this. We have had better individuals, but they've been in squads without such good players around them. Koumas in 2006 for example.

This is the best SQUAD of players we've had.

Malky will certainly go down in history and will always be remembered if he took us up... Pity the jacks didn't share the sentiments when Brenda returned.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

I'd go with this. We have had better individuals, but they've been in squads without such good players around them. Koumas in 2006 for example.

Malky will certainly go down in history and will always be remembered if he took us up... Pity the jacks didn't share the sentiments when Brenda returned.

Who the fucks Brenda :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm

stuey1981 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Who the fucks Brenda :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:? Brendan Rodgers?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:31 pm

If he gets us promoted then he will definitely be remembered as one of our best managers.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Malky is more important to Cardiff than any of the playing squad, in my opinion.

Our biggest asset and going to go down as the best Manager in the history of the club and hopefully the manager who took us to the Premier League!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Malky is more important to Cardiff than any of the playing squad, in my opinion.

Our biggest asset and going to go down as the best Manager in the history of the club and hopefully the manager who took us to the Premier League!

Don't agree with that personally, but fingers crossed he gets us there..

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

The previous we're Cardiff Managers

MM is the first franchise FC manager .

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

Daya wrote:The previous we're Cardiff Managers

MM is the first franchise FC manager .

why dont you go and support your own side :roll:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 am

He has a great team and has great backing and he has managed to get them playing well as a team.