Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LET'S PLAY OUR PART

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:14 am

Christmas for me this year for obvious personal reasons is a bit bah humbug and already hurting with memories coming back, but as they say life goes on and whilst me and mine will be having a different sadder Xmas, it shouldn't mean that others can't and shouldn't enjoy and treasure their Xmas and the special time it should be.

That is why I am going to try and help others who through no fault of their own will never have had or have a true family type of Xmas that lot's of us take for granted.

The club are taking part in what i think is a great scheme, THE BIG WRAP, they are taking in donations of toys, games, sweets, collection boxes even things like xmas pants and socks anything that will help to brighten up the lives of those less fortunate, even if only for one day.

All these gifts will be delivered and spread around children from under privileged homes, the group behind this scheme have lists full of kids who will be having little or nowt this year as in years previous.

You can leave or donate gifts at the club shop at anytime before and up to the Peteboro game, please do not wrap these gifts as they will need to be given to relevant age groups.

The children will fall into aged nineteen down to baby age so obviously there will be a huge variety of gifts applicable and if we can all give something no matter how small then it will make a difference.

Times are hard for lot's of people, and charities are having to battle for donations, but knowing you have helped to put a smile on some poor kids face will help us appreciate the real meaning of sharing hopefully.

Re: LET'S PLAY OUR PART

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 am

A great scheme :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 am

Great idea :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am

Great idea that is, many of us have kids who have 100s of pounds of toys that they don't even bother with so xmas is the time to help them in need. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:24 am

i think its a great scheme....

im not that up for xmas myself to be honest, just found out that my little one is autistic and that my old man has an agressive form of cancer all in the same week!! its really tough when u see kids enjoying santa and cracking on with xmas things in nursery and he cant even speak a single word yet. fair play though hes getting amazing support from the local authority and hopefully things will progress from there.. i always wanted a boy and all a fella wants is to see his lad play football etc...

but as for the scheme, im def going to give something... even if small every gift counts and even with what my wife and i are going through at least we are in a position to be able to afford the things he needs...

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 am

I had a email earlier this week from the club, it is a great cause, and I will be taking a gift down for the Peterborough game. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 am

When does this scheme end Gwyn? Won't be back in Cardiff until 16th. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:38 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:When does this scheme end Gwyn? Won't be back in Cardiff until 16th. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think the Peterborough game is the proposed cut off time, but I'm sure a day or so later wiill still see stuff get through.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 pm

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Christmas for me this year for obvious personal reasons is a bit bah humbug and already hurting with memories coming back, but as they say life goes on and whilst me and mine will be having a different sadder Xmas, it shouldn't mean that others can't and shouldn't enjoy and treasure their Xmas and the special time it should be.

That is why I am going to try and help others who through no fault of their own will never have had or have a true family type of Xmas that lot's of us take for granted.

The club are taking part in what i think is a great scheme, THE BIG WRAP, they are taking in donations of toys, games, sweets, collection boxes even things like xmas pants and socks anything that will help to brighten up the lives of those less fortunate, even if only for one day.

All these gifts will be delivered and spread around children from under privileged homes, the group behind this scheme have lists full of kids who will be having little or nowt this year as in years previous.

You can leave or donate gifts at the club shop at anytime before and up to the Peteboro game, please do not wrap these gifts as they will need to be given to relevant age groups.

The children will fall into aged nineteen down to baby age so obviously there will be a huge variety of gifts applicable and if we can all give something no matter how small then it will make a difference.

Times are hard for lot's of people, and charities are having to battle for donations, but knowing you have helped to put a smile on some poor kids face will help us appreciate the real meaning of sharing hopefully.

Bought my Present today ready to drop off Saturday ,,,,,,,,,,A wonderful Idea lets hope it brings happiness to thousands of children :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm

nobber wrote:I had a email earlier this week from the club, it is a great cause, and I will be taking a gift down for the Peterborough game. :ayatollah:

Same here.

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Does it have to be one? I've got 4 kids, I'll get them to go through there toys on the weekend, they need a good sort out.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

StockrA wrote:Does it have to be one? I've got 4 kids, I'll get them to go through there toys on the weekend, they need a good sort out.

Don't think there's a limit to how many, but I imagine they are looking at new or at least boxed items that are in good nick and not looking second hand, don't know the full position, but I'm sure the recipients would feel a bit more Xmasy if it was a new toy rather than a pass me down, but I suppose it's down to the individual, but I know where your coming from, I still got toys in the attic my kids opened looked at and never touched again after the Xmas day celebrations were over, it does seem such a waste.

Let's just hope we can make a success of this and make some kids smile at least the once on what should be a special day for every child. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i think its a great scheme....

im not that up for xmas myself to be honest, just found out that my little one is autistic and that my old man has an agressive form of cancer all in the same week!! its really tough when u see kids enjoying santa and cracking on with xmas things in nursery and he cant even speak a single word yet. fair play though hes getting amazing support from the local authority and hopefully things will progress from there.. i always wanted a boy and all a fella wants is to see his lad play football etc...

but as for the scheme, im def going to give something... even if small every gift counts and even with what my wife and i are going through at least we are in a position to be able to afford the things he needs...

My thoughts are with you mate. Keep strong.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
StockrA wrote:Does it have to be one? I've got 4 kids, I'll get them to go through there toys on the weekend, they need a good sort out.

Don't think there's a limit to how many, but I imagine they are looking at new or at least boxed items that are in good nick and not looking second hand, don't know the full position, but I'm sure the recipients would feel a bit more Xmasy if it was a new toy rather than a pass me down, but I suppose it's down to the individual, but I know where your coming from, I still got toys in the attic my kids opened looked at and never touched again after the Xmas day celebrations were over, it does seem such a waste.

Let's just hope we can make a success of this and make some kids smile at least the once on what should be a special day for every child. :ayatollah:

I see, can always take them into town and they can pick a toy each to donate if they want to come to the game.