Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What was your most memorable city moment?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 am

For me it has to be beating Swansea here, Chopra winner and FA Cup semi final. I wish I could of lived the Eddie May day's because I'm 16 :ayatollah:

Re: What was your most memorable city moment?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:For me it has to be beating Swansea here, Chopra winner and FA Cup semi final. I wish I could of lived the Eddie May day's because I'm 16 :ayatollah:

are we just picking one?

for me it was standing in the milennium stadium, with rockin' all over the world playing after we had beat QPR. An amazing feeling that was! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:For me it has to be beating Swansea here, Chopra winner and FA Cup semi final. I wish I could of lived the Eddie May day's because I'm 16 :ayatollah:

are we just picking one?

for me it was standing in the milennium stadium, with rockin' all over the world playing after we had beat QPR. An amazing feeling that was! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 am

For me it was beating Leeds Utd who were top of the Premier League at the time.In 40 years I have never witnessed such a an amazing/hostile match/celebrations/come back and shock all in one game by our fans, I have to admit at the final whistle I had tears in my eyes of happiness, i just stood there in Section A for at least 10 minutes after the game was finished.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And by the way there was no real ugly scenes on the pitch.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:For me it was beating Leeds Utd who were top of the Premier League at the time.In 40 years I have never witnessed such a an amazing/hostile match/celebrations/come back and shock all in one game by our fans, I have to admit at the final whistle I had tears in my eyes of happiness, i just stood there in Section A for at least 10 minutes after the game was finished.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ditto!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also, a strange one maybe.

West Brom at home, midweek when Hartson played for them. The atmosphere that night
was incredible. The poor feller got destroyed by the City crowd. Bob Bank, Grange End
and Block A... everywhere.. it was just a torrent of deafening abuse. For a bloke like
Hartson (who lets be fair is no pussy) to be battered so badly mentally by the crowd that
he couldnt trap a bag of cement :lol: :lol: THAT was Ninian Park for me :D

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:19 am

taffyapple wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For me it was beating Leeds Utd who were top of the Premier League at the time.In 40 years I have never witnessed such a an amazing/hostile match/celebrations/come back and shock all in one game by our fans, I have to admit at the final whistle I had tears in my eyes of happiness, i just stood there in Section A for at least 10 minutes after the game was finished.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

West Brom at home, midweek when Hartson played for them. The atmosphere that night
was incredible. The poor feller got destroyed by the City crowd. Bob Bank, Grange End
and Block A... everywhere.. it was just a torrent of deafening abuse. For a bloke like
Hartson (who lets be fair is no pussy) to be battered so badly mentally by the crowd that

Dave, that was a night of hostility we gave Hartson :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Superb night at Ninian Park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I think he hated us a bit more after that night :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Dave, that was a night of hostility we gave Hartson :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Superb night at Ninian Park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I think he hated us a bit more after that night :lol: :ayatollah:

i agree with both of these...... the leeds game will be my ultimate city experience, but i also loved that day v wba. the abuse from by me in a block was unbelievable.

also the other leeds fixture where we won and finished with 9 men.... atmosphere was amazing that night aswell.. standing on the seats in a block going mental!!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

That was the first time I've actually felt sorry for a player hahaha. Some of the chants were hilariously harsh.

My most memorable moment was walking back through Cathays after the win over QPR and the realisation hit me that we were going to be playing in the Championship. I just remember random Cardiff fans scattered around the streets doing the ayatollah to each other and singing Cardiff songs. No-one can ever take that memory away. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 am

the cardiff v leicester match in 2010 (famous for gypyes' rugby tackle :lol: ) was another one.

Atmosphere in that game was superb in the second half, one of the best atmospheres in the new stadium

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 am

paulh_85 wrote:the cardiff v leicester match in 2010 (famous for gypyes' rugby tackle :lol: ) was another one.

Atmosphere in that game was superb in the second half, one of the best atmospheres in the new stadium

Yeah. A few times this season it's felt like the atmosphere was about to hit those heights but it's dropped at the last second. I've got a feeling that sort of atmosphere is slowly coming. That was immense though. Clapping and chanting literally non-stop en masse for about 25 minutes was amazing. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 am

paulh_85 wrote:the cardiff v leicester match in 2010 (famous for gypyes' rugby tackle :lol: ) was another one.

good shout, has to be the best atmosphere to date in the ccs

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 am

For Ninian Park it had to be McCormack vs Watford.. didn't do many in Ninian Park :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 am

Although I was at all the games mentioned so far, and agree hat they were all memorable moments, for me it has to be Brian Clark's winner against Real Madrid. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 am

QPR play off final for me, watching Andy's lob go in and the atmosphere after and for the rest of the night round Cardiff was class.

A more recent one though would Palace home in the semi's last year, loved the vibe at that game :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

Mikef wrote:QPR play off final for me, watching Andy's lob go in and the atmosphere after and for the rest of the night round Cardiff was class.

A more recent one though would Palace home in the semi's last year, loved the vibe at that game :ayatollah:

that game was mental. has to go down as one of the most one-sided 1-0's ever! :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

nobber wrote:Although I was at all the games mentioned so far, and agree hat they were all memorable moments, for me it has to be Brian Clark's winner against Real Madrid. :ayatollah:

can only imagine what that was like!! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 am

Leeds game in the FA cup it had everything you could ever want in a football match :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am

There are the classics Leeds, Man City, Turner etc but an odd recent one for me is Cardiff vs Leicester in the League Cup last season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14910203

Eight and a half thousand fans really passionate all night for a gritty tough performance against a good side, didn't give up and a brilliant shoot out with us packing behind the goal in the canton end. Loved it.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:49 am

RFMH wrote:There are the classics Leeds, Man City, Turner etc but an odd recent one for me is Cardiff vs Leicester in the League Cup last season

Eight and a half thousand fans really passionate all night for a gritty tough performance against a good side, didn't give up and a brilliant shoot out with us packing behind the goal in the canton end. Loved it.

there was a few more than 8and a half thousand there.. bbc website got it wrong..

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 am

Scunthorpe away 1993 :) Championes, Championes, oh ay oh ay oh ay!

Not only did we go up as champions it was last away game of the season = fancy dress.

I remember not being allowed in the pub near the ground but it was a glorious sunny day and hundreds were sat on a green outside a spar emptying if of beer.

Loads of Mr Blobbies and Fred Flintstones getting pissed. Every other car we passed driving there on the M69 was being driven by an Ayatollah. The excitement beat QPR hands down for me. It was electric. We had half the ground plus and at the end the whole place to ourselves. "Please do not go on the pitch after the game" was the announcement - err yeah right!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
RFMH wrote:There are the classics Leeds, Man City, Turner etc but an odd recent one for me is Cardiff vs Leicester in the League Cup last season

there was a few more than 8and a half thousand there.. bbc website got it wrong..

As did ccfc-mad, sky sports, official website and the wales online LIVE blog http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29454733/ not that it was important anyway :roll:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am

so many great memories but scott youngs winner v leeds 2002, stands out for me as the best. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am

Leeds '02 is up there, I was only 6 but I still remember the chaos of that goal. Chopra's winner v the Jacks was also amazing, just because I can actually remember it and understood at the time how big it was, rather than the Leeds game where I was just excited because everyone was going crazy :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:48 am

Ben Turner's equaliser at Wembley, i'm only 16 so there's not much to choose from.

Either that of Ledley's goal at Wembley vs Barnsley, to see City going into an FA Cup final was amazing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 am

Nathan Blake V Man City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Campbell V QPR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Young v Leeds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But Turners leveller V Liverpool at Wembley was an indescribable feeling.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am

wrexham away when we won 2-0 and took the div 4 championship and all of the above

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Leeds for me.

Followed very closely by Qpr. I was in the top tier and they fucked up the segregation that day and about 100 of us were sat on the Qpr side remember going bonkers when we scored and being pelted with coins :)
Also the pre match march to the mill stad. (I was only youngish)

Ben turners goal wasn't bad either.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Kevin McNaughtons protest against female linesmen when he slammed Sian Massey to the floor. Always makes me smile when I think back to that moment. Apart from that, Leeds when Young scored and NP went mental, Chopra's goal against the Jacks, or the penalty shootout against Leicester. Barnsley semi final was an awesome day out as well. Oh and how can I forget WHitts' stunning volley when Olifinjana teed it up for him - I've got a semi just thinking about that goal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 pm

A couple of greats for me were birmingham a coupe of years ago when jerome came on and he couldnt understand why he was getting so much stick, i think it was 4-0 at the end and the brumy fans kicked off

The same season when we beat wolves i think it was the same score line and the wolves fans kicked off if i remember rightly.

But the best for me was the final whistle against the jacks when we beat them 2-1 what a game that was!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:25 pm

I was at the leeds match and the qpr play off final but I was only 8 and 9 so I couldn't appreciate it like I would have now so for me my best city memory is probably beating boro 2-0 could have been our last game ever and we got into the f.a cup semi's and beat a prem side 2-0 amazing feeling! :ayatollah: