Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First Post

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

I read this site all the time so thought it's about time I sign up. I've supported City for years and although I've learned never to count your chickens with the city, this season feels like it's the one where we finally get promoted. We've got a cracking manager and a great squad and I'm thrilled with where we are at the top of the league.

As much as I love the success on the pitch, what's happened this season with the rebrand has been very painful to bear. I feel like as fans we have been held over a huge barrel and sadly we have rolled over with out putting up much of a fight. The KCB campaign made less of an impact than a fart in the wind. We have sadly sold out to the dream of reaching Premiership football and cracking the asian market. South Wales streets are full of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool shirts - how about VT concentrates on cracking the South Wales market first before trying to conquer Asia? Unfortunately VT is completely out of touch with us the fans and his whimsical rebrand has done nothing but rip our identity apart and split the fanbase.

If we get to the premiership it will be like winning a 5 star holiday to Barbados but having to go with a wife who has cheated on you. Still I will continue supporting the club and giving the boys my 100% support but I will never buy anything red and just pray the club see sense!!

Sorry if this issue has been gone over before but as it's my first post I thought I'd give my two pennies. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: First Post

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I remember you......

You played for us....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm

aj1927 wrote:I remember you......

You played for us....

Turned up was the impression I got!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

PtB wrote:

You played for us....

You don't remember my run where I galloped through and hit the post? I :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

PtB wrote:

You played for us....

Now come on, who can forget his 25 yard outside of the foot peach that hit the post? Wasn't he 6'4? I have never seen a player so tall but so useless in the air, he couldn't jump to head the ball!

Anyway, I agree with Jorn Schwinkendorf 100%, although this has obviously been done to death by now and the majority on here know my feelings, so let's not go round and round in circles again.

Welcome to the forum Jorn Schwinkendorf! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 pm

gav press the button

no just kidding
welcome to the forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 pm

All we need is a team of Schwinkedorfs
a team of Schwinkedorfs
a team of Schwinkedorfs

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Jorn Schwinkendorf wrote:I read this site all the time so thought it's about time I sign up. I've supported City for years and although I've learned never to count your chickens with the city, this season feels like it's the one where we finally get promoted. We've got a cracking manager and a great squad and I'm thrilled with where we are at the top of the league.

As much as I love the success on the pitch, what's happened this season with the rebrand has been very painful to bear. I feel like as fans we have been held over a huge barrel and sadly we have rolled over with out putting up much of a fight. The KCB campaign made less of an impact than a fart in the wind. We have sadly sold out to the dream of reaching Premiership football and cracking the asian market. South Wales streets are full of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool shirts - how about VT concentrates on cracking the South Wales market first before trying to conquer Asia? Unfortunately VT is completely out of touch with us the fans and his whimsical rebrand has done nothing but rip our identity apart and split the fanbase.

If we get to the premiership it will be like winning a 5 star holiday to Barbados but having to go with a wife who has cheated on you. Still I will continue supporting the club and giving the boys my 100% support but I will never buy anything red and just pray the club see sense!!

Sorry if this issue has been gone over before but as it's my first post I thought I'd give my two pennies. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

welcome.k.r.o :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Great first post! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 am

Jorn Schwinkendorf wrote:I read this site all the time so thought it's about time I sign up. I've supported City for years and although I've learned never to count your chickens with the city, this season feels like it's the one where we finally get promoted. We've got a cracking manager and a great squad and I'm thrilled with where we are at the top of the league.

Welcome to the forum. Agree with every statement.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am

Agreed - Any success will now feel bittersweet for me.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Cheers guys, always nice to have a warm welcome! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Jorn Schwinkendorf wrote:
PtB wrote:

You played for us....

You don't remember my run where I galloped through and hit the post? I :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: