Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LOOKING LIKELY TO BE AROUND 600 CITY FANS/OUR AVERAGE ?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Looks like there will be around just 600 City fans at Blackburn on Friday.

I honestly thought we would take around 1,000 up there on Friday and a lot more if it had been on the Saturday.

I don't buy programmes anymore, do they still publish how many we took away to each of the previous away games, if so I would be interested to know what sort of numbers we have taken away so far this season.

If someone could list them that would be great :ayatollah:

Re: LOOKING LIKELY TO BE AROUND 600 CITY FANS

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Yes they still post them, haven't bought a programme since the Huddersfield game though.

But I don't think 600 is too bad with the circumstances. If it was still on saturday not on Sky, we would easily take 1000-1500. As it's a long journey some people don't want to travel back so they want a hotel, and with money being an issue some people will knock it on the head. Expect the same for Blackpool as well.

All in all not too bad considering friday night, on Sky and close to Xmas. Also with the Leicester game coming up :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 pm

bri-825
bri -1862
mill492
pal- 1135
ips-253
forest-1859
bolton-1510
charlton-822
barns-689
derby-727

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm

ninianblue wrote:bri-825
bri -1862
mill492
pal- 1135
ips-253
forest-1859
bolton-1510
charlton-822
barns-689
derby-727

Thank you, I was wondering earlier what our average away attendance has been, the figures posted above says we have averaged 1,017 fans to our away games, tbh that is more than what I thought it would be.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

bri -1862
mill492
pal- 1135
ips-253
forest-1859
bolton-1510
charlton-822
barns-689
derby-727

that's decent tbh, 600 for blackburn on friday night, sky and xmas coming up is decent, thought it would be aroun 1000 tho but times are hard!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm

So an average of 1017 away fans, not too bad if you ask me. Should be at least 1200 to be honest but it's good enough, remembering that we have trips to Brum, Leicester, Hull and Wolves :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 pm

1017 fans travel on average if I'm correct, saying that I got an E in GCSE Maths :lol:

Re: LOOKING LIKELY TO BE AROUND 600 CITY FANS/OUR AVERAGE ?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Carlos,
Lets hope we sell over 200 tickets in the next 2 days :ayatollah:

I would be very interested in everyone else's average? Please :ayatollah:

Crowds/Support home and away has always interested me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:1017 fans travel on average if I'm correct, saying that I got an E in GCSE Maths :lol:

You copied the post above :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 pm

i took the away attendance. from the wednesday programme. but without my glasses :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 pm

600 fans is decent considering the distance and the fact it's on TV.

Although numbers have been lower than usual this season, our average away attendance is great. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:10 am

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... ng-2012-13

Away following thread though not complete. Leeds, Leicester, Wednesday and Forest average over 2000 but they have lots of localish derbies

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 pm

neeball wrote:http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/289648-Championship-Away-Following-2012-13

Away following thread though not complete. Leeds, Leicester, Wednesday and Forest average over 2000 but they have lots of localish derbies

At the moment were 16th with our away support and Top of the League.

After Blackburn away ours will be about 950 for Top of the league and top for for most of the season so far.
None of them are in the Top 2.
Wednesday lost 6 in row and look like going down, Forest and Leeds struggling big time.

Even tiny Watford have nearly caught us up. :shock:
Peterborough away support average 700 :shock:

Years ago we were known for our brilliant away support. What has happened?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Rebrand --- i remember going to Leyton Orient with 2,000 real cardiff fans, seems the real fans have dropped away.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm sure we would have taken many more to Blackburn if it was Sat pm.

Interesting figures and the thing that stands out most to me as that our crowds are still roughly the same as the start of season even though we're top. Palace on the other hand have increased their crowds at home by approx 20 % or so, if we matched that it would be a sellout every game. If we're still there after Xmas ( which I would expect), there is no excuse, our crowds should certainly be 23/24k minimum for all our home games. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
neeball wrote:http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/289648-Championship-Away-Following-2012-13

At the moment were 16th with our away support and Top of the League.

After Blackburn away ours will be about 950 for Top of the league and top for for most of the season so far.
None of them are in the Top 2.
Wednesday lost 6 in row and look like going down, Forest and Leeds struggling big time.

Even tiny Watford have nearly caught us up. :shock:
Peterborough away support average 700 :shock:

Years ago we were known for our brilliant away support. What has happened?

Big problem for CCFC fans is that games are a long way away. Except for Bristol, you've got at least a 3 hour journey/longer train ride, which are expensive.

No real short trips for us, compared to many trips that are short for other clubs..

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Daya wrote:Rebrand --- i remember going to Leyton Orient with 2,000 real cardiff fans, seems the real fans have dropped away.

This is a fact the club will want to keep quiet.

Some mock me when I say the rebrand has cost us a few thousand off our home attendances. Eventually the truth will come out.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Daya wrote:Rebrand --- i remember going to Leyton Orient with 2,000 real cardiff fans, seems the real fans have dropped away.

migh be some off those 2,000 who travelled to orient got fed up and now watch other teams :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Our away support is lower than usual for a number of reasons - cost - rebrand - been there before etc.

But look at:

2 away games in a row several times (2 trips to London in 4 days, Barnsley and Derby in 4 days0

Ipswich and Bolton on a saturday night, live on tele.

Then there is the distance to travel. Sheff Weds have most grounds within an hour of them as do Weeds and Notts Forest

4 Lancashire clubs all within 30 miles of each other, and Weeds about 60 miles.
London clubs (incl Watford) just go on a tube for £5 to an away game.

This is one of the biggest factors.
Time off work and the cost are too much for many of us.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

bri -1862
mill492
pal- 1135
ips-253
forest-1859
bolton-1510
charlton-822
barns-689
derby-727

Out of them 10, only 3 have been Saturday 3 O'Clocks.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 pm

glas wrote:Our away support is lower than usual for a number of reasons - cost - rebrand - been there before etc.

But look at:

2 away games in a row several times (2 trips to London in 4 days, Barnsley and Derby in 4 days0

Ipswich and Bolton on a saturday night, live on tele.

Then there is the distance to travel. Sheff Weds have most grounds within an hour of them as do Weeds and Notts Forest

4 Lancashire clubs all within 30 miles of each other, and Weeds about 60 miles.
London clubs (incl Watford) just go on a tube for £5 to an away game.

This is one of the biggest factors.
Time off work and the cost are too much for many of us.

Good post, I've always said this but struggled to put it in words.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Some mock me when I say the rebrand has cost us a few thousand off our home attendances. Eventually the truth will come out.

Were we practicing last year when the away following was similar to now, perhaps they knew what was coming :lol:
Perhaps if you told VT that the away following had reduced, it would shock him into instantly changing back to blue, you moan and analise and look for anything, but do you think it will make the slightest bit of difference, WILL IT f**k, just get over yourself, follow the team support the club or join the stay aways, but just stop f*cking moaning. :roll:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Were we practicing last year when the away following was similar to now, perhaps they knew what was coming :lol:
Perhaps if you told VT that the away following had reduced, it would shock him into instantly changing back to blue, you moan and analise and look for anything, but do you think it will make the slightest bit of difference, WILL IT f**k, just get over yourself, follow the team support the club or join the stay aways, but just stop f*cking moaning. :roll:

People have the right to an opinion and post about it EVEN if it doesn't match the mighty opinion of Gwyn Davies.

People have a right to air the views about a controversial rebrand of a club WITHOUT fans consultation, if you can't take differing opinions on it, maybe this board isn't for you...

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Correct Chucks .

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Your club don't need to keep it quiet - in truth they are not interested , they got their rebrand plastic franchise following now , the eradication of the real fan they give no shit as they want to eradicate them anyway for the new breed , that's not speculation I actually have the club documentation from a business plan which when the time is right will publish, they don't want the old watch , they want a plastic red new watch ----- kidding yourselves if you think different .

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:01 am

We have never had massive away support compared to other clubs! the geography of where we are located doesn't help us either, only a couple of times a season have we ever taken a couple of thousand away since we have been back at this level, and its been the same all the years I've been watching Cardiff. Couple of seasons ago I think our average dropped below 900, might have been when we were at Ninian in our second season when we got a couple of home crowds below 10,000 Ipswich being one I can remember. people are cautious with there money at the moment 6/7 seasons on the trot we've had a good start just to fade away, I'm sure if we do manage to sustain it all season there will be a huge difference after Jan/Feb.

Anyway with the big crowds get to many people moaning at the team Forest was horrendous this season everyone saying how crap we were, in fact take out the defensive errors by us we murdered them for an hour, and was unlucky not to get away with at least a point. :old:

Mr Steve Day utter nonsense again by you!!!! tut tut tut; Orient first game of the season 1800 boiling hot day we won 1.0; Mansfield away 2nd game midweek 300 we won 2.1; after that i don't think we got over 150 many times after that we finished 5th from bottom with an average home attendance of around 3000. Most of that 1800 stopped coming when your new mate Sam Hamman arrived!

You can't even make up your mind what team you support :D :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am

vince.alm wrote:We have never had massive away support compared to other clubs! the geography of where we are located doesn't help us either, only a couple of times a season have we ever taken a couple of thousand away since we have been back at this level, and its been the same all the years I've been watching Cardiff. Couple of seasons ago I think our average dropped below 900, might have been when we were at Ninian in our second season when we got a couple of home crowds below 10,000 Ipswich being one I can remember. people are cautious with there money at the moment 6/7 seasons on the trot we've had a good start just to fade away, I'm sure if we do manage to sustain it all season there will be a huge difference after Jan/Feb.

Anyway with the big crowds get to many people moaning at the team Forest was horrendous this season everyone saying how crap we were, in fact take out the defensive errors by us we murdered them for an hour, and was unlucky not to get away with at least a point. :old:

Mr Steve Day utter nonsense again by you!!!! tut tut tut; Orient first game of the season 1800 boiling hot day we won 1.0; Mansfield away 2nd game midweek 300 we won 2.1; after that i don't think we got over 150 many times after that we finished 5th from bottom with an average home attendance of around 3000. Most of that 1800 stopped coming when your new mate Sam Hamman arrived!

You can't even make up your mind what team you support :D :lol: :lol:

Tut tut Vincey red boy .

Orient lost under Booby you did , not in 1-0

Sam Hammam was your bum chum - you just turned when you wished ( still have the videos to prove )

Always as ou know supported west ham - something's never have changed - including your cheap shots

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 am

Vince ,

Lets me honest you've always been a " yes " man. You followed Hammam like a sheep, you ident believe me when I told you he was f*cking up !!! Remember the Saturday morning when realisation set in and you had to take to the hills ? Remember how shocked you were and you couldn't absorb the fact I was correct ? Then wasn't Peter your man ??? Yup ! agin you couldn't cope when he derailed , in fact you made up lies with that Nash fella and Corky when you travelled with Wales , that me and mo did fire alarms ? - again you were proved wrong again ..... Now you are drumming for the biggest crook of all !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to buses Vincent -

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 am

Steve you obviously can't count either there was nowhere near 2000 at Bobby Gould last match probably half that behind the goal on that terrace. :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 am

Daya wrote:Vince ,

Lets me honest you've always been a " yes " man. You followed Hammam like a sheep, you ident believe me when I told you he was f*cking up !!! Remember the Saturday morning when realisation set in and you had to take to the hills ? Remember how shocked you were and you couldn't absorb the fact I was correct ? Then wasn't Peter your man ??? Yup ! agin you couldn't cope when he derailed , in fact you made up lies with that Nash fella and Corky when you travelled with Wales , that me and mo did fire alarms ? - again you were proved wrong again ..... Now you are drumming for the biggest crook of all !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to buses Vincent -

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: All that late night drinking is killing what ever brain cells you have left your memory obviously is failing you as you get older!! I'm not going to get drawn in for a tit for tat argument with you Steve not my style action speak louder than words