Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bartley wilson

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Bartley wilson the founder of cardiff city football club died during the 1953/1954 season .
It would be fitting if we honoured this very important person in our clubs history next year during the 60th season of his death by possibly naming a stand after him since his name is nowhere to be seen in our new stadium , even bartley the bluebird has gone .Without him there more than likely wouldnt be a cardiff city today .
Any thoughts ?

Re: bartley wilson

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm

someone else would have founded a football team in a city eventually

though i agree they could honour him somehow.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 pm

we have statues of ex captains , bars named after ex players , a stand named after lord ninian (technically) , but nothing of the guy who started it all ? just think it would be a nice jesture and keep the history and story of the club going by teaching the youngsters who he was before it is forgotten .

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Bartley the red dragon?! :lol: ;)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Something should be done for him, Im reading a book about CCFC which is from the begin til the present. He worked very hard and put in alot of effort. Even put in money from his own pocket :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

I named my dog Bartley after the great man. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

I think the next statue should be of him, I mentioned that in another thread. The only way he's recognised is 'Bartley Wilson Way' on the Ninian Park housing estate :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Name a street after him near the stadium :ayatollah: and a bar :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Main road into the new Ninian Park housing estate is named Bartley Wilson Drive. :?: