Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Danny Graham !!!!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm

waddle wrote:the rumours i am hearing is we are definitely getting a striker in but i suppose if norwich want to buy him then he wont be joining you , i wouldn't mind to be honest , it's like when the rich family keep their cast-offs for the not so fortunates down the street , every little helps fellas ;)

might not have gone straight to you but what about Wayne Routledge then?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Lord of the Manor wrote:I work with a few Jacks, and apparantly it is well known around Swansea that DG loves a pint and a gamble, amongst other things. Doesn't sound like the sort of bloke that Malky goes for, but you never know - they might be talking bollocks/hearsay or Malky may feel that he could keep him on the straight and narrow. We will see. :ayatollah:

;)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
waddle wrote:the rumours i am hearing is we are definitely getting a striker in but i suppose if norwich want to buy him then he wont be joining you , i wouldn't mind to be honest , it's like when the rich family keep their cast-offs for the not so fortunates down the street , every little helps fellas ;)

not being sarky what i mean is if a premier team offer money for him we aren't going to loan him to you and he's obviously going to choose them that's common sense ,

routledge is on fire at the moment and says himself he's playing the best football of his career
and he was never your player and didn't he bin you for a better option

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 pm

lets be honest you have a long history of signing jack. Ivor, Curt, Robbie, Chopper, Penney, Leggy. Nothing new.
DG needs game time and needs to get his old zip back, far more likely to happen in the championship than in the PL. Could be a goer and if the old DG turns up, imo thats you promoted.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Lord of the Manor wrote:I work with a few Jacks, and apparantly it is well known around Swansea that DG loves a pint and a gamble, amongst other things. Doesn't sound like the sort of bloke that Malky goes for, but you never know - they might be talking bollocks/hearsay or Malky may feel that he could keep him on the straight and narrow. We will see. :ayatollah:

;)

f**k Malky, sounds like my type of player :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Yea like we down here in the Capitol Cardiff have to recycle all our chipboard,plyboard and MDF to donate to our more unfortunate cousens in Swansea so they can repair their caravans during the winter gales which play havoc and cause carnage in the provincial over populated Pikey plagued living areas Swansea it is nice to help each other out on occasions. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

;)

Bet he's handy to have in the christmas do :lol:
Last edited by Daniel_PT_blues on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

Yea like we down here in the Capitol Cardiff where we have to recycle all our chipboard,plyboard and MDF to donate to our more unfortunate cousens in Swanseaso they can repair their caravans during the winter gales which play havoc and cause carnage in the provincial over populated caravan plagued living areas Swansea. :o :o :o

cardifflad 69 :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

;)

Bet he's handy to have in the christmas do :lol:

:lol:

Me, him and Chops could become best mates :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

Warren Feeney anyone? :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

Yea like we down here in the Capitol Cardiff have to recycle all our chipboard,plyboard and MDF to donate to our more unfortunate cousens in Swansea so they can repair their caravans during the winter gales which play havoc and cause carnage in the provincial over populated Pikey plagued living areas Swansea it is nice to help each other out on occasions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A thread about a Jack joining Cardiff and everyones been frank and honest whilst staying on topic............Then you come along! :roll:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 pm

waddle wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

not being sarky what i mean is if a premier team offer money for him we aren't going to loan him to you and he's obviously going to choose them that's common sense ,

routledge is on fire at the moment and says himself he's playing the best football of his career

yeah i know what you mean, but if he's lacking confidence and his performances are slipping wouldn't you think it would be better to drop down to the championship and score some goals, or go to a PL club who may not rely on him every week?
Last edited by CalShepCCFC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 pm

64JACK wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

A thread about a Jack joining Cardiff and everyones been frank and honest whilst staying on topic............Then you come along! :roll:

exactly, Jacks have been very tidy in this topic, and then you say something stupid like that :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Would he do the ayatollah though thats the most important question :old:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 pm

What I find interesting is,, nobody supposedly in the know Is confirming this or denying it. They are all quiet :o so maybe there is some truth in it :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

He got locked out by our U21 side.

perhaps our 'english' style would suit him

Players have gone either way over the years - my hatred has died a little
just want whats best for us.

If that means Graham then so be it - personally Charlie Austin or Jordan Rhodes would be just fine

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 pm

eddiep wrote:He got locked out by our U21 side.

perhaps our 'english' style would suit him

Players have gone either way over the years - my hatred has died a little
just want whats best for us.

If that means Graham then so be it - personally Charlie Austin or Jordan Rhodes would be just fine

Rhodes? serious? you think they'd sell their £8m star striker?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
waddle wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

yeah i know what you mean, but if he's lacking confidence and his performances are slipping wouldn't you think it would be better to drop down to the championship and score some goals, or go to a PL club who may not rely on him every week?

yeah fair comment but apparently norwich are keen to buy , so i can't really see a shrewd jack businessman loaning him to you can you

in Huw we trust

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm

I know this is from a month or so ago but still worth posting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 pm

NJ73 wrote:I know this is from a month or so ago but still worth posting.

Well he's hardly going to say 'yeah I'm off to Cardiff, can't wait!' is he?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Lord of the Manor wrote:

No, he just wouldn't comment I'd have thought.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Lord of the Manor wrote:

that statement has never been made by anyone :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

scotsjack wrote:The official line down here is that he has just returned to training after a knock and then some sort of bug that they couldn't get to the bottom of. There have been murmurs that there is more to it than that, but who knows? He scored last night for the development team, so maybe he really has just been under the weather and is working his way back?

Let's say that there is any truth in these rumours, I would imagine it would be a loan with a view to a permanent move if certain conditions are met, there is also a rumour in the media that Norwich are lining up a bid in January, so there are the rumoured choices. If you do sign him, you are getting a proven championship goalscorer and last season he was the 3rd highest English goalscorer in the Premier League (Not too shabby in a Swans team that was predicted to crash straight back down!)

Personally I like him, always works hard even when things aren't going his way, seems to have a great attitude on the pitch and he chips in with the goals, I'd be sorry to see him go, but Laudrup may or may not have other ideas about the way forward.

I heard the 'mysterious illness' was him on the drink

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20184598

See, Uncle Huw wants us promoted

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 pm

so who do we believe the people starting RUMOURS orrr...malky who has WORKED WITH HIM BEFORE AND KNOWS HIM..

Jesus nelly.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

waddle wrote:
Lord of the Manor wrote:

that statement has never been made by anyone :lol:

Bellamy :roll:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Can't see the fuss really. We need a striker who can push us on straight away from January. We haven't got time to play social worker to his off field issues. Let Norwich have him. In malky we trust :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

someone mentioned feeney..... isnt that the guy that kissed the swansea badge (while on loan from cardiff) then broke his leg a week later? :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:someone mentioned feeney..... isnt that the guy that kissed the swansea badge (while on loan from cardiff) then broke his leg a week later? :lol:

Jones worst signing

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:someone mentioned feeney..... isnt that the guy that kissed the swansea badge (while on loan from cardiff) then broke his leg a week later? :lol:

It was me. Claiming that Cardiff were receiving their hand me downs etc. just reminding him about when they had him off us.