Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Danny Graham !!!!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:50 am

Strong rumours in these parts is that Danny Graham is a 'done deal' for a loan spell next month, this talk is coming from people involved in Swansea sponsorship. Personally I cannot see it happening, would the Jacks really assist us in gaining promotion ? Also would not go down to well with their supporters, how would he be received at Cardiff if this happens ? :shock:

Re: Danny Graham !!!!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 am

It would be funny if he scores the goal that gets us promotion then kisses the badge.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 am

heard it was a done deal about 2/3 weeks ago ...didnt put it up as i dont do speculation ...i try to do only facts or my oppinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am

I'd be happy to have him here, quality player. The club isn't going to think "oh well it's Cardiff, sod 'em". As far as they are concerned it's just another club. The fans might have something to say but who gives a shit. I'd love to see him play for us but can't see it happening, it only takes one injury to Michu and they're going to need him. He's too high up the pecking order for him to go out on loan.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:It would be funny if he scores the goal that gets us promotion then kisses the badge.

:ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 am

I heard from a very reliable source we are getting him

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:16 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:I'd be happy to have him here, quality player. The club isn't going to think "oh well it's Cardiff, sod 'em". As far as they are concerned it's just another club. The fans might have something to say but who gives a shit. I'd love to see him play for us but can't see it happening, it only takes one injury to Michu and they're going to need him. He's too high up the pecking order for him to go out on loan.

Joe, they could put a recall clause in the loan deal to be called back. ;)
I would have him here no problem whatsoever and he would do a job for us

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Loan sounds the more plausible but surely they'd want to sell him and buy another themselves in Jan?

Either way i'd take him here he knows where the net is.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 pm

NEVER!! dont want him, only the plastic rebrand fans who see PREMIERSHIP PREMIERSHIP PREMIERSHIP would want the jack tw*t

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Do the ayatollah Danny... ;)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Can't see it happening. The Jacks would never accept him back if he went on loan to us

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Ben one of the best signings we ever made was a Jack when he signed for us he got called a Jack b*stard on his debut by own fans, in his last appearance he cried as he was subbed to a standing ovation and the chant of ***** is a Bluebird, yes that lad was a guy called ANDY LEGG a legend to Cardiff fans a guy who now classes himself as a Bluebird not a Jack, so get real, Danny Graham is a goalscorer he may be a Jack but he could become the next Legend

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Its official. We are Swansea's hand me down club. :(

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:51 pm

The official line down here is that he has just returned to training after a knock and then some sort of bug that they couldn't get to the bottom of. There have been murmurs that there is more to it than that, but who knows? He scored last night for the development team, so maybe he really has just been under the weather and is working his way back?

Let's say that there is any truth in these rumours, I would imagine it would be a loan with a view to a permanent move if certain conditions are met, there is also a rumour in the media that Norwich are lining up a bid in January, so there are the rumoured choices. If you do sign him, you are getting a proven championship goalscorer and last season he was the 3rd highest English goalscorer in the Premier League (Not too shabby in a Swans team that was predicted to crash straight back down!)

Personally I like him, always works hard even when things aren't going his way, seems to have a great attitude on the pitch and he chips in with the goals, I'd be sorry to see him go, but Laudrup may or may not have other ideas about the way forward.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Andy Legg is one of a few ex-Swansea players that has gone on to have a quality career with Cardiff as well. I would never rule out signing a Swansea player if it benefits us. When someone puts on a Cardiff shirt I'm always willing to give them the chance to prove themselves and Danny Graham would be no different for me.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm

kidwellyblue wrote:Strong rumours in these parts is that Danny Graham is a 'done deal' for a loan spell next month, this talk is coming from people involved in Swansea sponsorship. Personally I cannot see it happening, would the Jacks really assist us in gaining promotion ? Also would not go down to well with their supporters, how would he be received at Cardiff if this happens ? :shock:

I can vouch for kidwellyblue, cetainly not someone who would come on here to post rubbish.

I'd welcome him here, he's a proven striker who will do a job for us. Malky's type of player as well.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Ben wrote:NEVER!! dont want him, only the plastic rebrand fans who see PREMIERSHIP PREMIERSHIP PREMIERSHIP would want the jack tw*t

Congratulations you have won the stupidest reply of the week award and its only tuesday..

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:13 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
kidwellyblue wrote:Strong rumours in these parts is that Danny Graham is a 'done deal' for a loan spell next month, this talk is coming from people involved in Swansea sponsorship. Personally I cannot see it happening, would the Jacks really assist us in gaining promotion ? Also would not go down to well with their supporters, how would he be received at Cardiff if this happens ? :shock:

I can vouch for kidwellyblue, cetainly not someone who would come on here to post rubbish.

I'd welcome him here, he's a proven striker who will do a job for us. Malky's type of player as well.

Well the criteria is all there without a doubt.

The Jacks would not object, the rivalry thing at board level is none existant accept for one or two silly comments coming from the Jack boardroom over the last few years.

I do think there will be a number of our fans will boo him, it happened for Warren Feeney and did not Dimi Dropalot get slaughtered on the mbs?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Lets be fair Dimi would have been slated wether he was a Jack or not as he was fecking shit!!!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote: it only takes one injury to Michu and they're going to need him. He's too high up the pecking order for him to go out on loan.

Not really. Graham is a striker, whereas Michu is a midfielder. They are rumoured to be going after a striker in January anyway which would push Graham further down the pecking order. A loan with a view to a £5m move in the summer is very possible imo

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm

I think this one all depends on if the Jacks sign a striker in January.

If they do then I can see it happening and would consider it a very good signing.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 pm

He played under Malky at Watford and was the Championship top scorer 2 seasons back .... dont think Laudrup wants him ??

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:22 pm

If MM wants to bring in a striker to go straight into the starting line-up I'll be surprised if he goes for a loan signing. Usually with a loan deal the parent club insist that the player returns immediately if required. Malky has said many times that West Ham and Southampton helped their cause tremendously by buying quality strikers in January last season. I'm hope that's what he'll do!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:29 pm

people talking about andy legg need to realise he didnt come straight from swansea. Also im pretty sure i remember the odd boo when he first started playing for us.

graham would be a good signing.

Get it done Malky!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I work with a few Jacks, and apparantly it is well known around Swansea that DG loves a pint and a gamble, amongst other things. Doesn't sound like the sort of bloke that Malky goes for, but you never know - they might be talking bollocks/hearsay or Malky may feel that he could keep him on the straight and narrow. We will see. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Since we're buying Jacks now, I'll take Hernandez and Michu please. :D :D :D

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:I'd be happy to have him here, quality player. The club isn't going to think "oh well it's Cardiff, sod 'em". As far as they are concerned it's just another club. The fans might have something to say but who gives a shit. I'd love to see him play for us but can't see it happening, it only takes one injury to Michu and they're going to need him. He's too high up the pecking order for him to go out on loan.

I think the main point here is that the Swansea board obviously see you as a good bet for promotion. If he signs on loan for you and gets the goals you need then you will sign him permanantly. business is business. I actually think he will suit your style better than ours, and I'm not being detrimental to you by saying that, it's just that I think you play a more 'english' game and that will suit Danny down to the ground. And you get a proven premiership striker on the cheap, as I dont believe we would want anymore than the £3.5m it cost us too get him. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm

64JACK wrote:

I think the main point here is that the Swansea board obviously see you as a good bet for promotion. If he signs on loan for you and gets the goals you need then you will sign him permanantly. business is business. I actually think he will suit your style better than ours, and I'm not being detrimental to you by saying that, it's just that I think you play a more 'english' game and that will suit Danny down to the ground. And you get a proven premiership striker on the cheap, as I dont believe we would want anymore than the £3.5m it cost us too get him. :ayatollah:

so whats the word down west then? any truth to the rumour?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
64JACK wrote:

so whats the word down west then? any truth to the rumour?

Much as the same here really. But obviously just rumours. Personally I think it's a goer! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm

the rumours i am hearing is we are definitely getting a striker in but i suppose if norwich want to buy him then he wont be joining you , i wouldn't mind to be honest , it's like when the rich family keep their cast-offs for the not so fortunates down the street , every little helps fellas ;)