Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What we're seeing is players that are sweating for the jerse

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:17 am

Great to hear Malky's comments and many are true, but I disagree with him about the atmosphere, What atmosphere?

I love this quote from Malky.

Ten have come, ten have left and not a single point has been taken back across the severn bridge'- Malky Mackay :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky

" What we're seeing is players that are sweating for the jersey. " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay has heaped praise on the Bluebirds supporters after securing 10 straight home wins Sunday.

The Scot described the Cardiff City Stadium crowd as the “12th man” adding: “They create an atmosphere that means teams come here and be tentative and I'm very happy about that.”

"They've been great to me since the first day I arrived, and I think what we're seeing is players that are sweating for the jersey.

After steering the capital city club to the top of the Championship as Christmas approaches, manager Mackay said: “ There's a commitment and determination at this football club with a good ethic and hard work and that won't change.

"To do that and come away with so many home wins is very pleasing, especially for the fans.

"Fans will accept mistakes, but what they've seen is good football here.

"They've seen goals, not many goals conceded and a team that are on a roll with momentum - and they are joining in."

The former Celtic, Norwich and Watford defender also gave his team’s fans credit for the reception they gave his predecessor Dave Jones during his return in charge of Sunday’s opponents Sheffield Wednesday.

After the Bluebirds won the match 1-0 the 40-year-old said: "Dave was here for six years and I would hope there's a fondness attached to good times here.

"You know he had good times here and I hoped he's be given a warm reception and I think he was."

Re: What we're seeing is players that are sweating for the j

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 am

The atmosphere has been good at times this season, especially when we played Leeds/Wolves/Watford/Middlesbrough. Our problem though is that we're not consistent. It will be bouncing when we're the Premier League. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:48 am

the noise we make isn't bad, and compared to most clubs its good! but people got to learn that the NP Atmosphere has gone, and has done since we moved out!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 am

I sat in a different part of the ground on sunday, my season ticket is for the canton stand but i was lucky enough to be invited to sit in level 4 by a couple of my mates who were there with the welsh guards. The atmosphere seemed alot better as i wasnt in the singing areas, i think it doesnt seem that loud when your in amongst it but i can see where malkys coming from because it sounds better from where he is. Its not great but you notice it alot more when in the "quieter" stands

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am

As I sit in the Ninian Stand near Block 117, we hardly ever hear the Canton Stand, just the away fans. But many City fans who say they sit in the Ninian Stand up near the Canton Stand, say the Canton is loud and dont hear the away fans.
So a few more of you sing in the Canton Stand and we might hear you :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:As I sit in the Ninian Stand near Block 117, we hardly ever hear the Canton Stand, just the away fans. But many City fans who say they sit in the Ninian Stand up near the Canton Stand, say the Canton is loud and dont hear the away fans.
So a few more of you sing in the Canton Stand and we might hear you :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I sit/stand/shout/sing in block 112 and I hardly ever hear the away support - I think it does just depend on where you are in the ground Annis.

Mind you I was in your block for the Sheffield Wednesday game when we relegated them and Betty did his slit throat gesture after scoring the winner - no trouble hearing our lot that day! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 am

It just depends on where you are in the ground... remember for the players it must be very loud as they are right down there in the thick of it, with noise coming from all sides. Sometimes I bet they can't even make out what the songs are, they just hear noise and it boosts them!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:the noise we make isn't bad, and compared to most clubs its good! but people got to learn that the NP Atmosphere has gone, and has done since we moved out!

The NP atmosphere wasn't as great as the rose tinted glasses wearers claim, either. Some games it was just as poor.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:the noise we make isn't bad, and compared to most clubs its good! but people got to learn that the NP Atmosphere has gone, and has done since we moved out!

The NP atmosphere wasn't as great as the rose tinted glasses wearers claim, either. Some games it was just as poor.

True, however, when ever there was what could be called a big game, then the atmosphere was always great. At most other times it was average at best. Make no mistake though, the atmosphere at all other grounds is pretty pathetic these days including your Man Utds, Spurs and Chelsea's :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

True, however, when ever there was what could be called a big game, then the atmosphere was always great. At most other times it was average at best. Make no mistake though, the atmosphere at all other grounds is pretty pathetic these days including your Man Utds, Spurs and Chelsea's :ayatollah:

ours is good compared to others, but it will never be the same as NP if people are forced to sit down, forced to sit where their ticket says, prices keep rising. and Sky picking and choosing when the game takes place, what time, and what days doesn't help!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Do you think the atmosphere is affected by the fact that most cardiff fans expect us to win?

To me we shud hav a celebration type atmosphere for the results weve had this season but it seems like anything other than a win is not good enough and therefore we r just doing on the pitch as most fans think we should.

I dont agree with this and feel that for our atmosphere to be good we need loud away fans and action packed games

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:50 pm

We should be loud regardless of what ive said above because we are a passionate club, top of league and playing bloody well

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As I sit in the Ninian Stand near Block 117, we hardly ever hear the Canton Stand, just the away fans. But many City fans who say they sit in the Ninian Stand up near the Canton Stand, say the Canton is loud and dont hear the away fans.

Exactly, as there seems to be plenty of empty seats at the front of the Canton, singers from 117/118 should change seats. It's a lost cause trying to get atmosphere in the Ninian now with the stewarding. Other than Southampton last year, seemed to be good noise from that section that game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

I thought the atmosphere for NP was mainly down to me.... Because when I went into the Grange it was bouncing but when I sat in the Bob bank it didn't sound that loud. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In hindsight it may have been the roof kept the noise inside the stand and didn't transmit out to the same amplitude as it sounded when you were in there.

Love what Malky is doing - although he may not be a tactical genius like me :old:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm

1 Game the atmosphere was good and that game was Leicester city in the play offs it was bouncing that night and a pitch invasion just to finish a good night off.

Apart from that the atmosphere is generally not good especially when the away fans are singing your not bluebirds anymore.

Its up to us to sort it though but when we do sing an old school song it fades out cos the new fans dont no the words.We only seem to no about 3 songs -and its cardiff city,skys are grey,and malkys barmy army.

Whats happened to all the old songs why are they long gone.

If we could somehow get them back then it would help big time but how do we do that. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

brickyblue wrote:1 Game the atmosphere was good and that game was Leicester city in the play offs it was bouncing that night and a pitch invasion just to finish a good night off.

Apart from that the atmosphere is generally not good especially when the away fans are singing your not bluebirds anymore.

Its up to us to sort it though but when we do sing an old school song it fades out cos the new fans dont no the words.We only seem to no about 3 songs -and its cardiff city,skys are grey,and malkys barmy army.

If we could somehow get them back then it would help big time but how do we do that. :ayatollah:

Your sadly right in what you have posted.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brickyblue wrote:1 Game the atmosphere was good and that game was Leicester city in the play offs it was bouncing that night and a pitch invasion just to finish a good night off.

Yea and it is sad mate but its down to us to sort it but how.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 pm

i was a new fan back in 98 going regular with my mates. first in the bob bank then season ticket in the grange. how did i learn the old songs......simply because they were being sung by the old heads. we need to get everyone back together and it appears to be what i have mentioned previous and also the stadium layout.

a couple of games back in the ninian i heared a couple of old songs creep in and it was a massive suprise. that shouldnt be the case.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 pm

brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yea and it is sad mate but its down to us to sort it but how.

The Canton 'singing section' is a joke. It's more like the Canton standing and playing with i phones section for most of the game.It might change if you had 20 or 30 dedicated fans stood in the middle who would give it some throughout the game which in theory is a simple solution but it would need some organising.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

i was a new fan back in 98 going regular with my mates. first in the bob bank then season ticket in the grange. how did i learn the old songs......simply because they were being sung by the old heads. we need to get everyone back together and it appears to be what i have mentioned previous and also the stadium layout.

a couple of games back in the ninian i heared a couple of old songs creep in and it was a massive suprise. that shouldnt be the case.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Unfortunately I've been in sections of the Canton and Ninian this season where you get stared at if you start singing as if is something completely alien. It's more rowdy at the snooker nowadays