Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barrow Away

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Tough town full of redneck rugby league playing taff haters.

The birds luv a scrap up there and if it gets tuff then the lads join in and help them.

could get scruffy up there :lol:

Re: Barrow Away

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 pm

looking forward to it :D

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 pm

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19173
Some very interesting comments on there board about a potential fa cup tie with us Lol

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 pm

It could be Macclesfield? :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm

fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=99491
Judging by some of the posts on there messageboard, I don't think there overly fussed on our fans. Due to previous visits from our lot

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm

They are a strange bunch aye :lol:
All so negative about everything and thinking the game will be moved to Preston. Yet they seem to think they've already beaten Maccs :?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 am

CantonJack wrote:They are a strange bunch aye :lol:
All so negative about everything and thinking the game will be moved to Preston. Yet they seem to think they've already beaten Maccs :?

not the way i read it. lets be fair, if we had a replay in the cup and then drawn in the next round at home to man united, we would be talking about it, just the same really.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 am

Bugger Barrow away. I want Macclesfield as I only live 10 minutes away, its the closest (former league) football ground I have ever lived near to. Even when I lived in Wales I had to travel 30 mins to watch the mighty blooooobirds.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 am

I would love either away both old fashion terraced grounds, also would be a cracking atmosphere also could get lively :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

How far are they both? Defo up for Maccesfield if they beat Barrow.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 am

dont forget we got mad lou :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:How far are they both? Defo up for Maccesfield if they beat Barrow.

miles away! maccassfield around manchester way. call it 3 and a half hours, maybe 4 on a bus.

barrow is in cumbria, you are looking at least 5 hours by bus.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:07 pm

would prefer maccs cheaper to get there :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm

I want to go Macc :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:07 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I want to go Macc :ayatollah:

looking on the barrow forum they think they already beat maccs and are playing us and will rout us 2-1

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am

It's a fact barrow is the furthest place In England from a motorway ! FACT

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:02 am

would prefer macclesfield aswell to be honest,whens their second round game to be played?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 am

Would prefer Maccesfield as its closer but wouldnt mind Barrow. Reading some of the comments theyre worried about the policing and the costs. If the policing costs are high I think it would be a nice gesture of the club to front the bill or the majority of it to help out a non-league club thats probably struggling for money.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:Would prefer Maccesfield as its closer but wouldnt mind Barrow. Reading some of the comments theyre worried about the policing and the costs. If the policing costs are high I think it would be a nice gesture of the club to front the bill or the majority of it to help out a non-league club thats probably struggling for money.

a nice gesture, but arent we 100 million in debt? :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 am

paulh_85 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Would prefer Maccesfield as its closer but wouldnt mind Barrow. Reading some of the comments theyre worried about the policing and the costs. If the policing costs are high I think it would be a nice gesture of the club to front the bill or the majority of it to help out a non-league club thats probably struggling for money.

a nice gesture, but arent we 100 million in debt? :lol:

True but whats a few thousand extra on top of that. We are doing perfectly fine whilst a club that size are probably constantly worried about the income