Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Mason

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Proving everyone wrong again. What a find he has been. Took some criticism at the start of the season but he is getting better and better. Malky is finding it hard to leave him out. When he comes on he makes an impact. Malky must have real difficulty selecting between Mason and Bellamy. :ayatollah:

Re: Joe Mason

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm

It wasn't always going to be easy to build on the season he had last with the amount of players we brought in, still does his bit and hes copes well in this division.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm

compare him to gustede. and mason is going places :roll:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 pm

been very poor considering how he played last season.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:been very poor considering how he played last season.

Hasn't had anything like the game time of last season.

Great assist for Conway's goal on Sunday.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

The lad is a real gem! Where lucky to have him

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

class act with big future we seem to forget he's still a kid :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

He hasn't been given enough of a run this season. Thought he gave the Wednesday defenders so much more to think about Sunday with his movement compared to HH who was very static.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:45 pm

ninianblue wrote:compare him to gustede. and mason is going places :roll:

compare my cat too gustede and the cat would look a real good player lol....mason is outstanding....gustede is a waste of time IMO :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

f*cking hell you must be watching everything through a pint glass or something. :lol:

his assist was a dink header to conway who was standing right next to him. Fine, but dont talk it up to something it wasnt.

and hes played in 18 of the 20 league games this season, and has started a decent number recently too.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

f*cking hell you must be watching everything through a pint glass or something. :lol:

his assist was a dink header to conway who was standing right next to him. Fine, but dont talk it up to something it wasnt.

and hes played in 18 of the 20 league games this season, and has started a decent number recently too.

I think we all underestimated how much of an impact Miller's runs were having on the team and especially the benefit they gave to Mason to give him the space to make his moves and score his goals. If we'd had a better player than Mason to play last season then i think we would have won quite a few more games.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm

honestly feel he can be one of the best players we've had at the club in a long time :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

He used good strength to get possession and laid it off to the goal scorer. If it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have won... So I think it was a good assist.

Ill talk it up if I want, you don't have to agree - but don't tell me what to think.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

An assist is an assist at the end of the day but let's be honest, Conway made it into a chance.

I do like mason but I do feel he has an extra gear that we seen last season and haven't this season.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:An assist is an assist at the end of the day but let's be honest, Conway made it into a chance.

I do like mason but I do feel he has an extra gear that we seen last season and haven't this season.

someone finally talking sense in here :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:An assist is an assist at the end of the day but let's be honest, Conway made it into a chance.

In your opinion..

You're right, Mason hasn't been as great as last year, but in fairness he's not as settled within the team either, is he?

We don't need to rely on him so much this season either, which I'm happy about.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

In your opinion..

You're right, Mason hasn't been as great as last year, but in fairness he's not as settled within the team either, is he?

We don't need to rely on him so much this season either, which I'm happy about.

"in your opinion" again :roll:

of course its my opinion, i f*cking wrote it!

and then you go ahead and agree with me...... strange :?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

I agree that he's not been as good.

I'm just pointing out that without that assist, we probably wouldn't have won on Sunday ;)

Well yes, but you can't have a go at people for disagreeing with you - better to put forward your ideas, rather than throw petty insults around, yes?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I agree that he's not been as good.

I'm just pointing out that without that assist, we probably wouldn't have won on Sunday ;)

Well yes, but you can't have a go at people for disagreeing with you - better to put forward your ideas, rather than throw petty insults around, yes?

its stuff that shouldnt be up for debate though, as 2blue said, an assist is an assist, and on the whole he looked a lot brighter on sunday.

but a 30 yard through ball, or a killer cross (like conway to gestede) is a superb assist. thats all :D :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 pm

If he could run the 100 yds a little faster, he'd be the best player in the league.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 pm

The Douce wrote:If he could run the 100 yds a little faster, he'd be the best player in the league.

He will never have the pace but I really do think he needs to toughen up.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:I agree that he's not been as good.

its stuff that shouldnt be up for debate though, as 2blue said, an assist is an assist, and on the whole he looked a lot brighter on sunday.

but a 30 yard through ball, or a killer cross (like conway to gestede) is a superb assist. thats all :D :ayatollah:

He came off the bench to set up the winner. Apart from scoring, he can't do much more than that.

Just feel that calling him "very poor" is a little harsh. But that's my opinion, everyone has their own but you can't be critical of people for having a different opinion than yourself, that's all. :D

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Aramore wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

I think we all underestimated how much of an impact Miller's runs were having on the team and especially the benefit they gave to Mason to give him the space to make his moves and score his goals. If we'd had a better player than Mason to play last season then i think we would have won quite a few more games.

Maybe its me but I think he's lost half a yard of pace :(