Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Now you are top of your league and on probably your best run for years
After watching MOTD and seeing how most teams play do you honestly think you could hold your own in the current premier division?

If so where do you think you would be in the table?

Re: Question?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:23 pm

if we add a good striker and 2 solid defenders i would say 14th- 17th , could possibly just stay up as we are if were lucky imo

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

It looks a poor league and has for a couple of years now.

We would need strengthening for sure but if be very confident of staying up.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Lets not count our chickens yet! Any answer would purely be hypothetical because IF we did go up I doubt if the squad that took us up would be the 22 going into our first crack at the top flight. As for the squad we have at present,with everyone fit(big if)then I'd like to think we wouldn't be relegation fodder. At the moment we'd easily compete with probably half of the premier league. For example, if say us, Leicester, Palace or Leeds drew a premier league side in the cup(as Leeds have shown already this term)then the odds would be pretty much even.

All pie in the sky though. Until next season :-)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 pm

In all fairness i used to think we'd give most a run for their money
when we were doing well in the championship but that step is
massive with even the bottom sides having qualities.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Most consecutive home wins in the football league is 25 by Bradford Park Avenue.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Can only go on what is now playing in the championship like Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton. Going on them do believe there are a few clubs in the championship who will be comfortable in the premier. I feel there are some teams whose time will soon be up in the premier.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

colours wrote:Now you are top of your league and on probably your best run for years
After watching MOTD and seeing how most teams play do you honestly think you could hold your own in the current premier division?

Good question.

Of course we could not at this present moment, we would need at least 6-8 Premier League players to add to our current squad. Plus,Watch our youth come through by the end of this season, cracking kids for the future as you know, some are already playing for us now.

Thats why Carlos has been saying get some Premier players in now, ready as we will need them once were there.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 pm

I always thought there was a huge gap but over past 2 seasons the gap has narrowed. I'm basing my statement on the fact that last season all 3 promoted teams stayed up with QPR being the only team of the 3 to be in severe relegation trouble. Of the relegated teams only West Ham did well and went up via play offs.

This season West ham have done really well and Southampton are finding their feet. I didn't rate Reading last season and they went on a great run but I think that they will go down. The relegated teams are not doing well with Bolton and Wolves really struggling and Blackburn have flattered to deceive.

Personally i think we have a great chance of going up and would need to strengthen defensively if we went up.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Relegated, the prem looks poor and the standard in the championship diabolical,hence we're top.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Obviously most teams strengthen its a matter of how wisely they invest,
but i was just curious how confident you were with your current team
at this present time and where you would think you'd be placed.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 pm

colours wrote:Now you are top of your league and on probably your best run for years

I think we'd do much better than QPR, Reading and Southampton.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:49 pm

colours wrote:Obviously most teams strengthen its a matter of how wisely they invest,
but i was just curious how confident you were with your current team
at this present time and where you would think you'd be placed.

I would say with 3 new signings of "premier" standard mid table.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 pm

i dont think we are good enough to stay up,,with the team we have now :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Fair comments, you all know this could be your year i said pre season
on here you would finish around 6th so being proved wrong so far

After xmas will be the telling point Feb to the final hurdle with the outside team coming from no where to join the race.
It's a hard one to call at the moment.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 am

colours wrote:Fair comments, you all know this could be your year i said pre season
on here you would finish around 6th so being proved wrong so far

After xmas will be the telling point Feb to the final hurdle with the outside team coming from no where to join the race.
It's a hard one to call at the moment.

In my opinion I think palace and hull will slip away with top 2 between Ccfc, Leicester, forest and Blackburn (if Rhodes stays fit)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 am

We'll do the league and Champions League double. We'll get entry to the Champions League because Peter Whittingham does what he wants. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 am

Southampton and QPR spent 30m in the close season yet are struggling.We'll need to spend for sure if we get there but first things first.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:24 am

OH,and a question of my own.This lad Michu looks the dogs bollocks to be fair but if he continues all season like he has so far what are your chances of holding on to him?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

I don't watch MOTD.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

OH,and a question of my own.This lad Michu looks the dogs bollocks to be fair but if he continues all season like he has so far what are your chances of holding on to him?

michu is a class player but its no suprise to Laudrop whos well aware of his talent from time
in spain together. Amongst top goal scorers in la liga last year.

Theres no loyalty in this div so i take it as it comes
Money talks there will always be bigger teams for these players & managers but there will only
be 1 Swansea City no matter what division.
Just enjoy the ride when you get the chance.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm

I'd be confident we'd stay up as we have a manager who knows what he's doing, and doesn't sign any old tripe that has 'made it' in the premier league. Plus you can see Malky is building a squad that would survuve in the Prem because he is signing quick wingers and players like Kim who would excell in the Prem standard of play, where CM's generally have more time before being charged down