Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you be happy with Marlon King?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 pm

I've been trying to think of players we could realistically sign in January and I think in terms of footballing ability and someone who ticks all the boxes of what we currently miss in our team I think Marlon King would be a superb signing for us. He's strong, quick, skillful and has scored 1 in 2 for Brum!

I know he has had off field problems and I don't know what exactly happened with him in the past hitting that girl but from a purely football perspective i think it would be a great signing. How would you feel if we did sign him?

Re: Would you be happy with Marlon King?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:56 pm

I'd take him

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Not a chance.

f*cking woman beating c**t.

Is that how low we'd stoop?

I hope not

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm

taffyapple wrote:Not a chance.

I hope not

I've got mixed feelings about it to be honest. From a purely footballing perspective i'd love to have him here cos i think he's a top player, but that incident does leave a bad taste in my mouth though i dont know too much about it.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Never a Malky player in a million years

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Would take him but he's quite an old player now, I don't think he carries baggage, his dark days are behind him now.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Never a Malky player in a million years

Why not?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm not so sure. Him and Malky were at Watford together so he might respect Malky enough to ensure he keeps whatever ego he has to himself.

I would take him on a 6 month deal. I know he's a woman beating prick but he's exactly the sort of player we need up front.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 pm

No. Absolutely not. the guy is scum. The most disgusting man in football.

Shirt colour -or sex offender ? This WOULD be a worthwhile reason to hand your ST back in.

I couldn't take my son down there to support a team with that sh1tbag playing for us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... nal-career

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -girl.html

What the article fails to mention is whilst he was groping this bird and smashing her in the face his pregnant wife was at home :(

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:23 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:I've been trying to think of players we could realistically sign in January and I think in terms of footballing ability and someone who ticks all the boxes of what we currently miss in our team I think Marlon King would be a superb signing for us. He's strong, quick, skillful and has scored 1 in 2 for Brum!

I know he has had off field problems and I don't know what exactly happened with him in the past hitting that girl but from a purely football perspective i think it would be a great signing. How would you feel if we did sign him?

no hes 32 lost a lot of pace and hardly made an impact for Coventry or Leicester
I think we should sign ebanks blake though just to fill in he may be useful

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I've been trying to think of players we could realistically sign in January and I think in terms of footballing ability and someone who ticks all the boxes of what we currently miss in our team I think Marlon King would be a superb signing for us. He's strong, quick, skillful and has scored 1 in 2 for Brum!

no hes 32 lost a lot of pace and hardly made an impact for Coventry or Leicester
I think we should sign ebanks blake though just to fill in he may be useful

He's scored 29 in 59 for brum.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 pm

On footballing reasons i'd have to say yes.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:No. Absolutely not. the guy is scum. The most disgusting man in football.

Shirt colour -or sex offender ? This WOULD be a worthwhile reason to hand your ST back in.

I couldn't take my son down there to support a team with that sh1tbag playing for us.

What the article fails to mention is whilst he was groping this bird and smashing her in the face his pregnant wife was at home :(

Hard to argue with that mate

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm

NEVER!!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:No. Absolutely not. the guy is scum. The most disgusting man in football.

Totally agree. The bloke is vile and I could not cheer him on. I'd rather Nathan Dyer or Bradley Wright-Phillips play for us.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:

Why not?

Because Malky doesnt sign scumbags.

Ive watched him against Derby and Boro lately and he is a lazy big time charlie who would drive the fans nuts.

A lot of those goals hes scored have been pens

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 pm

NO WAY :x

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Definitely, although he's not a "Malky type of player"

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

Why not?

Because Malky doesnt sign scumbags.

Ive watched him against Derby and Boro lately and he is a lazy big time charlie who would drive the fans nuts.

A lot of those goals hes scored have been pens

13 goals 5 penalties. good record to be fair.

i would take him, class at this level and personally i think he could still do a job in the prem.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm

I hope we never stoop that low. Malky would never touch him.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Paul hes 33 in April if we have got PL aspirations hes not the answer

Charlie Austin on the other hand....

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Can't imagine that Malky would ever consider him. Surely he has to be looking at Premiership players who may be surplus come January if their teams bring in new strikers. There are rumours of Stoke looking for a new striker. If they do then maybe Kenwyne Jones might be let out on loan for the rest of the season. That is the calibre of player that I would like to see here.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Paul hes 33 in April if we have got PL aspirations hes not the answer

yeah austin would be fine but at what cost? consdiering they sold rodrigeuz for 7m, and blackburn paid 8m for rhodes?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Halifax93 wrote:I hope we never stoop that low. Malky would never touch him.

He might touch Malky though... he ain't on the register for nothing :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 pm

taffyapple wrote:Not a chance.

I hope not

same answer :roll:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm

i dont really care what hes done to be fair. hes done the crime and done his time inside.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Paul hes 33 in April if we have got PL aspirations hes not the answer

yeah austin would be fine but at what cost? consdiering they sold rodrigeuz for 7m, and blackburn paid 8m for rhodes?

Spot on Polo / Paulh .