Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Realistic January Targets?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 pm

So who do you think we will sign in Jan?

i don't think we will sign Jerome, he makes the bench at stoke and offers them something off the bench.

I'd like to see Connor Wickham here mind, people rave about sordell but really can you see him coming here how many goals/starts has he had this ?

What are all your thoughts...

Re: Realistic January Targets?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Mardon89 wrote:So who do you think we will sign in Jan?

i don't think we will sign Jerome, he makes the bench at stoke and offers them something off the bench.

I'd like to see Connor Wickham here mind, people rave about sordell but really can you see him coming here how many goals/starts has he had this ?

Sordell has made 7 starts this season. He's scored 1 goal and had 2 shots on target! No thank you.
I couldn't understand why MM went for Sordell last January when both Maynard and Sharp were available.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:07 pm

DITH80 wrote:

Sordell has made 7 starts this season. He's scored 1 goal and had 2 shots on target! No thank you.
I couldn't understand why MM went for Sordell last January when both Maynard and Sharp were available.

Because maynard and sharp werent available, one was going to west ham and one was going to play for his former manager at southampton

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 pm

robbie keane from la galaxy until march when he goes back to mls

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
DITH80 wrote:

Because maynard and sharp werent available, one was going to west ham and one was going to play for his former manager at southampton

I'm quite aware that Maynard and Sharp went to West Ham and Southampton respectively, but they were both available before they went to these two clubs! In my opinion MM dithered too much over his transfer targets in January, just look at the Craig Noone fiasco.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

not that keen on the thought of having Jerome returning to City...

Wickham (on loan) would be a good signing imo. The lad must surely be craving first team football.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Pooler_BlueBird wrote:not that keen on the thought of having Jerome returning to City...

Wickham (on loan) would be a good signing imo. The lad must surely be craving first team football.

I agree. My preference however would be Charlie Austin of Burnley. He's already in the groove this season and would score for fun for City with the chances we creat. Burnley are not going to be in the play-off mix so an early bid might secure his services, assuming Malky fancies him, so to speak.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 pm

I wonder how much austin would cost? Maybe a cheeky loan bid for Rodriguez?

He doesn't seem to start much for Southampton hardly lighting the premier league. I think they will go for a big name striker in Jan if they want to stay in the prem.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Mate of mine said he heard from a reliable source sorry dont know who but my buddy is very relable that Malky will be given a warchest of 10 million came January from the Malaysians ( not sure if this was earmarked for the new trainng fatilities or the ground expension funding ) but it apperas the Malaysians are willing to go for broke to get us to the Premier Division now make of this what you like but watch this space.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Mate of mine said he heard from a reliable source sorry dont know who but my buddy is very relable that Malky will be given a warchest of 10 million came January from the Malaysians ( not sure if this was earmarked for the new trainng fatilities or the ground expension funding ) but it apperas the Malaysians are willing to go for broke to get us to the Premier Division now make of this what you like but watch this space.

10 million that would be nice! lets hope its true.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm

How many more times must I tell you - Sordell will be with us in January. I don't care he doesn't start for Bolton. That's their problem not ours. Young, quick, athletic and Malky knows him. perfect for us. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm

DITH80 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:not that keen on the thought of having Jerome returning to City...

I agree. My preference however would be Charlie Austin of Burnley. He's already in the groove this season and would score for fun for City with the chances we creat. Burnley are not going to be in the play-off mix so an early bid might secure his services, assuming Malky fancies him, so to speak.

I dont think there's a manager in this league that wouldn't fancy Charlie Austin, but i can see Burnley slapping a ridiculously high price tag on him that we wouldnt match.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
DITH80 wrote:

I dont think there's a manager in this league that wouldn't fancy Charlie Austin, but i can see Burnley slapping a ridiculously high price tag on him that we wouldnt match.

Player power and greedy agents 5-6m will get him for sure

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:27 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
DITH80 wrote:

Player power and greedy agents 5-6m will get him for sure

far too much money for a striker that wont necessarily cut it in the PL

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Connor Wickham please.