Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Neville

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm watching the build up to the Newcastle v Wigan game and Gary Neville has just been talking about Torres, using his fancy technology to highlight things. I disliked him as a player, but I must say he is by far the most intelligent pundit out there. He is spot on with everything he brings up. I admire how impartial he is as well. I have nothing but admiration for him as a pundit.

Re: Gary Neville

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm watching the build up to the Newcastle v Wigan game and Gary Neville has just been talking about Torres, using his fancy technology to highlight things. I disliked him as a player, but I must say he is by far the most intelligent pundit out there. He is spot on with everything he brings up. I admire how impartial he is as well. I have nothing but admiration for him as a pundit.

He knows his game very well.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 pm

you always got the sense that he knew his stuff as a player. Obviously everyone who wasnt a man united fan didnt like him because he was like fergie's right hand man. Showing what an intelligent person he is now. Will go far imo

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 pm

As much as you want to hate him, you can't. Outstanding pundit.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm

I've never udnerstood why people slated him when he first started on Sky Sports. I heard loads about how shit he was as a pundit but honestly I think he's quality. I thought he'd have been biased and annoying but speaks the truth and knows his stuff! As well as his commentary for Torres' goal v Barcelona in the CL Semis "OhhhHhHHHHHhHhHhHhH"

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Future United manager

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:02 pm

a career at man utd is never a bad thing for knowledge
He could be a decent manager,

a posh brand of gareth southgate :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Great pundit, hope he carrys on.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

best pundit by a mile and he was a top player.not the most naturally gifted footballer but he worked hard to be the best he could possibly be.fantastic example to any young footballer

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Top player and top pundit

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 am

Hated him as a player.
I also hate all the build up to games and all the bulldhit after.
Now if Neville's on there I will sit and watch it. Best pundit by a country mile. Not old and bitter like souness, gray etc.
and very impartial.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 am

Read his book, very good

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 am

He knows his shit thats for sure and was a good player.. That accent get right on my tits though

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 pm

can we get him on loan in January :D :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:can we get him on loan in January :D :lol:

class that :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Excellent player and an excellent pundit. His impartiality even when Man Utd are playing is a breath of fresh air.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Best pundit about. Talks a lot of sense and pulls no punches.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 pm

He is the first pundit that actually makes me want to watch and listen to all his analysis. He gets to a depth with such enthusiasm that no-one else does and I find him fascinating to listen to.