Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bring back Rossco?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Would people be happy if we targetted bringing back Ross in January? Or should we aim higher?

Is proven Championship striker the key? (Austin, Sharp, ... Maynard :cry:)

Or should we be looking at Premier League potential? (Vaz Te, Graham)

*edit* I suppose I should reword that as both of those are proven Championship, but not in the Premier league.. maybe "Premier league but fallen out of favour"

Re: Bring back Rossco?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 pm

wouldnt want ross back here, good striker for this division but no more imo

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:wouldnt want Ross back here, good striker for this division but no more imo

I disagree, how can the same player be valued at £5m and then be sold for £300k. IMO Jones mis-managed him during his last year and I simply dont believe that Malkay will do that.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:57 pm

I like Rossco but I'd rather see a different type of striker.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Austin's the best option, in my opinion. Unbelievably good in the Championship, and would no doubt work his socks off in the PL.

Sign him up, Malky. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Austin every day of the week.

Rossco valued at 5m? By who? Himself :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Austin every day of the week.

Rossco valued at 5m? By who? Himself :lol:

Well after banginh in over 20 goals in his first yeat, I remember that figure being thrown around.

Might be wrong :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:04 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:wouldnt want Ross back here, good striker for this division but no more imo

I disagree, how can the same player be valued at £5m and then be sold for £300k. IMO Jones mis-managed him during his last year and I simply dont believe that Malkay will do that.

how do you figure that out?
we had Michael Chopra, who at the time was a better player, Ross was sitting on the bench. Jones made McCormack back-up for Chopra a decision not many would have disagreed with. Ross being the player that he was would not want to be on the bench which is fine so we sold him. Players are only worth as much as clubs are willing to pay for them.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

If you look at Austin's record, he's been a consistant goal scorer where ever he's been - imagine what he'd be like here with the service

5m + add ons should tempt them ;)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Austin would be the best bet, but Rossco would be great IMO. Scored a shed load in a poor Leeds side last year so imagine what he'd do with us.

Can't see it though as he said on twitter a few weeks back that he's finally sold his flat in Cardiff

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Has Ross played since he got injured against us?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:47 pm

yeah hes back in the side now.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Cheers! Explains why Leeds are on a good run :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am

Id love Rossco back but he wouldn't be the person who would get us all the goals.

Charlie Austin, Graham and Vaz Te.