Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Castle Blue, your post a few weeks back..

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Can you remind us about what you said about having 47 points at the halfway mark please? (Leicester home)
I believe you said something along the lines of that being some sort of target for promotion if memory serves?
Well, we are on 41 now and with three games to go, (Blackburn, Posh, and Leicester) are we on course of what previous promoted clubs have done? I can see us getting perhaps 5 out of the 9 points on offer, but obviously would like to see us get the lot!
I cannot remember the significance of 47 points at the halfway that you mentioned, but would be interesting to see it again.
Cheers. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Castle Blue, your post a few weeks back..

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Don't remember it, but it produces a 2 points per game average, which should always be promotion.

Currently 41 pts from 20 games
3 games = 6 points, so 47 points is within our target there. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 pm

glas wrote:Don't remember it, but it produces a 2 points per game average, which should always be promotion.

Thanks Glas, I think there was more to it than that though? I think there may have been some stat as to all clubs who have reached that total?
Not too sure, but I thought it was an interesting read at the time.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:39 pm

SBF1 wrote:
glas wrote:Don't remember it, but it produces a 2 points per game average, which should always be promotion.

Thanks Glas, I think there was more to it than that though? I think there may have been some stat as to all clubs who have reached that total?
Not too sure, but I thought it was an interesting read at the time.

There probably was more (a lot more) but we were discussing yesterday how averaging 2 points a game has got to be the target for promotion. We are maintaining it so far, hopefully with more players returning to fitness, it can continue. Although it could get tougher as the season progresses, with teams more wary of a top place side. Look at how Sheffield played yesterday, others will follow.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:15 pm

SBF1 wrote:Can you remind us about what you said about having 47 points at the halfway mark please? (Leicester home)
I believe you said something along the lines of that being some sort of target for promotion if memory serves?
Well, we are on 41 now and with three games to go, (Blackburn, Posh, and Leicester) are we on course of what previous promoted clubs have done? I can see us getting perhaps 5 out of the 9 points on offer, but obviously would like to see us get the lot!
I cannot remember the significance of 47 points at the halfway that you mentioned, but would be interesting to see it again.

Think I've found it : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95416&p=931981#p931981

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Gavlar wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Can you remind us about what you said about having 47 points at the halfway mark please? (Leicester home)

That was the one Gav. Excellent read too. Hope he can now give all the facts with an update. :ayatollah:

Cheers Gav. ;)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:21 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:

That was the one Gav. Excellent read too. Hope he can now give all the facts with an update. :ayatollah:

Cheers Gav. ;)

So 6 from the next 9 it is then?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:

Cheers Gav. ;)

So 6 from the next 9 it is then?

Fingers crossed Ian. ;)