Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Non DJ thread

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 am

Yes lets have a thread applauding our lads for their never say die attitude yesterday.

We all want champagne football but you gotta expect to grind out some wins as we did yesterday.

Sign of a promotion team winning 1-0 when most players were not really on their game.

Well done lads.

Re: Non DJ thread

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Yes lets have a thread applauding our lads for their never say die attitude yesterday.

We all want champagne football but you gotta expect to grind out some wins as we did yesterday.

Sign of a promotion team winning 1-0 when most players were not really on their game.

Well done lads.

Well said. Wendies made no attempt to win game. Referee helped them all he could. Even linesman had to correct him at one stage..
So well done to all the players. Kept going and fully deserved the win.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 pm

glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Yes lets have a thread applauding our lads for their never say die attitude yesterday.

Well done lads.

Well said. Wendies made no attempt to win game. Referee helped them all he could. Even linesman had to correct him at one stage..
So well done to all the players. Kept going and fully deserved the win.

Well done the lads. From all 2 of us. The rest are more concerned with slagging off Dave Jones or Malysian children.

Hey-ho. :(

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Well done lads.

Too right! :D

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:00 pm

For me its always about getting a result,even if it comes from players having a bad day at the office.malky is our manager,not worried bout what the opposite manager is getting upto

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Alway hard to play when the team set up to draw and "park the bus" we did well to get a result.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I said before the game I would take a hard fought 1-0 against Jones. It was always going to be tough with the amount of build up and pressure the fans put on the game. Glad the boys did well to get us 10 wins at home :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Even though Wednesday were happy to take a draw from the start by packing the midfield and relying on the occasional counter, when they were called upon I thought the back four were rock solid, especially Mark Hudson

Collectively we need to start improving but we're getting there slowly and with Ben Turner back we'll start collecting more clean sheets. We're top of the table and we haven't really got into gear yet. Personally I think that is ominous for the rest of the division

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Agree - it was hard work and horrible to watch at at times but three points in the bag, so no complaints from me.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 pm

CityGent wrote:Even though Wednesday were happy to take a draw from the start by packing the midfield and relying on the occasional counter, when they were called upon I thought the back four were rock solid, especially Mark Hudson

Collectively we need to start improving but we're getting there slowly and with Ben Turner back we'll start collecting more clean sheets. We're top of the table and we haven't really got into gear yet. Personally I think that is ominous for the rest of the division

Got to agree with this. Haven't clicked yet and I'm looking forward to seeing that happen!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 pm

CityGent wrote:Even though Wednesday were happy to take a draw from the start by packing the midfield and relying on the occasional counter, when they were called upon I thought the back four were rock solid, especially Mark Hudson

I think Hudson is a great defender for this division, he puts his body on the line time after time and I look back at the time when people were calling for him to be dropped in favour of an Anthony Gerrard / Darcy Blake / Dekel Keinan and have a little chuckle to myself.

Angry Adam has been one of Hudsons biggest critics on here so that says a lot really, as AA as conkers for brains. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

I think Hudson is a great defender for this division, he puts his body on the line time after time and I look back at the time when people were calling for him to be dropped in favour of an Anthony Gerrard / Darcy Blake / Dekel Keinan and have a little chuckle to myself.

Angry Adam has been one of Hudsons biggest critics on here so that says a lot really, as AA as conkers for brains. :lol:

He certainly gave a captains display yesterday and with Turner back things are looking up. Those two have an excellent understanding and in the games they've played together not much gets past that pairing. Jordan Mutch returning is also important( pity he's banned for Friday though), but he goes through some vital donkey work in midfield, breaking up play and tracking back which takes a lot of pressure off the back four

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Hudson is the best centre back in the division, bar none.

Also a fantastic leader.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:02 pm

CityGent wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

He certainly gave a captains display yesterday and with Turner back things are looking up. Those two have an excellent understanding and in the games they've played together not much gets past that pairing. Jordan Mutch returning is also important( pity he's banned for Friday though), but he goes through some vital donkey work in midfield, breaking up play and tracking back which takes a lot of pressure off the back four

Yes, he wasnt 100% on his game yesterday Mutch, his touch was a bit off but thats understandable given hes been out for a while. Important we get him back up to full speed because he does offer that little bit extra than Gunar and Cowie.

Just read Malkys interview lunchtime and even though Conway scored yesterday he hinted Noone will come back in on Friday.

No time for sentiment this season he has to be ruthless.