Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malaysian kids with 1MCC

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Barry I totally agree with you and because of the clubs ignorance it has given the Jacks a free run at some of the schools in valley areas which would have been almost 100% bluebird areas in the past.

Here he comes Angry Adam the Merthyr fan

Polo you must have seen people wearing Swansea shirts in Merthyr these days because of this mentality by the club. Here's an example,when I was Councillor I wanted to organise a training day for the kids with the likes of Scott Young and so on in attendance. Then they turned round and said it would cost around £300, how on earth are kids areas like Merthyr going to chipin to pay that kind of money!!!

You know its to do with premiership football? Every town in south wales probaly has someone wearing a jack shirt because they are premier league stop shit stirring you fool

Had the club reached these areas before then, they would be CCFC fans.

Same for Bridgend.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Barry I totally agree with you and because of the clubs ignorance it has given the Jacks a free run at some of the schools in valley areas which would have been almost 100% bluebird areas in the past.

Polo you must have seen people wearing Swansea shirts in Merthyr these days because of this mentality by the club. Here's an example,when I was Councillor I wanted to organise a training day for the kids with the likes of Scott Young and so on in attendance. Then they turned round and said it would cost around £300, how on earth are kids areas like Merthyr going to chipin to pay that kind of money!!!

You know its to do with premiership football? Every town in south wales probaly has someone wearing a jack shirt because they are premier league stop shit stirring you fool

sorry its more to do with the Jacks focusing on local primary schools and it started before they reached the premier league

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Spot on
Just take what he says with a pinch of salt hes stark raving bonkers.

He denied ever being a Merthyr fan yday and ive known him 20 odd f*cking years

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 pm

another thing which I feel effects it is the lack of friendlies in pre-season against local Welsh clubs

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Had the club reached these areas before then, they would be CCFC fans.

Too right
Same for Bridgend.

Angry Man wrote:another thing which I feel effects it is the lack of friendlies in pre-season against local Welsh clubs

How you work that one out?

Angry Man wrote:another thing which I feel effects it is the lack of friendlies in pre-season against local Welsh clubs

What do you care? You dont go anymore, not that you ever went much anyway.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

How you work that one out?

There are kids in the local areas who maybe aren't old enough to travel with their friends to cardiff to watch a game so when cardiff come to them then they are hooked.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

because playing local teams generates money to the local teams rather than teams like Yeovil, Chasetown or any other pointless friendly which doesn't generate anything positive.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

because playing local teams generates money to the local teams rather than teams like Yeovil, Chasetown or any other pointless friendly which doesn't generate anything positive.

Again why do YOU care when its not even your club?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Again why do YOU care when its not even your club?

No I just attended for many years just to do something on a Saturday afternoon. Change the record Polo

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am

Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Again why do YOU care when its a not even your club?

No I just attended for many years just to do something on a Saturday afternoon. Change the record Polo

Youre a fraud and no I wont change the record.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 am

;)
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Again why do YOU care when its a not even your club?

Youre a fraud and no I wont change the record.

you love me really

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Seems that Malaysians are more important that Cardiffians these days...

Just to point out....the last two home games when Malaysian kids have been in the corner of Ninian and Canton, in front of them there has been a local kids side too. Last week it was Ely kids and this week a kids team that wore yellow. Didnt catch where they were from.

So this makes your point totally redundant. Imagine how wonderful life would be if you were not as bitter as you are eh? :roll:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 am

The point is obvious. The point is to spread the brand in Malaysia. These children will go back to Malaysia with their Cardiff City tops on and will tell other kids of how good their time was. Hopefully other youngsters see this as a cool thing and then jump on ship and buy Cardiff City merchandise.

The strategy is no different to what you would see with any fashion label.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Yes, what's it got to do with Tan? No need to even bring him into it.

For me - we should concentrate on local youth.you may agree, you may not! End of story.

Bollocks "whats it got to do with Tan"

This whole thread is your way of saying he is shelling out for Malaysian kids to
travel to Cardiff and neglecting the local area which is blatantly untrue

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:The point is obvious. The point is to spread the brand in Malaysia. These children will go back to Malaysia with their Cardiff City tops on and will tell other kids of how good their time was. Hopefully other youngsters see this as a cool thing and then jump on ship and buy Cardiff City merchandise.

Bollocks!!! If thats the truth then Polo can confirm whether Weekend Offender has done the same then and shipped hundreds of Malaysian kids to their shop in London. :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am

Angry Man wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:The point is obvious. The point is to spread the brand in Malaysia. These children will go back to Malaysia with their Cardiff City tops on and will tell other kids of how good their time was. Hopefully other youngsters see this as a cool thing and then jump on ship and buy Cardiff City merchandise.

Bollocks!!! If thats the truth then Polo can confirm whether Weekend Offender has done the same then and shipped hundreds of Malaysian kids to their shop in London. :lol:

I think you'll find that plenty of high end fashion shops have open sales, films have premieres, etc. All methods to whip up hysteria amongst the target market. Tan's is Malaysia so it makes sense to get the younger generation involved because in the next decade or so they will become the next generation. They are of great importance if we want the spreading of the brand to become successful.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 am

I sit in block 112, not far from where the 1MCC kids were sitting, there was a load of welsh kids there too, didn't read their shirts but they were a local team in yellow training kits, so chill out lads, it's not just Malaysian kids enjoying a day out on CCFC

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I think you'll find that plenty of high end fashion shops have open sales, films have premieres, etc. All methods to whip up hysteria amongst the target market. Tan's is Malaysia so it makes sense to get the younger generation involved because in the next decade or so they will become the next generation. They are of great importance if we want the spreading of the brand to become successful.

There's a huge difference and you know it between shipping kids over from the other side of the world than having a open sale for anyone to visit.

Absolutely ignoring the local kids and thats why the Jacks are moving into areas of the valleys where ten years ago they would never have been seen.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 am

Angry Man wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

There's a huge difference and you know it between shipping kids over from the other side of the world than having a open sale for anyone to visit.

Absolutely ignoring the local kids and thats why the Jacks are moving into areas of the valleys where ten years ago they would never have been seen.

Do you have proof of who paid what expences? Saying something like someone i know from inside the club said blah blah blah is rubbish so is the little bird told me..
Was you there seated near them because quite a few posters claim to have seen other kids there to?
What has cardiff city got to do with you and why poke your nose in to stir all the time?
Cardiff city does not concern you because you are not a supporter of the club so why dont you run along and stop posting your tripe.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am

Angry Man wrote:

What a stupid comparison. Malaysian kids are obviously not WOs target market. Seeing as their ethos is acid house / casualculture then its aimed at British youth / twenty somethings.

However Frank is right they host freebie partys in their Soho shop, give freebies to rock stars, footballers.etc to raise brand awareness.

Its called marketing & PR.

"You shouldnt have given that Jacket to Liam Gallagher or Jake Bugg as they are not local Merthyr lads"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:RM, Barry Fuckle, Angelis, No Cocking, Financial Arightwat, Chargilled c**t = obsessed boring effeminate waster. Ruining this MB. Yawn. Zzzzzz.

Says the chap posting yawn after every post I make.. That's trolling isn't it? :roll:

Yawn.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Seems that Malaysians are more important that Cardiffians these days...

Just to point out....the last two home games when Malaysian kids have been in the corner of Ninian and Canton, in front of them there has been a local kids side too. Last week it was Ely kids and this week a kids team that wore yellow. Didnt catch where they were from.

So this makes your point totally redundant. Imagine how wonderful life would be if you were not as bitter as you are eh? :roll:

If you actually,read ,y points thoroughly, no it doesn't.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

What a stupid comparison. Malaysian kids are obviously not WOs target market. Seeing as their ethos is acid house / casualculture then its aimed at British youth / twenty somethings.

However Frank is right they host freebie partys in their Soho shop, give freebies to rock stars, footballers.etc to raise brand awareness.

Its called marketing & PR.

"You shouldnt have given that Jacket to Liam Gallagher or Jake Bugg as they are not local Merthyr lads"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm fully aware of what it means, I just think they should do PR to more local children - seeing as SCFC seems to be doing a much better job of it and therefore getting the youngsters in as fans at the same time.

Where I worked - it was Swansea domination due to the club doing lots of work in the community - CCFC didn't do half as much.

This money would have been better spent in engaging local lads within the community.

It would also be more beneficial in the future as they would pay to go another time etc..

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am

Its Vincent Tans money he can do what he likes with it and if he wants to bring Malaysian kids over, AS WELL AS engaging local kids then that is entirely up to him.

Its a wonderful gesture imo. As has already been said they were enthusiastic and mixed in with local kids too. This can only be of benefit to both sets of kids mixing with different cultures.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Its Vincent Tans money he can do what he likes with it and if he wants to bring Malaysian kids over, AS WELL AS engaging local kids then that is entirely up to him.

Its a wonderful gesture imo. As has already been said they were enthusiastic and mixed in with local kids too. This can only be of benefit to both sets of kids mixing with different cultures.

It's not VTs money actually, as it is a separate entity which is budgeted by funding from the football league and various other sponsors.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Its Vincent Tans money he can do what he likes with it and if he wants to bring Malaysian kids over, AS WELL AS engaging local kids then that is entirely up to him.

It's not VTs money actually, as it is a separate entity which is budgeted by funding from the football league and various other sponsors.

Nonsense

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:20 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Nonsense

:lol: not at all. The FITC scheme is entirely funded via grants and sponsors. Of course, who to believe, me? Who's worked with the FITC setup or you, who's just a loud mouth on the Internet?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Nonsense

:lol: not at all. The FITC scheme is entirely funded via grants and sponsors. Of course, who to believe, me? Who's worked with the FITC setup or you, who's just a loud mouth on the Internet?

It's his club FFS.

YOU GOING TO STOP HIM?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: