Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malaysian kids with 1MCC

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Got to go to work now and you're still a dick! :D

Totally unnecessary to call people names because you don't agree with them, but there we go.

You're right, but I didn't disagree with your post, as you didn't qualify your need to slag off the club at every opportunity, without counter balancing any criticism, with any positive aspects of the club's good work in the community as well!

In short, you only post negative things about the club and never anything positive!

Think you'll find I did, if you read my posts correctly.

I praised the work of the foundation - again, entitled to an opinion.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Seems that Malaysians are more important that Cardiffians these days...

maybe they werent just thinking of the Malaysian kids...

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 23951.aspx

As Cardiff City climbed back to the top of the npower Championship, 50 children and parents enjoyed the day through the Cardiff City Rewards Scheme.
The scheme donates tickets to those within the community that may not normally have the opportunity to attend fixtures. All children write about their day out and their stories and pictures can be found on the Community Reward website - CLICK HERE.
Todd, aged 11, wrote this weekend: “I enjoyed the game and Craig Noone on the stage speaking before the match. I couldn’t have wished for a better result and a brilliant goal, TOP OF THE LEAGUE!”
We also had Rebecca, aged 9, who commented: “ I liked putting the ticket in the gate and I loved the match! I liked it when the players did their practice and the ball was kicked over the fence. Thank you for the tickets for the game.”

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Got to go to work now and you're still a dick! :D

Totally unnecessary to call people names because you don't agree with them, but there we go.

You're right, but I didn't disagree with your post, as you didn't qualify your need to slag off the club at every opportunity, without counter balancing any criticism, with any positive aspects of the club's good work in the community as well!

In short, you only post negative things about the club and never anything positive!

Think you'll find I did, if you read my posts correctly.

I praised the work of the foundation - again, entitled to an opinion.

If you say you did, you must have!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Great, why not use the Malaysian tickets to give to more local children? To extend this scheme even further?

I don't see how children who have never ever heard of our club should be flown over etc to watch a game and have free kit, when local kids would benefit more from it.

Again, this is my opinion-you can disagree if you like.

Even as a future revenue stream, getting local youngsters hooked secures our fan base for the future.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Great, why not use the Malaysian tickets to give to more local children? To extend this scheme even further?

I don't see how children who have never ever heard of our club should be flown over etc to watch a game and have free kit, when local kids would benefit more from it.

Even as a future revenue stream, getting local youngsters hooked secures our fan base for the future.

Why can't the club cater for youngsters at home and abroad, which is what appears to be happening?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Great, why not use the Malaysian tickets to give to more local children? To extend this scheme even further?

Why can't the club cater for youngsters at home and abroad, which is what appears to be happening?

Personally think local youngsters are more deserving and would get more out of it.

More local kids we can get going the better, long term fan base security etc.

Can't see many people flying over from Malaysia for games.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Personally think local youngsters are more deserving and would get more out of it.

More local kids we can get going the better, long term fan base security etc.

Can't see many people flying over from Malaysia for games.

You said that earlier and I agree, but clearly VT has his plan(s) and I can't see why you're bothered about him catering for all young fans!

As I said earlier, if you've got a certain group of people in mind, then approach the club and see what they have to say, before you run them down again!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Again, where have I run the club down? If you read my posts, you'd see I've been complimentary about the setup - I've worked with them over the past few years!

Just don't see why a club should be giving freebies out to kids who have no real link with the club apart from being the same nationality as the owner.

Can see your view too, however. All part of VTs master plan.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Again, where have I run the club down? If you read my posts, you'd see I've been complimentary about the setup - I've worked with them over the past few years!

Just don't see why a club should be giving freebies out to kids who have no real link with the club apart from being the same nationality as the owner.

So you didn't start the thread to run the club down then? :?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Again, where have I run the club down? If you read my posts, you'd see I've been complimentary about the setup - I've worked with them over the past few years!

I started the thread because I wanted to post my opinions about it. That's what a forum is for, no?

You claim I wasn't positive about the set up at all, which again is wrong as you will see ifmyoumread my posts.

I don't agree with all this Malaysia promotion - as I feel there will be very little return for it. We've already sacrificed enough at this club for the Malaysians. Again, my thoughts and I'm entitled to post that.

Just feel that this club used to be a proper community club, and I was quite proud of that & it feels like that is slipping away.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

I started the thread because I wanted to post my opinions about it. That's what a forum is for, no?

You claim I wasn't positive about the set up at all, which again is wrong as you will see ifmyoumread my posts.

I don't agree with all this Malaysia promotion - as I feel there will be very little return for it. We've already sacrificed enough at this club for the Malaysians. Again, my thoughts and I'm entitled to post that.

Just feel that this club used to be a proper community club, and I was quite proud of that & it feels like that is slipping away.

We're clearly not going to agree on everything in your post(s), so do as I suggested and approach the club with any ideas you have!

They seem to be doing quite a lot for a good cross section of our fans, home and away!

See if they can satisfy your complaint or thoughts and report back!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm

It's not a complaint, it's just my opinion. There's no need for me to "do as you say" thanks! :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:It's not a complaint, it's just my opinion. There's no need for me to "do as you say" thanks! :lol:

You must be joking, read the ready of your posts, all you do is complain!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:It's not a complaint, it's just my opinion. There's no need for me to "do as you say" thanks! :lol:

Not true. As I said, I praised the setup and gave my opinion on the push in Malaysia. You've said you don't agree, so leave it?

Really don't see what your issue is - even if Ian critical of the club, so what? It's not a crime!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Not true. As I said, I praised the setup and gave my opinion on the push in Malaysia. You've said you don't agree, so leave it?

Really don't see what your issue is - even if Ian critical of the club, so what? It's not a crime!

Show me another one of your posts where you haven't complained or run the club down then and where did I accuse you of being a criminal? :)

Goodnight!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Show me another one of your posts where you haven't complained or run the club down then and where did I accuse you of being a criminal? :)

Goodnight!

Right, what is it? You aren't allowed to criticise the club on here?

If you don't like my posts - don't read them, simple!

:lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Now the problems with your post are threefold. This 'proper community Club' did pretty much
f**k all for local kids years ago. In fact one of the biggest problems was a lack of youngsters
coming through the gates at NP, we were struggling to entice them away from the egg!!!!

Now, Cardiff City in the Community is a big thing, more kids at the Club than any time I can
remember in 30 years. So your 'slipping away' bit just does not hold water.

Not does your 'freebies' for Malaysian kids. Because your claim that Cardiff City pay for the
whole package is unsubstantiated. Your 'mate' said its free?? Evidence please? I could just
as easily come on here and say a 'mate' at the Club saw invoices that had been paid by 1Malaysia
couldnt i?????

But the main point people are trying to make is that you NEVER enter into a thread praising
Cardiff City, you have an agenda. Its obvious.

Your not the only one who hates the rebrand. I hate it. But the facts are... its been pretty
seamless. The 'new' supporters have embraced it, taken it on board and are moving forwards.
I dont like that, but its pointless denying it

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Good for you. I won't accept it like you though.

I think you're incorrect regarding youngsters - over the past 5 years, foundation have done a lot with very limited resources.

If you don't believe my comments, that's fine - not really bothered. Won't lose any sleep over it.

Thirdly, you are saying that you must be positive about every aspect of the club to post here?

Nonsense - all about differing opinions.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Good for you. I won't accept it like you though.

I think you're incorrect regarding youngsters - over the past 5 years, foundation have done a lot with very limited resources.

If you don't believe my comments, that's fine - not really bothered. Won't lose any sleep over it.

Thirdly, you are saying that you must be positive about every aspect of the club to post here?

Who says you must be positive about every aspect?

In my opinion, the increase in kids coming through the gates and being involved from a
very young age has grown considerably over the last few years. You cant deny that, so
you spin it by saying its been done "with very limited resources".... translated, meaning
that the Malaysians have got f**k all to do with it (because its a positive)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:

In my opinion, the increase in kids coming through the gates and being involved from a
very young age has grown considerably over the last few years. You cant deny that, so
you spin it by saying its been done "with very limited resources".... translated, meaning

I'm not on about them youngsters "coming through the gates" when I say that. I'm on about the education initiatives that I've been involved with through the foundation.

These were good, but could have been better with more funding. No spin, just the truth.

Its my opinion, you don't have to agree with it - so there we go. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Chuckle f**k off you prick

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Chuckle f**k off you prick

Another who can't take in other people's opinions and just throw a childish insult in return. :roll:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I'm not on about them youngsters "coming through the gates" when I say that. I'm on about the education initiatives that I've been involved with through the foundation.

These were good, but could have been better with more funding. No spin, just the truth.

Its my opinion, you don't have to agree with it - so there we go. :lol:

So 'good, but could have been better'....

Well thats easier for you than saying 'well done Tan' eh

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Yes, what's it got to do with Tan? No need to even bring him into it.

For me - we should concentrate on local youth.you may agree, you may not! End of story.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Barry I totally agree with you and because of the clubs ignorance it has given the Jacks a free run at some of the schools in valley areas which would have been almost 100% bluebird areas in the past.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Angry Man wrote:Barry I totally agree with you and because of the clubs ignorance it has given the Jacks a free run at some of the schools in valley areas which would have been almost 100% bluebird areas in the past.

Here he comes Angry Adam the Merthyr fan

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Barry I totally agree with you and because of the clubs ignorance it has given the Jacks a free run at some of the schools in valley areas which would have been almost 100% bluebird areas in the past.

Polo you must have seen people wearing Swansea shirts in Merthyr these days because of this mentality by the club. Here's an example,when I was Councillor I wanted to organise a training day for the kids with the likes of Scott Young and so on in attendance. Then they turned round and said it would cost around £300, how on earth are kids areas like Merthyr going to chipin to pay that kind of money!!!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Probably the same dickhead?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Probably the same dickhead?

Incorrect.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Polo you must have seen people wearing Swansea shirts in Merthyr these days because of this mentality by the club. Here's an example,when I was Councillor I wanted to organise a training day for the kids with the likes of Scott Young and so on in attendance. Then they turned round and said it would cost around £300, how on earth are kids areas like Merthyr going to chipin to pay that kind of money!!!

You know its to do with premiership football? Every town in south wales probaly has someone wearing a jack shirt because they are premier league stop shit stirring you fool