Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malaysian kids with 1MCC

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Why is future growth going to be in Malaysia? CCFC used to pride itself on being a club for the locals - just appears to be disappearing quicker than blue and white kits...

You still don't answer my question! :?

As for your repeated criticism of the club again, I'd say that the club are trying to promote us at home and abroad and have clearly identified the youth of today, as it's future revenue stream!

Hence the Family Club of the year award(s)!

Why not the LOCAL youth of today? Surely that would be more of a future revenue stream. Get them hooked early on. No?

I agree, but I can also see that the club need to market us wherever they feel is necessary and if they can earn money by raising our profile in Malaysia or Timbuktoo, then why should we feel the need to complain?

IMO, the club are doing things right and are still looking after the local community!

If you've got any ideas how the club can encourage more of our local youth to attend matches, then approach the club!

Until you've done that and been turned down, then I can't see how you can justify in ripping into them at every opportunity!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Why is future growth going to be in Malaysia? CCFC used to pride itself on being a club for the locals - just appears to be disappearing quicker than blue and white kits...

I agree with your point here, the local element is just as important as the international element. But if you have noticed in Canton 109, there were free tickets issued to local kids football team on Sunday and for the past 5 home games as well. I think Taffs Well had free tickets for the under 11's and 12's.

I do agree the club can do more as well.......do you know what budget they're working on btw Barry? be interesting to know. Obviously the club would have to self fund the projects unless they get some partners involved.

The budget is very strict. I was a teacher myself for a few years and worked alongside the foundation with a language programme - it was coordinated by a fella called Joel Hutton - who is fantastic at his job, club very lucky to have him.

Finance is very tight and football league give lots of grants. When we played Blackpool in the playoff final and lost - had we won the funding would have gone through the roof.

Since the Malaysians have come on board, I've nothing to do with the club on a professional basis, I know they've got a partnership with Legal & General and other local companies too.

I'm not critical of the setup at all, just feel that giving tickets to Malaysian boys is a bit of a waste and is hardly a "future revenue stream"...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Fair enough, I just see promotion in Malaysia as a bit of a waste.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Fair enough, I just see promotion in Malaysia as a bit of a waste.

Why?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

I agree with your point here, the local element is just as important as the international element. But if you have noticed in Canton 109, there were free tickets issued to local kids football team on Sunday and for the past 5 home games as well. I think Taffs Well had free tickets for the under 11's and 12's.

I do agree the club can do more as well.......do you know what budget they're working on btw Barry? be interesting to know. Obviously the club would have to self fund the projects unless they get some partners involved.

The budget is very strict. I was a teacher myself for a few years and worked alongside the foundation with a language programme - it was coordinated by a fella called Joel Hutton - who is fantastic at his job, club very lucky to have him.

Finance is very tight and football league give lots of grants. When we played Blackpool in the playoff final and lost - had we won the funding would have gone through the roof.

Since the Malaysians have come on board, I've nothing to do with the club on a professional basis, I know they've got a partnership with Legal & General and other local companies too.

I'm not critical of the setup at all, just feel that giving tickets to Malaysian boys is a bit of a waste and is hardly a "future revenue stream"...

I can't see that it's a bit of a waste, as none of us know whether we'll get any return from the Malaysian kids's experience in attending any of our games or not!

I've no idea whether they spent any money whilst at the stadium or in Cardiff, but there was also plenty of empty seats in the ground yesterday, so that wouldn't have cost the club anything and it could well end up earning the club some revenue, which I suppose we may never find out!

Apart from all that, it appears that 1MCC paid for the trip, so that hasn't cost us anything, but may well raise our profile even further abroad!

Can't see any negatives from their visit tbh!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Cardiff lads would have worm them home too and will continue to support us and nag their parents to come back.

Why is it good for the future of the club that some youngsters from the other side of the world got a free day out? What benefits will the club get in the future?

Having worked with the community foundation section of City for the past few seasons - it's very tough to get anything for local youngsters, so I'm annoyed that this freebie was given out to children with no real link to CCFC.

It was definitely a freebie as I know a few of the lads who work in the community section and they informed me.

If you attended more games you would have seen loads of local kids walking or playing on the pitch, the other week there were a hundred kids boys and girls who did a lap of honour round the pitch, these were kids who attend the development centers around South Wales, but let's just look for negatives hey.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Cardiff lads would have worm them home too and will continue to support us and nag their parents to come back.

Why is it good for the future of the club that some youngsters from the other side of the world got a free day out? What benefits will the club get in the future?

Having worked with the community foundation section of City for the past few seasons - it's very tough to get anything for local youngsters, so I'm annoyed that this freebie was given out to children with no real link to CCFC.

It was definitely a freebie as I know a few of the lads who work in the community section and they informed me.

If you attended more games you would have seen loads of local kids walking or playing on the pitch, the other week there were a hundred kids boys and girls who did a lap of honour round the pitch, these were kids who attend the development centers around South Wales, but let's just look for negatives hey.

Hes a Jack Gwyn, he wouldnt have noticed.

Was meant to meet Annis yesterday to "prove" this isnt the case but failed to show. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I'm at every game. Kids who attend development centres, those children who have to PAY for the Privilege of being in the development centres.

They pay weekly fees to be part of that. Frankly, walking around the pitch is the least they can do for that.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

I can't see that it's a bit of a waste, as none of us know whether we'll get any return from the Malaysian kids's experience in attending any of our games or not!

I've no idea whether they spent any money whilst at the stadium or in Cardiff, but there was also plenty of empty seats in the ground yesterday, so that wouldn't have cost the club anything and it could well end up earning the club some revenue, which I suppose we may never find out!

Apart from all that, it appears that 1MCC paid for the trip, so that hasn't cost us anything, but may well raise our profile even further abroad!

I'd say quite confidently that we won't get many of them coming regularly every game from Malaysia to watch us. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Barry the development coach, Frank the Serie A scout.

We are blessed with some of footballs finest on this board :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

I'd say quite confidently that we won't get many of them coming regularly every game from Malaysia to watch us. :lol:

So you can only provide revenue to a club by attending games? :? :roll:

It costs me more than £70 per month for Sky Television, but I only ever attend the Cardiff games! :D

Mario Polotelli wrote:Barry the development coach, Frank the Serie A scout.

We are blessed with some of footballs finest on this board :lol:

Where have I claimed to coach any CCFC development sides?

my mates son played against them for the CCFC futsal team in the week. he had nothing but praise for them.

If its gonna help the academy in the long run then so be it'!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

So you can only provide revenue to a club by attending games? :? :roll:

It costs me more than £70 per month for Sky Television, but I only ever attend the Cardiff games! :D

Again, where did I say that the only revenue is through ticket sales? It's not - shirt sales may go well over there, but the fans who attend games will always bring in the majority of fan created revenue.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Got to go to work now and you're still a dick! :D

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Got to go to work now and you're still a dick! :D

Totally unnecessary to call people names because you don't agree with them, but there we go.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Whan those kids go back to malaysia and tell all there friends how much they enjoyed there time here and how fantastic cardiff city were and how friendly the welsh people were ,and the word spreads what do you think that will do for the club you love ,if cardiff city took off over there could you imagine what that would do for our club ,(are you one off the friendly welsh people).

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm

cruzer wrote:Whan those kids go back to malaysia and tell all there friends how much they enjoyed there time here and how fantastic cardiff city were and how friendly the welsh people were ,and the word spreads what do you think that will do for the club you love ,if cardiff city took off over there could you imagine what that would do for our club ,(are you one off the friendly welsh people).

Where's the revenue stream from that? Local Cardiff lads would do just the same yet I don't see us offering local lads free shirts etc.

It's just my opinion - I'm entitled to that.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm

merchandise ,shirts stc , advertising ,potential investors that might want to put money into our club ,you go round the world to a african vilage etc out in the sticks what do you see one of the people wearing a man u shirt ,thats what its all about raising the profile of our club around the world cos in the long run it will benefit us .

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

The problem here is that people dont see the work that the club does behind the scenes and throughout the weekdays visiting local schools and doing school holiday football camps etc, all they see is a few malaysian kids on a once in a lifetime trip to cardiff having the chance to watch a game live , by the way i believe it was supported by vincent tans malaysian foundation over there and the tickets were not free they were payed for through that . im also under the impression true or not that it is a transfer deal and welsh youngsters will be travelling to malaysia in exchange to learn about there cultures aswell .
The cardiff football in the community structure is superb and deserves a lot of credit they cant keep everybody happy but they try very hard too.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Malaysian kids brought more atmosphere and enthusiasm than most our fans :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

Totally unnecessary to call people names because you don't agree with them, but there we go.

He's a cretin, anyway.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

He's a cretin, anyway.

Says the dick who can't stop childishly arguing with Swansea fans over nothing of importance!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

You're right, but I didn't disagree with your post, as you didn't qualify your need to slag off the club at every opportunity, without counter balancing any criticism, with any positive aspects of the club's good work in the community as well!

In short, you only post negative things about the club and never anything positive!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Seems that Malaysians are more important that Cardiffians these days...

Yawn

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Season tickets for a £1 not good enough :lol:

This reply was conveniently ignored!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 pm

RM, Barry Fuckle, Angelis, No Cocking, Financial Arightwat, Chargilled c**t = obsessed boring effeminate waster. Ruining this MB. Yawn. Zzzzzz.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Seems that Malaysians are more important that Cardiffians these days...

They are trying to promote us in Maylaysia, and whats wrong with that, how do you know they didn't pay for their trip 8-)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Already answered that question.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:RM, Barry Fuckle, Angelis, No Cocking, Financial Arightwat, Chargilled c**t = obsessed boring effeminate waster. Ruining this MB. Yawn. Zzzzzz.

Says the chap posting yawn after every post I make.. That's trolling isn't it? :roll: